This is its Chair.

This Chair is its.

That is Its wallet.

That wallet is its.

These are its tables. 

These tables are its.

Those are its pens.

Those pens are its.

I am English and have never heard anything like this in a English sentence! Is it Legit?

Its a long way from being legit. I would be looking for another teacher because once bad habits are formed it will be difficult to break the cycle.

And a tip here, better to use a native English speaker for a teacher, not a Thai and not a Fillipino either because from my experience as a teacher for many years, most Fillipinos I've worked with are not a whole lot better. If you are going to do something, better to do it right from the start.

7 minutes ago, Esso49 said:

Well why not get your wife an English, English teacher  so that she is taught, and she can learn, correctly ? Many Thais speak a bastardised English. 

Where is any in Chiang Mai  I prefer a private tutor. American, Australian or British.

7 minutes ago, Esso49 said:

Well why not get your wife an English, English teacher  so that she is taught, and she can learn, correctly ? Many Thais speak a bastardised English. 

An English ex colleague changed his profession, studied and became a teacher where his first teaching job was in South Korea.

He had THE strongest Mancunian accent you can imagine.

1 hour ago, Duaned said:

Her Thai teacher say sentences like.

This is its Chair.

This Chair is its.

That is Its wallet.

That wallet is its.

These are its tables. 

These tables are its.

Those are its pens.

Those pens are its.

Just a thought, was the teacher talking about a ladyboys stuff?

20 minutes ago, Esso49 said:

No, I learned to read and write Thai with YMCA, they do a very good job at a reasonable price.

They also run holiday activities for kids, and English courses for Thais (mainly Thai ladies from what I saw).

Just off Huey Keow road in Santitham area.

Can you not teach her yourself? 

I insisted my Mrs utilise a book for daily chores, things to do, we need, general planning. When out shopping if it was not in the book it did not get purchased.

It took a year of nagging to get her to use it. It took a year to get her to use it correctly and now she is an organisation queen. The beauty of it was her English improved dramatically. 3 years but well worth while. 

• 6 months later...

my thai wife has a good start on english .. i have used the scrabble game to improve on her english 

using  google translate to make the connections ... 

Archived