Alleged Koh Tao rape victim in her first interview accuses police of suppressing truth 

Jonathan Fairfield

• Replies 598
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Accusations, accusations, and more accusations. Sounds like MeToo.

How about some evidence?

Post a couple of picture of her and let's look how many people will come forward with information about what she did in Thailand.

And then please publish whatever people all this. Because accusations is all we need, it seems nobody cares about facts and evidence anymore.

Hmmmmhhh have you given any thought to the fact that there is an obvious and strong motivation for the Thai authorities to suppress the story while there isn't any that I could see for this girl to make up a story of that kind.

I reckon we should thank he to show us how dangerously corrupt this place can be. 

8 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Do you also happen to believe that women who wear bikinis at the beach bear some responsibility if they're attacked? You sound a lot like someone else who thinks that way.

No, I don't, obviously, but neither do I believe that a woman who claims to have been raped (on a beach during a high tide) but refuses police interviews even in the safety of her own country and assisted by the Foreign and Commonwealth Office, retains any credibility. 

If it turns out that I'm wrong and she has a justified case I'll happily apologise to her here.  Perhaps you'd like to remind me of that in the unlikely event of it needing to be done?

3 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

No, I don't, obviously, but neither do I believe that a woman who claims to have been raped (on a beach during a high tide) but refuses police interviews even in the safety of her own country and assisted by the Foreign and Commonwealth Office, retains any credibility. 

If it turns out that I'm wrong and she has a justified case I'll happily apologise to her here.  Perhaps you'd like to remind me of that in the unlikely event of it needing to be done?

Please source where she has refused police interviews in the safety of her own country.

5 minutes ago, KiChakayan said:

Hmmmmhhh have you given any thought to the fact that there is an obvious and strong motivation for the Thai authorities to suppress the story while there isn't any that I could see for this girl to make up a story of that kind.

I reckon we should thank he to show us how dangerously corrupt this place can be. 

If the 2 SEP 2014 gruesome murders did not put the kibosh on Koh Tao tourism I don't know why the Thai authorities should be so worked up about suppressing this story.

4 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

There's three basic possibilities:

1. it happened, but the police aren't interested in getting the truth.

2. it happened, but there's not enough evidence to prove it despite best efforts.

3. it didn't happen and the young woman's lying.

Given this is Thailand, the likelihood of ever getting a clear, dependable resolution among those options is probably pretty close to nill.

7 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

The fact the Joke man offered it during a local news conference and it was reported by a Phuket newspaper doesn't necessarily mean that word of that offer ever has been communicated to the alleged victim or her family in the UK.

Although, since the alleged victim did file a police report on the other issues, presumably the police would have some way to contact her if they really wanted to try. I'm not sure I've ever heard of them actually trying.

A "local news conference" is a news conference and it was open to journalists from any counties, where would you expect the RTP to hold a press conference?   It was reported in the Bangkok Post before the Phuket paper picked it up.

Do you really think that the girl, her family, The Met, The Sun and The Times are not reading the press about the "case"?  There is zero reason for her to be unaware of the interview offer. 

"...presumably the police would have some way to contact her if they really wanted to try".

Why should the RTP have UK contact details for her and why should they in particular be the one's doing the contacting, it's the girl who has made the allegations, isn't it?  Why has she not contacted them if she really had a case?

23 minutes ago, JLCrab said:

Pol Maj Gen Surachate Hakparn, deputy tourist police chief, told a Thai News Agency in Bangkok today (Aug 30)  "We’re even willing to take her statements in the UK if she doesn’t feel safe here.”

as reported AUG 30 in BP then reprinted Phuket News

Do they have jurisdiction in the UK?

They wouldn't even take a report on the island right next to them <deleted>

Would 'Big Joke' even get a visa for the UK?

Normal hogwash from the Thai keystone cops

9 minutes ago, rkidlad said:

Please source where she has refused police interviews in the safety of her own country.

Has she been interviewed by the RTP in London to officially report her allegation and facilitate an investigation?  No, she hasn't.  If she had do you really think that it wouldn't have been reported?  Gawd...

1 minute ago, Just Weird said:

A "local news conference" is a news conference and it was open to journalists from any counties, where would you expect the RTP to hold a press conference?   It was reported in the Bangkok Post before the Phuket paper picked it up.

Do you really think that the girl, her family, The Met, The Sun and The Times are not reading the press about the "case"?  There is zero reason for her to be unaware of the interview offer. 

"...presumably the police would have some way to contact her if they really wanted to try".

Why should the RTP have UK contact details for her and why should they in particular be the one's doing the contacting, it's the girl who has made the allegations, isn't it?  Why has she not contacted them if she really had a case?

Why should the RTP have UK contact details

because she reported her phone and money being stolen to the police..so they would have her details..keep up

1 minute ago, Just Weird said:

Typically, an allegation of rape is a very sensitive matter, and it's the professionals in these cases who are obliged to be; well, professional. Not the alleged victim of an extremely traumatising experience. 

Key word there being 'professional'. 

Has she been interviewed by the RTP in London to officially report her allegation and facilitate an investigation?  No, she hasn't.  If she had do you really think that it wouldn't have been reported?  Gawd...

You said she 'refused'. Where is the source? You're not even conjecturing or misleading. Just flat out lying. 

Has she been interviewed by the RTP in London to officially report her allegation and facilitate an investigation?

they can't enter a foreign country and interrogate a national of that country 

and you know it

your statements are false

which puts a question mark on anything you say

31 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

So what if the Bangkok Post didn't report what the RTP had offered in order to make things easier for the girl?  It doesn't mean the offer wasn't made.

Edit: Seems that the Bangkok Post (that can be named here) did report it, post 46. 

27 minutes ago, shillhater said:

keep up son..crab and myself have already spoke about it.

I wonder why you didn't include the rest of my comment where I acknowledged that JLCrab had posted the link again?

11 minutes ago, jimmynewbie said:

Edifying. Thank you.

19 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

There's three basic possibilities:

1. it happened, but the police aren't interested in getting the truth.

2. it happened, but there's not enough evidence to prove it despite best efforts.

3. it didn't happen and the young woman's lying.

Given this is Thailand, the likelihood of ever getting a clear, dependable resolution among those options is probably pretty close to nill.

And it seems that the girl in question is only adding to that likelihood by her own lack of co-operation and credibility!

2 hours ago, BritManToo said:

By the way, what did she claim to be doing on that beach, alone in the early hours of the morning?

Quick recap in case you missed it, she alleges she was drugged and only recalls waking up on the beach naked from the waist down and with some 'smiling' local guy nearby.

Another quick recap in case you missed it, most victims of 'roofies', both male and female tend only to remember things that happened after they wake up.

2 hours ago, Just Weird said:

No more disgraceful than the girl who will not submit to an interview with the authorities that she is complaining about, even in London, and talking to them is the only way that this will be resolved.

Have any of the Thai authorities offered the rape claimant this London 'interview' that you speak of?

14 minutes ago, jimmynewbie said:

They do not need jurisdiction in the UK, they would only be taking an alleged victim's statement.  They would not be making an investigation into a UK crime!

A report about a rape was, allegedly, not made.

Of course a RTP officer on official business would get a visa!

You're right to talk about hogwash, though.

20 minutes ago, shillhater said:

because she reported her phone and money being stolen to the police..so they would have her details..keep up

No, she didn't, she reported her belongings lost, not stolen.  Keep up.

They would have Thai contact details, not likely that they would take UK contact details for a lost phone!

19 minutes ago, AGareth2 said:

they can't enter a foreign country and interrogate a national of that country 

and you know it

your statements are false

which puts a question mark on anything you say

Yes, they can.  With permission to enter the country to interview her, of course they can!  There's nothing false about my statements.

2 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Fact is she stayed together with 4 guys (not including her boyfriend).

Fact is backpackers and gap year kids on limited budgets tend to do this a lot.

Fact it she got totally drunk.

Backpackers and gap year kids on limited budgets tend to do this a lot as well.

Fact is they don't tend to get drugged and <deleted> with though.

Fact is on the next day she went to another island to party with her boyfriend.

That's according to the owner of the KT hostel where she was staying at the time of the claimed assault.

Fact is she cut the whole vacation short and went back to England.

28 minutes ago, shillhater said:

That was my presumption as posted above. She DID file a police report on the other issues. The Thai police have confirmed that. So presumably, when they took that report, they got all her personal info and details, including contact info. That would be a reasonable presumption even here, I'd hope!!!

The Thai authorities know exactly who she is, and probably where she is, at least generally, in the UK. If they wanted to contact her or her family, it probably would be little more complicated than picking up the phone and dialing, or as another approach, have her or her family contacted by the Thai Embassy staff in the UK on behalf of the Thai police.

Neither of those things have ever been reported as having been attempted or occurring, AFAIK.

5 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

Yes, they can.  With permission to enter the country to interview her, of course they can!  There's nothing false about my statements.

your original statement was they had jurisdiction

now your talking about permission

from whom may I ask

No, she didn't, she reported her belongings lost, not stolen.  Keep up.

They would have Thai contact details, not likely that they would take UK contact details for a lost phone!

She tried reporting the rape at Koh Phangan and the RTP wouldn't accept it.

You seem absolutely convinced she is lying when there isn't any evidence either way.

You're convinced she got incredibly drunk, had sex consensually  with someone then passed out.

I'm not convinced one way or the other.

There aren't enough facts to convince anyone  one way or the other, so I resent people who claim to know "the truth."

It is entirely plausible that she is scared of the Thai judicial system. 

They're already arresting anyone who reported an "alleged" rape. 

Reporting that someone made a rape allegation isn't fake news. She made a rape allegation.

12 minutes ago, AGareth2 said:

your original statement was they had jurisdiction

now your talking about permission

from whom may I ask

No, I did not say that RTP had any jurisdiction in the UK.  Quote it, if you can find it!  You won't be able to.

From whom?  The UK authorities, Home Office, police, who do you think would have to give permission?

Archived