"Guitar King" collides with Thai woman on way to gig at Walking Street

webfact

"Guitar King" collides with Thai woman on way to gig at Walking Street

41215873_1166179290199973_7512906465183531008_n.jpg

Picture: Pattaya News Archive

A well known old Thai guitarist who goes by the name of "Guitar King" was involved with a collision with a pedestrian in South Pattaya on Saturday night.

Lam Morrison (also known as Wichai Nuamjem) aged 74, was on his way to perform at Walking Street when he was involved in a collision with Loppraphan Sariphim, 40.

She was treated for a head wound and other lacerations at the scene before being taken to hospital. She also hurt her right leg.

Lam told Kep Khao Pattaya that the woman walked out and he did not see her.

41298094_1166179326866636_7704418541516095488_n.jpg

Picture: Pattaya News Archive

A YouTube video of the aftermath showed the rocker's black BMW 325i with a smashed windscreen by the side of the road.

Online pictures of Lam name him as the "number one guitarist of Thailand" where he is known as Guitar King.

Source: Pattaya News Archive

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-09-10

2 minutes ago, Happy enough said:

i like how they pointed out it was a 325i. not some shitty 318 but a 325i don't you know ?

Smashed windscreen but no other frontal damage shown.    So the female pedestrian vaulted from the pavement into his screen ?   Guess a no fault accident on his part due to the fact he was driving a BMW ?

2 minutes ago, Esso49 said:

Smashed windscreen but no other frontal damage shown.    So the female pedestrian vaulted from the pavement into his screen ?   Guess a no fault accident on his part due to the fact he was driving a BMW ?

nah. it's too old. probably half a millions worth if that. he ain't getting away with shit. 500 baht and wai for you clumsy guitarist, that'll teach ya . . .

2 hours ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

Lam !

The Thai Keith Richards !!

( as in ancient but still a crowdpuller )

Lam Morrison, a beer bar player is in some way comparable to Keith Richards? I wouldn't have thought so. Unless it's just their ages you are comparing. 

18 minutes ago, Jeremy50 said:

Lam Morrison, a beer bar player is in some way comparable to Keith Richards? I wouldn't have thought so. Unless it's just their ages you are comparing. 

I think you need to get on Google, he is, or rather was much more than just a beer bar player.

1 minute ago, Bangkok Barry said:

He's played alongside some of the Greats. And Google says he's 69, not 74.

I'd put him down as a very average pub guitarist by UK standards. Have a mate who plays gigs in his spare time. Makes lam Morrison look like Mary Hopkins.

2 hours ago, off road pat said:

There are at least excellent 4 guitar players worth that name only in Chiang Mai !!!

theres many guitarists that are good but usually they play the same riffs over and over again from a list most requested by farang customers.  ac/dc,  hotel california, etc etc.  very few will play joe satriani stuff because # not in high demand . # very technically challenging . aka really difficult.   if you go the youtube page of the jack thammarat you will see global praise for this cover and his ability. the majority from outside of thailand.  just a handful are able to do this cover and that covers the globe

7 hours ago, Kim J said:

This whole thing is most likely down to driving too fast and / or being under the influence of some mind altering substance. Unfortunately it usually is here in Thailand.

I highly doubt it at his age.

7 hours ago, Orac said:

Has he got himself a new car - what happened to the red thing that looks like he made it himself?

He's that BMW for years, still has the red (sometimes) yellow one also.

4 hours ago, balo said:

He is probably better at playing guitars than driving a car. At his age and being rich he could afford to hire a private driver.

Rich? Don't know about now but sometimes he does get driven.

3 hours ago, Spidey said:

I'd put him down as a very average pub guitarist by UK standards. Have a mate who plays gigs in his spare time. Makes lam Morrison look like Mary Hopkins.

I reckon I may have seen Lam play more than alot of people on this forum and trust me when he turns it on he's still brilliant, he's getting on now so plays what he likes to play (or whats requested every night) but even when he played in my old place every now and then he'd play something that would make your hair stand on end.

?

Archived