New Hosting Read more... ×
BANGKOK 21 January 2019 00:01
CharlieH

CM Immigration Q&A (2018)

“Have any of you people ever wonderewhat on earth CM Immigration does with all these important copies?  They must be important or why else do these people want them.”

I think the paper stored by the Thai Government will be made into paper shopping bags once all plastic bags are banned.  

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, CMNightRider said:

I see a lot of comments about where to go to get copies made to turn into immigration.  Have any of you people ever wondered what on earth CM Immigration does with all these important copies?  They must be important or why else do these people want them...  Are they trying to eradicate trees, lol.  Immigration would have to have several warehouses just to store the countless paper copies they collect yearly.

That is a funny thought, have wondered about that myself. My guess is that they keep them for set periods and support a recycling business on the side. Would be very surprised if plastic bags are banned, even though nearly every evening you can smell the poisonous fumes of burning plastic in our neighborhood and the sea life is choking. I try to turn down a bag when I don't need one, but usually everything is bagged once and then again needlessly. 

Edited by cusanus
  • Like 1

On 1/13/2019 at 12:09 PM, sqwakvfr said:

“Have any of you people ever wonderewhat on earth CM Immigration does with all these important copies?  They must be important or why else do these people want them.”

I think the paper stored by the Thai Government will be made into paper shopping bags once all plastic bags are banned.  

They use some of it as scrap paper for making notes etc.  There have been numerous  reports on TV of people receiving a note(s) from the IO with the passport and/or other personal details of another person on the reverse.  Data protection laws are unheard of at IM, or anywhere else in Thailand for that matter.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Is the TM 30 registration needed to extend a tourist visa (30 days extention) at Chiang Mai Immigration?

Thanks.

5 hours ago, yuiop said:

Is the TM 30 registration needed to extend a tourist visa (30 days extention) at Chiang Mai Immigration?

Thanks.

I think the best answer we can give is... probably. 

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, briley said:

Big improvement.

Retirement extension and re-entry done today, took 2 hours Condo to Condo.

Get your papers together and go to the information desk to get a queue number.

Waited a few minutes to go to be called to the desk and all the papers checked. Couple of things needed to be copied that I had missed and the officer photocopied them for me.

2 minute wait to get passports back (including my wife's)

Back to information to get re-entry queue number after crossing the road to photocopy my new extension stamp in the LPG gas station - 2 Baht each copy.

My number was next, all completed quickly and stamped in our passports and off we went.

What papers?

Application form - include room number, condo name and mobile number
If you do it by 800,000 Baht in the bank:

Bank letter and copy of bank book cover page and the amount page. Also take the original book with you
Passport -
    photo page,
    Non-O visa or the visa transfer stamp if a new passport,
    Latest entry stamp,
    Latest tm7,
    All extensions of stay that are in your passport

TM30 the long thin strip from upstairs at immigration. If you have the hotel or Condo printout you have to go upstairs and get the 'correct' form.
Copy of 90 day report (if needed)

Wife:
    Same but not bank book, instead marriage certificate signed by both

Re-Entry stamp

Application form, include phone number.
Passport
    Photo page,
    last entry
    latest TM7,
    latest extension of stay plus current one if renewing befor your current one expires.

"Re-Entry stamp

Application form, include phone number.
Passport
    Photo page,
    last entry
    latest TM7,
    latest extension of stay plus current one if renewing befor your current one expires."

Don't understand why you needed the TM7, did you mean TM8?

And no TM30 required?

Yes TM8 is the correct form,  not  TM7

But I meant the TM6 entry form obtained at the airport or where ever.

TM30 was not required.

No TM30!! (Copy of the receipt, of course.)  Now, that's news! However, I would definitely NOT recommend going to Thai Immigration in Chiang Mai without a copy of it, a copy of the TM30 receipt in your passport, not just the original.

One can hope that paperwork requirements might be simplified in the future, but play it safe on this one!

Edited by Mapguy
ANother note:

6 minutes ago, Mapguy said:

No TM30!! (Copy of the receipt, of course.)  Now, that's news! However, I would definitely NOT recommend going to Thai Immigration in Chiang Mai without a copy of it, a copy of the TM30 receipt in your passport, not just the original. One can hope that paperwork requirements might be simplified in the future, but play it safe on this one!

Dang, the Earth is flat after all. I think you had it right the first time. The TM7 is the application for extension REQUIRED for a retirement extension.  It also looks like you just lucked out not getting turned down for the lack of a TM30 stub. That is required and to be stapled in your passport. I suggest you go to the right office for that, pay you 1600 baht fine and get the TM30 receipt stapled in your passport. The TM8 is the form for a re-entry permit. 

Another thought based upon the report above by briley:  To quote him:

Bank letter and copy of bank book cover page and the amount page.

If you are using the 800k deposit method, then be sure to include all pages necessary to reflect the continuity of the 800k on deposit.  With a fixed deposit, this is usually very simple.  If other day-to-day accounts are used, like a common updated passbook savings account, you probably would be asked for copies of all pages covering the required period.

1 minute ago, Mapguy said:

If you are using the 800k deposit method, then be sure to include all pages necessary to reflect the continuity of the 800k on deposit.  With a fixed deposit, this is usually very simple.  If other day-to-day accounts are used, like a common updated passbook savings account, you probably would be asked for copies of all pages covering the required period.

I'd forgotten that thinking I needed it that very day and the banks weren't open yet, but they were kind enough to simply scan the required pages right at the desk where I got the retirement extension. Probably better if you get the copies done yourself, but apparently they'll accommodate you anyway. 

16 hours ago, Mapguy said:

I have a question.

Suppose after the retirement visa has expired and we go out of Thailand for around 6 months and want to come back in for another year of retirement visa.

Can we still use back the same OA visa and just apply for extension in Thailand or must we apply for a new OA visa first outside of Thailand?

Edited by EricTh