CM Immigration Q&A (2018)

CharlieH

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chiang Mai Immigration offers a 'List of documents to attch in case of Thai wife'. No 3; marriage certificate (Kor Sor 3) and registration of marriage (Kor Sor 2). This reg of marriage is to be obtained from the town hall, Chiang Mai, out on the Mae Rim road after the golf course. I got what I thought was this registration 2 years ago and it has been acceptable until today. Today I left my home at 8am, got my bank letter and update of account at Mae Ai bank by 9am and arrived at the airport immigration at 1pm. I was told to queue at the outside desk, wasted 20 mins, and was then told 'not here' go to counter 9. The instant response was 'come back tomorrow', but wife pleaded that coming 200kms this was the best we could do and it looked like they would manage it (no other marrieds waiting). But our marriage registration was no good. "You need the Kor Sor 2". So we went out to the town hall, wife showed the immigration's list, explained what we needed. After 1 hour they supplied a document, the exact same the one we had. So we went back in and wife explained all over again. This time we got something different but who knows if its right because we were too late to go back to immigration. I dont understand how the only office in C Mai that can issue this document can not know whats required by immigration but thats what happened . Beware. Wife phoned the imm official and now we go back tomorrow at 3pm. Thats 2 nights in C Mai to get a 1 year extension. We hope.

On 10/2/2018 at 2:26 PM, Pesky said:

Could someone please advise me of procedure (not the actual Form Completion) for filing a TM30 at the new office? I will need to do this next Monday.

Thanks in advance.

You mean updating after arriving back in country? If so take a look at post 68.

3 hours ago, Lungstib said:

Chiang Mai Immigration offers a 'List of documents to attch in case of Thai wife'. No 3; marriage certificate (Kor Sor 3) and registration of marriage (Kor Sor 2). This reg of marriage is to be obtained from the town hall, Chiang Mai, out on the Mae Rim road after the golf course. I got what I thought was this registration 2 years ago and it has been acceptable until today. Today I left my home at 8am, got my bank letter and update of account at Mae Ai bank by 9am and arrived at the airport immigration at 1pm. I was told to queue at the outside desk, wasted 20 mins, and was then told 'not here' go to counter 9. The instant response was 'come back tomorrow', but wife pleaded that coming 200kms this was the best we could do and it looked like they would manage it (no other marrieds waiting). But our marriage registration was no good. "You need the Kor Sor 2". So we went out to the town hall, wife showed the immigration's list, explained what we needed. After 1 hour they supplied a document, the exact same the one we had. So we went back in and wife explained all over again. This time we got something different but who knows if its right because we were too late to go back to immigration. I dont understand how the only office in C Mai that can issue this document can not know whats required by immigration but thats what happened . Beware. Wife phoned the imm official and now we go back tomorrow at 3pm. Thats 2 nights in C Mai to get a 1 year extension. We hope.

I had my first visit to the new (old) immigration today to do a 30 day extension for a tourist visa - TM 7.  I arrived at 11.45 knowing they closed at 12 for lunch, my plan was to get a number then go to airport plaza for lunch and come back at 1pm.  The students at the info desk just to the left and outside the main door checked the docs, took my money and gave me a queue number and told me to come back after 1.

I arrived back about 1.15pm, 2 numbers to go before my queue, and was out by 1.30.  Same old faces, and pretty easy to navigate with the clear screens and loud speaker calling the numbers and indicating which desk to go to.

Overall it gets the thumbs up for tourist visa extension.  It was worrying to see many people crowded outside filling in forms, and not enough seats inside.  Obviously no plan for future growth, or even to make current demand comfortable!

90 day report.

I sent my 90 day report in by registered mail last Monday at 3pm .Received receipt back today.

A 4-5 day turn around is the norm Ive nearly always enjoyed ,the move obviously hasnt made any difference,well for me anyway.

Total cost 31 baht (3 baht ordinary mail back)

2 minutes ago, Sparkles said:

90 day report.

I sent my 90 day report in by registered mail last Monday at 3pm .Received receipt back today.

A 4-5 day turn around is the norm Ive nearly always enjoyed ,the move obviously hasnt made any difference,well for me anyway.

Total cost 31 baht (3 baht ordinary mail back)

Friend sent her grandsons report on 17th Sept received at immigration on 18th Sept, copy of receiving signature retained.

Telephoned yesterday and they said they had not received it!

She has to go in on Monday to re report.This is the same lady who had to wait 8 days to get her passport back after applying for non o 90 day visa!

I do mine online, wife by mail 21 baht inclusive,never had a problem.

On 10/1/2018 at 1:05 PM, Mahseer said:

If nothing else there is an information desk right in front as you enter the new building.

'Information desk' are not that useful due to communication problem and they only know the most common info.

5 hours ago, Thailand said:

Friend sent her grandsons report on 17th Sept received at immigration on 18th Sept, copy of receiving signature retained.

She has to go in on Monday to re report.This is the same lady who had to wait 8 days to get her passport back after applying for non o 90 day visa!

She returned home this afternoon and the receipt of notification was in her letter box!

Guess the move caused the delay.

Did my 90-day report by mail, sent on 09/24.  Waited for a while...apparently the move is causing delays in certain processes like the 90-day notification.  Luckily the notification arrived today 10/6 and noticed the process date was 10/2.

Shucks, I wanted to go to Immigration to scope out the new setup, but I guess I will have to wait until next year when I do my extension.

TM 30 Update

I arrived at 8 50 this morning Monday

To up date my TM30

No where to park i had to park on the other side of the road It cost 10 Baht

I had to ask the Residence certificate lady where i had to go to do the update

She said to go to counter 1

I did this and then was finally given No 24

I asked how long after returning to Chiang Mai from Overseas

Her reply was 1 day

At counter 2 it looked like they were doing the 90 day reporting

There was no change at this new building

Still disorganised after 2 weeks

It looked bedlam at the front

I did notice a sign at the front i enclose the photo

Inside i saw a booking screen which was not working

We can only hope for improvements

IMG20181008095010.jpg

17 minutes ago, Lizard2010 said:

TM 30 Update

I arrived at 8 50 this morning Monday

To up date my TM30

No where to park i had to park on the other side of the road It cost 10 Baht

I had to ask the Residence certificate lady where i had to go to do the update

She said to go to counter 1

I did this and then was finally given No 24

I asked how long after returning to Chiang Mai from Overseas

Her reply was 1 day

At counter 2 it looked like they were doing the 90 day reporting

There was no change at this new building

Still disorganised after 2 weeks

It looked bedlam at the front

I did notice a sign at the front i enclose the photo

Inside i saw a booking screen which was not working

We can only hope for improvements

IMG20181008095010.jpg

I arrived to do TM30 at 10.45 this morning - approx 15 people in the queue at Desk 1. After 25mins I reached the desk only to be told to come back at 1pm. Hopefully this small task (even though I have Yellow Book), will be completed later this afternoon.

The place was ram jammed full, & I parked my car across the road for 20bht, which I consider reasonable for the convenience, although I should have parked at Airport Plaza for free, bearing in mind I'm now sat here typing this!!!

Happy Queue? 

Something going to happen perhaps?

From Their website -Translated from Thai:

Queue management system Happy Queue is a diverse queue system. And easy to use. Can adapt to the organization. Your very well. Because we understand the difference. And your needs Just a few steps you can use it. Ideal for queues, hospitals, queues, restaurants, queues, government agencies, and other queues, comes with an appointment system.

2500 person per day in one place can use Happy Queue. :clap2:

49000+Happy Clients
5Years in Business
1Years of Testing
3Sponsors

All queuing problems about to be resolved!

Maybe.

2 hours ago, Pesky said:

I arrived to do TM30 at 10.45 this morning - approx 15 people in the queue at Desk 1. After 25mins I reached the desk only to be told to come back at 1pm. Hopefully this small task (even though I have Yellow Book), will be completed later this afternoon.

The place was ram jammed full, & I parked my car across the road for 20bht, which I consider reasonable for the convenience, although I should have parked at Airport Plaza for free, bearing in mind I'm now sat here typing this!!!

How is the line/queue for MArriage renewals?

Looking at the process of the queue 'system', I have a feeling that all it is aimed at is people arriving at Imm. scanning a daily QR code to get a number - in effect replacing the ticket machine, or person.

If it was aimed at booking in advance, step 3 would be select date/time and relevant queue......

Chiangmai buddy is a visa assist company and they will organize a queue appointment for a nominal fee......all you need is to have your paperwork up to date and they will make the appointment time .....then just turn up.........no need to suffer this waiting 8n line all night fiasco.....

1 hour ago, NotEinstein said:

Looking at the process of the queue 'system', I have a feeling that all it is aimed at is people arriving at Imm. scanning a daily QR code to get a number - in effect replacing the ticket machine, or person.

If it was aimed at booking in advance, step 3 would be select date/time and relevant queue......

Don"t think that is the case. The 3 steps are for people to sign up to be able to access the online appointment system but is in no way ready. I also contacted them by email  for more info but no response as yet.

I followed the process and signed up then tried to scan the code but was rejected on a couple of different apps. I do have access to the site though and my own profile. (Update -Tried WeChat and managed to scan and it simply gave me a code to be used when booking I guess)

HappyQueue is already linked to Chiangmai Immigration but the system does not appear to be very close to operational. It is an attempt to try to create an online booking system but I foresee many problems let alone abuse of the system if/when it actually comes online.

32 minutes ago, Thailand said:

Don"t think that is the case. The 3 steps are for people to sign up to be able to access the online appointment system but is in no way ready. I also contacted them by email  for more info but no response as yet.

I followed the process and signed up then tried to scan the code but was rejected on a couple of different apps. I do have access to the site though and my own profile.

HappyQueue is already linked to Chiangmai Immigration but the system does not appear to be very close to operational. It is an attempt to try to create an online booking system but I foresee many problems let alone abuse of the system if/when it actually comes online.

OK

The booking system once you have signed up. and selected your service provider, in this case Chiangmai Immigration. ( There are a couple of hospitals as well)

1)

onlineTicket.jpg
Online ticket service

You can use the online ticket of service providers you have already subscribed to. And you will only be able to use it once your service provider has activated this service. If you have any questions, please contact your service provider.

Start Booking 

2)

Service providers

•  

image.png.64879aa616d190b05d6f4c2881765b6f.png
Chiangmai Immigration 

Thai Immigration Bureau is the gateway of Thailand with a mission to inspect travelers, passengers, and vehicles that travel into or out of the country including to provide immigration services for any foreign nationals residing in the kingdom and to be th

3)

Select services

•  
  •  
  •  

Sorry, the service provider is not open this service yet.
----------------------------------------

So as expected not ready for use yet but it does look like a genuine effort to actually do something positive.

On 10/6/2018 at 2:39 PM, Thailand said:

Does the online system still only work with the old Internet Explorer and is it still difficult to negotiate or has it been updated ?  Your latest experience appreciated.

3 minutes ago, rohitsuk said:

Does the online system still only work with the old Internet Explorer and is it still difficult to negotiate or has it been updated ?  Your latest experience appreciated.

I still have access to IE which I use without any problems but others have said they are able to use other providers. Successful 6 times out of 7 and the odd one was probably my error.

HappyQueue - I used it yesterday at Immigration. It gives you an update on the expected/estimated "processing time" via scanning the QR Code on the ticket you have already queued for & obtained. At least you then have an idea of how long it will be before you get to the desk of relevant officer.

23 minutes ago, Pesky said:

HappyQueue - I used it yesterday at Immigration. It gives you an update on the expected/estimated "processing time" via scanning the QR Code on the ticket you have already queued for & obtained. At least you then have an idea of how long it will be before you get to the desk of relevant officer.

If that is the only service it provides it seems to be a waste of effort.

It does appear howeverthat there may well be an online booking service to come based on playing around in their website as I mentioned earlier.

33 minutes ago, Pesky said:

I find that to be of great value. Knowing where I am in the queue allows me to go eat lunch in peace or enjoy the video I'm watching without waiting on edge every minute for an undetermined amount of time 

5 hours ago, namatjira said:

Chiangmai buddy is a visa assist company and they will organize a queue appointment for a nominal fee......all you need is to have your paperwork up to date and they will make the appointment time .....then just turn up.........no need to suffer this waiting 8n line all night fiasco.....

Chiangmai buddy? I think these are run by foreigners because I have seen them and not Thai people.

I don't think they have proper work permit to do this.

5 hours ago, Hugh Jarse said:

Good question, How does one contact a line/queue sitter?

There are many visa companies sprawled all around the city. They will provide you with a line sitter.

There is one on Huay Kaew road inside one of the condos between KSK and Maya.

Archived