CM Immigration Q&A (2018)

CharlieH

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
47 minutes ago, cnxgary said:

What is the mailing address for 90 day reports? The last address I had was building 3 but with the new building has the address changed?

I don't remember it being building 3 as that was investigations and maybe TM 30.

Notify 90 Days
Chiangmai Immigration
71 Moo 3  Sanambin Road
T. Suthep A. Muang
Chiang Mai

************ Thai version of the above address **************

Notify 90 Days
ตรวจคนเข้าเมืองจังหวัดเชียงใหม่
71 (ถนนสนามบิน) หมู่ที่ 3 ตำบลสุเทพ อำเภอเมือง
จังหวัดเชียงใหม่ 50200

On 9/24/2018 at 9:35 AM, Vacuum said:

Don't have it. Would the "Receipt of Notification" that they stapled in my passport do?

yes....if it is up to date and you still live at the address of that notification

2 hours ago, Thailand said:

I don't remember it being building 3 as that was investigations and maybe TM 30.

Notify 90 Days
Chiangmai Immigration
71 Moo 3  Sanambin Road
T. Suthep A. Muang
Chiang Mai

************ Thai version of the above address **************

Notify 90 Days
ตรวจคนเข้าเมืองจังหวัดเชียงใหม่
71 (ถนนสนามบิน) หมู่ที่ 3 ตำบลสุเทพ อำเภอเมือง
จังหวัดเชียงใหม่ 50200

The above is the address is what I have used for over a decade. In fact when they return the receipt their envelope comes with this address rubber stamped on the envelope.

57 minutes ago, hyku1147 said:

Regarding TM30. The receipt sent to the landlord (FNHOTELFORM30) will be accepted* by CM Immigration.

*The confirmation source is an established visa agent.

Thanks, I understand that the landlord is supposed to file and can do so electronically. I also understand some landlords simply don't do it.

So who sends this receipt and what is my role as tenant in all this? How am I supposed to know this has taken place?

What action do I take?

8 minutes ago, YogaVeg said:

Thanks, I understand that the landlord is supposed to file and can do so electronically. I also understand some landlords simply don't do it.

So who sends this receipt and what is my role as tenant in all this? How am I supposed to know this has taken place?

What action do I take?

You could ask your landlord if he/she has filed perhaps?

Anyway, only 1600 baht fine.

27 minutes ago, hyku1147 said:

Ask him for the receipt - and go from there.

Good luck.

Thank you.

I assume then I take the receipt with me to IMM.

If he can't/won't provide, is a simple solution to get a hotel for a couple nights that will agree in advance to this?

Sounds better to me than the post "it's only a 1600 baht fine"!

I just stayed at a hotel 3 nights that never looked at my passport, so I'm pretty certain they didn't file...

Not only is it "just a 1600 baht fine", but you have to correct the problem, i.e. get your landlord to file a TM30 for you before you can apply for an extension.  You can't just simply pay the fine to have Imm. overlook the lack of a TM 30 being on file for you.

50 minutes ago, NancyL said:

Not only is it "just a 1600 baht fine", but you have to correct the problem, i.e. get your landlord to file a TM30 for you before you can apply for an extension.  You can't just simply pay the fine to have Imm. overlook the lack of a TM 30 being on file for you.

And this kind of info is precisely why current info on the TM30 is both quite relevant to this particular thread, and important to understand for all applicants.

Who in the world wants to pay fines and make multiple trips to make an extension happen? It is quite apparent who is being helpful in this thread and who isn't.

Thank you very much to all of you who take a moment of time to help the rest of us out ????

1 hour ago, YogaVeg said:

Serious? Only 1600 on top of the 1900 for something that isn't my fault?

No thanks!

I see you picked out part of my reply, have you actually asked your landlord?

The liability for the fine falls on the housemaster or the person responsible for filing the TM30, not you.

1 hour ago, Thailand said:

The liability for the fine falls on the housemaster or the person responsible for filing the TM30, not you.

Right and wrong.

If the householder or the person responsible for completing a TM.30 form refuses to pay the fine, when an applicant visits immigration to complete a 90 day report or a yearly extension, immigration will not proceed until the 1600 baht fine has been paid, because immigration couldn`t give a monkey`s who pays. The same applies if the person responsible for a TM.30 form refuses to complete the form.

Immigration will not chase up the person responsible, it`s up to the person dealing with immigration to sort it out.

If anyone living at Chiang Dao or further north needs to do a 90 day in person I would recommend driving out to FANG. I was there today, 4 officials, no other customers and a 5 minute process. On Wednesdays they are full with Burmese/Shan but even then they will squeeze a westerner in around them. Its a joy dealing with them. If only they could do visa extensions. 

3 hours ago, NancyL said:

Is that true for tourist visa extension ?

4 hours ago, YogaVeg said:

What action do I take?

It's a grey area. If you are in a condo, go to the front desk and ask them for the TM30 form. Fill in your details, sign it, and give it back. I think they are then legally obliged to file it with Immigration.

I found out last year my landlord had not done a TM30 for me for the previous seven years. I think it caused some problems on my last visa extension.

I can't remember how the Receipt of Notification appeared in my passport. Possibly when my visa agent did the next 90 day report for me.

You don't usually need to do a TM30 for your principal place of residence when you are moving around Thailand, only when you come back into Thailand.

17 hours ago, YogaVeg said:

What action do I take?

My landlord files them electronically. For 90 day reports and extensions, they provide me with a screenshot of their report, I provide that to Immigration and then they can look up and verify that in their system.

On 9/26/2018 at 3:36 PM, bubba said:

sorry, I didn't know about that.

OK, how about a 70 year old?

It is 70+ unless, of course, "today's new rule" has changed it to 75 ???.  I have used it a couple of times at Prom and it worked well and also at Swamie for passport control.  However, I am not sure if it has been installed at the new place but no doubt somebody will report.  There is a Priority Lane form to download from the Ex-pat Club website here https://www.chiangmaiexpatsclub.com/priority-lane-application-immigration-chiang-mai/

25 minutes ago, rohitsuk said:

It is 70+ unless, of course, "today's new rule" has changed it to 75 ???.  I have used it a couple of times at Prom and it worked well and also at Swamie for passport control.  However, I am not sure if it has been installed at the new place but no doubt somebody will report.  There is a Priority Lane form to download from the Ex-pat Club website here https://www.chiangmaiexpatsclub.com/priority-lane-application-immigration-chiang-mai/

It is 75+,there were too many over 70's so it was changed.

2 hours ago, bubba said:

My landlord files them electronically. For 90 day reports and extensions, they provide me with a screenshot of their report, I provide that to Immigration and then they can look up and verify that in their system.

Only required if doing 90 days in person. Not required doing online or by mail.

1 hour ago, davehowden said:

With a Priority Lane Form what is/ was the process for using it for an annual extension.

Like role up at 10:00 am, show it and go straight to the front of the queue.

I used the "Priority lane" for the first time last January as I have posted before.Its hardly a lane no one knew where I was to go and scratched around until they found a form which was just basic details.

I arrived at 9.30am and was processed by about 11.30am by a girl ,not in uniform ,in the TM 30 room .My passport and paperwork sat on her desk for a long while before she reluctantly got round to looking at it and asking for more photocopies of every page in my passport going back 7 years.

Of course that has no bearing on the new location and method.  

The form can be downloaded on the CM Expats Group web site,cant guarantee thats current

I couldnt find it on the CM Imm web page today or maybe make a visit and pick one up. They might have sorted out the current procedure,That I am afraid I cant answer.

Phoning them might result in some info 053 201755

If you could provide an update would be much appreciated

I have used the priority lane since it started and last in late June.

Arrived at a reasonable hour (about 09:00 - 09:30, I recall), my wife and Iwent to the queue processing desk with the request form (the form on the CEC site is fine), waited a nominal amount of time for initial processing, and was all finished within two hours, the biggest delay being wait time, especially for the supervisor's signature.  Could have been quicker but she was off to a meeting for a while.

HOWEVER, the new officer-in-charge had a new policy:  No dependents (in my case, wife not sufficiently ancient as I) would be processed concurrently, an early practice that had been routine.  We were given a choice:  go through the normal queue together, if numbers available, or do it separately, sponsor first.  Reason:  "Too many dependents to process" was provided by the new OIC.

Going through the queue separately (We decided I would test out the priority line; then return the next day with my wife for her turn) required returning to our bank for a second original bank letter and dupicate copies of all the necessary financial support information, my actual passport, and the normal marriage documentation.

Obviously this was not efficient, and I took the time to talk to the assistant senior officer (who was on "floor duty") to describe the inconvenience and the inefficiency of the new policy, especially since (practically speaking for them) it only normally takes about an additional ten minutes to process husband and wife together.  And, in cases when the dependent spouse is also a necessary caregiver for the qualified 75-year-old, it demands that the unqualified spouse basically makes two trips through the process, perhaps even on different days.  I also pointed out that we happened to live within easy distance of both Immigration (Promenada) and our bank.  That would not be the case for many, I should think, and a potentially very heavy inconvenience --- especially since no prior notice of processing changes was given (not that that is unusual!)

My observation and explanation was fully accepted, but I wasn't speaking to the boss.  There may have since been a change made since to process families (parents and children) separately.  I recall separate "family processing" alluded to obliquely in the earlier general thread, and I dimly recall a past post by someone since our June visits to Immigration (Promenada) that indicated that the financial paperwork did not have to be duplicated since the sponsor's new extension in his/her passport indicated that all was acceptable.

The very experienced senior sergeant who has processed retirement visas for years was clearly annoyed when going through the processing which took no longer than it ordinarily does, about 15 minutes at the most when both done together, a couple of extra minutes for the dependent.

Jai yen yen!

On 9/27/2018 at 6:45 PM, Thailand said:

Apologies, it's hard to keep track of who said what, I do appreciate your advice.

I'll be in a different accomodation the day I file, so haven't got to that point yet.

I just had a thought, those renters who wish to attract foreign money could advertise "hassle-free TM30 filing" on their listings to appease the nervous folks like myself!

On 9/28/2018 at 12:16 PM, Thailand said:

It is 75+,there were too many over 70's so it was changed.

Thanks for the update.

I was considering returning to DIY which I did for many years, if I could use the Priority Lane but if it is 75 then I guess I will be using the agent for another three years.  Ah well, it certaiunly dooes not get any easier and when I recall how simple it all was ten years ago I could weep.  What price progress ?

29 minutes ago, stephenterry said:

Could someone tell me where I go in the new building to have my new passport updated with the info from my old passport. Much appreciated, in advance.

If nothing else there is an information desk right in front as you enter the new building.

21 hours ago, stephenterry said:

Could someone tell me where I go in the new building to have my new passport updated with the info from my old passport. Much appreciated, in advance.

Go up the stairs of the main entrance, there is a desk there for screening and has various forms available, mention to whoever is screening, you would like a queue number for the transfer of passport stamps and show both passports, you should get a number with "J" prefix. To your left, at the very end of the service desk, there is an area to sit down, also in that area at the end of the desk, ask for the stamp transfer form, which didn't seem readily available in various baskets containing other forms. Fill it in, go inside, wait for your number to appear on the screen, as well as being called. Counter 11 was doing the transfers when I did mine Friday.

Archived