Looking for a Bilingual school in Pattaya

I have read the education section for recommendations for bilingual schools in the Pattaya area.  The topics I have read are a little dated. I am looking for a school for my son who is 5 years old. He has been in Kindergarten in a Thai public school for the last 2 years . I would like for him to learn English in school, I am thinking of moving him to a bilingual school. From the different topics I have read, it looks like 3 schools in the Pattaya area were discussed: Maryvit, Sadit and the Phoenix. They all had their pros and cons. Can anyone recommend a school with a good English program in the Pattaya area? My son is half American and half Thai, we might move to the US in the future, so I would like for him to study in both English and Thai. Thank you for any suggestions.

Just now, chaiyaphumcharlie said:

My concern with the International school, other than price, is that he would no longer study Thai. I would like him to study both English and Thai.

I understand that but you are not going to get him a good English teacher in a bilingual school as mostly they teach a bastardised English primarily because they are not English,  English teachers.  But there are exceptions.

I maybe wrong, but I felt from reading many views on this topic that International schools were best if you were sure to study or live outside of Thailand in the future. The bilingual schools were suited for those who would like exposure to English but are not sure they will live or study outside of Thailand. At this time, we are not sure if we will live in the US. I believe that many of the teachers in the bilingual schools are from the Philippines. 

My 8 year old son currently attends Phoenix English program and it's quite good with native English speakers in each class room as head teacher and a Thai as 2nd teacher.

We moved him out of Maryvitt as they were hitting him sometimes making me very angry, he hated that school but thankfully he is very happy at Phoenix. Maryvit uses English teachers from the Philippines, Phoenix uses UK teachers, Maryvit is not a true bilingual school but more Thai orientated.

They also learn Thai on Phoenix as mentioned, very important for his future in Thailand.

Sadly Phoenix only goes up to 6th grade.

Tara Pattaya is run by same outfit as phoenix and is an international school, 7th grade on-wards cost an eye-watering 450k baht per year, we paid them a visit  last week.

Pnoenix starts at 0800 and ends at 1600 but we give him 1 hour extra everyday, vollyball, football, painting, sometimes Thai.

Tara Pattaya starts at 0900, ends at 1550 and also here options of having your kid staying until 1700, and surprise surprise, at no extra cost.

We can move our son to Tara without paying 80k baht enrollment fee because as I said same owners. 

Thanks guzzi for your info regarding Phoenix. I will check them out. 

That's good that your son is enjoying it there.

Does your son speak both Thai and English?

My son has been going to a Thai school. He needs to work on his English.

My wife spoke to Maryvit. They said they had classes where they taught 40% in English.

Archived