Bangkok to isaan quickly

magicroundabout

Hi all, 

We are due to arrive in Bangkok at 7.15pm sunday nite and trying to get to isaan (kk, udon etc) as quickly as possible. It looks likely there are no flights at that time - Anyone know any other options? 

We need to get back urgently for a family bereavement so any advice would be appreciated. 

Thanks

From what I've heard, private taxi up to Nakhon Ratchasima (Korat) is 2,500 - 3,000 Baht.   Here's an expat page up there, there's contacts on there for private taxis.  If you mean to get further North, I'm sure someone will answer/provide links and additional details to get you on your way.  Good luck. 

https://www.facebook.com/groups/koratexpats/

If a plane is out next quickest would be a taxi, then the Bus as suggested above, and there is also the Train. That takes around 9hrs to Udon so not exactly quick but it will have you there in the morning by 6am. 

Also depends if cost is a consideration, if not, go by car.

Can I make a presumption that you don't need to be at your destination before about 9 a.m. on the Monday ? There are night buses leaving Suwanaphum Airport at around 11 p.m, if memory serves me. That would put you in Khon Kaen at about 5 a.m., and Udon at about 7 a.m.  I have never used them myself. Perhaps someone who has can confirm the departure time(s).

I have now done a bit of searching. The bus(es) appear to leave Suwannaphum at about 9 p.m., too early for you. Try this:

- dep. Morchit approx. 9 p.m, in a taxi to Morchit 2 bus terminal, arriving there about 10:30.

-  allowing 45 min. searching/waiting time, , board a bus at about 11:15. There should be buses at this time.

- It is a slightly shorter trip than from Suwannaphum, so arrival time should be as indicated above.

If arriving at Suvarnabhumi (BKK) airport your only choice from there would be Thai Smile to Khon Kaen or Udon Thani and there is no flights late enough. There are early flights at 7 to 8 am tomorrow.

From Don Mueang (DMK) there would be more choices for flights.

We've used the Boxtel in Suvarnahumi to spend the night and get the first flight out in the morning. It's cheap and 10 mins walk to arrivals/departures.

It's just part the entrance to the airport rail link

In terms of timing there probably isn't a lot in it getting a taxi/bus or waiting until the first flight out, but it's a lot less stressful

We've used the Boxtel in Suvarnahumi to spend the night and get the first flight out in the morning. It's cheap and 10 mins walk to arrivals/departures.

It's just part the entrance to the airport rail link

In terms of timing there probably isn't a lot in it getting a taxi/bus or waiting until the first flight out, but it's a lot less stressful

And safer!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

55 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

If arriving at Suvarnabhumi (BKK) airport your only choice from there would be Thai Smile to Khon Kaen or Udon Thani and there is no flights late enough. There are early flights at 7 to 8 am tomorrow.

From Don Mueang (DMK) there would be more choices for flights.

The downsides of DMK, are;

a. You gotta get there.

b. If you’re arriving from an international flight you probably have baggage. All the LCC from DMK will charge you extra for checked baggage, Thai Smile tickets out of BKK, include 20Kg. So always do the math before you book

Arriving today 19:15?

The OP is on it's way (via Dubai likely).

If it's about squeezing hours a van taxi is the option.

Approx. 10 Baht per km and not certain whether every driver will do a night ride.

Suvarnabhumi to Khon Kaen city about 450 km

Suvarnabhumi to Udon Thani city about 570 km.

Condolences for your loss. Attached are a couple of flight options BKK and DMK. DMK has flight at 06:00 in morning arrives Udon Thani 07:05.

DMK  to Khon Kaen 05:50 arrives 06:50

- Depending where you need to be Udon Thani to Khon Kaen is a good 1-1-1/2 hr drive. 

- Sometimes the immigration lines at BKK can be 1-2 hrs. 

- You get a rental car / car service and it’ll be at a steady quick stop on the way 9 hours. Depending on time to get through immigration you arrive destination 05:30 / 06:30.

May be best to fly and get a little rest as you’ll probably have long day when you arrive your destination. 

I checked using www.ctrip.com only because it shows airline/time options. 

Both airports have hotels relatively close. 

Best of luck and safe travels. 

48266FF4-4CCD-4F56-8D46-35E0A560C812.png

B91DB164-6A78-44C9-9E13-B1448F659769.png

3B3B55CA-53E7-4427-9D11-15572D606C02.png

1156D738-6606-4C55-B4BB-C78FDF0E1592.png

Archived