CM Immigration Q&A (2018)

CharlieH

How many people go through CNX per day and make out a TM6. If they changed flights in Bangkok first, they had to do the TM6 there. What are the odds of them following up on your visitors location and TM30?  We can't advise how to violate the law on here; but I do know that my recent visitors also "accidentally" made mistakes in the address on their TM6. 

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 hours ago, Sparkles said:

Thanks for the reply but the foreigner, me, is not involved its the housemasters (wife's) responsibility isn't it ? and they cop the fine. The stub surely doesn't go in my passport the only one there is mine last time I went out of the country which is checked when I do 90 day reports and extension

Seems like you are somewhat confused and making a very big deal out of very little. It's the housekeeper's responsibility YES, but it is YOU (not you in this case but the visitor) who pays the 1600 baht fine. You could argue the point all you want, but it won't get you anywhere unless the householder says ok I'll pay which has never happened as far as I know. The TM30 stub is supposed to be stapled into the foreigner's passport, yes it is. I doubt they bother with that for 90 day reports, they never used to, but most of us do those via mail or online and copies of that particular item are not requested. Nor was it checked for extensions for many years, but I think it may be a problem now if it's not in the passport. Nobody ever bothered with the TM30 until about 2016 or so and it appeared to be a quick windfall when they started up. Whether it makes any sense to you or not really makes no difference to anybody else. It doesn't have to make sense. This is how all bureaucracies work. They don't have to make sense and often don't. 

1 hour ago, cusanus said:

Seems like you are somewhat confused and making a very big deal out of very little. It's the housekeeper's responsibility YES, but it is YOU (not you in this case but the visitor) who pays the 1600 baht fine. You could argue the point all you want, but it won't get you anywhere unless the householder says ok I'll pay which has never happened as far as I know. The TM30 stub is supposed to be stapled into the foreigner's passport, yes it is. I doubt they bother with that for 90 day reports, they never used to, but most of us do those via mail or online and copies of that particular item are not requested. Nor was it checked for extensions for many years, but I think it may be a problem now if it's not in the passport. Nobody ever bothered with the TM30 until about 2016 or so and it appeared to be a quick windfall when they started up. Whether it makes any sense to you or not really makes no difference to anybody else. It doesn't have to make sense. This is how all bureaucracies work. They don't have to make sense and often don't. 

I am not making a big deal out of anything or am I arguing.Just trying to clear up this grey area where my wife is the housemaster in the house we live in and she would be the one liable for the fine. She just doesn't want it to rebound on me in any form so we will probably do a return trip to Imm as our visitors arrive late Saturday.That I guess means Monday am

This situation must occur for many people who have family visits so its in their interest to know through this forum so I was hoping someone, apart from yourself, would relate their actual experience ...ok ?

I have a TM 30 stapled in my passport that is 3 years old as I haven't been anywhere.I Have been reporting by mail for 12 years but just to check out how the new building was functioning I did the report in person last time,the TM 30 was not even looked at not was it at my extension last January. After 17 yrs in this country I am well aware of the moving goal posts within Immigration

4 hours ago, Sparkles said:

I am not making a big deal out of anything or am I arguing.Just trying to clear up this grey area where my wife is the housemaster in the house we live in and she would be the one liable for the fine. She just doesn't want it to rebound on me in any form so we will probably do a return trip to Imm as our visitors arrive late Saturday.That I guess means Monday am

That's what I'd do because I too don't like to be on the wrong side of the fence. But Immigration will never make an issue out of it based on my 14 years experience here. It's the foreigner who stands to have a problem when he can't extend his stay and usually he pays the fine. The householder has never been held liable in practice or fined to my knowledge, not that it can't happen. Indeed, first time my wife was fined of course 1600 baht, but do you think I actually made her pay it? God help you if you try that. I also mentioned my ACTUAL experience last year when my son held his mom under siege for six weeks without a TM30 and despite many desperate complaints to Immigration, nothing was done.  He finally left on his own because there were numerous other felonies involved that could have resulted in serious prison time. But in my experience neither the police nor the courts here are likely to prosecute anyone for anything unless there's a very public disturbance downtown or serious bodily injury. It's rare for any laws to be actively enforced, it's usually the victim's responsibility to pay an attorney to protect themselves and then the attorney is most likely to skip out and the court award damages to the perp. It's all about lining the pockets of attorneys, very little about justice, and that's not just Thailand. Ok, I suppose it's remotely possible you could end up having to pay 1600 baht per person (ok your wife), but that won't break your bank or go on any criminal record. In no way am I suggesting anyone break the law, but don't lose sleep over this. It really should be your visitors who are liable for the fine, anyway, IMHO. Just enjoy your life. 

7 minutes ago, Lizard2010 said:

I  think this is enought

I am getting tired of all this too and from each other

We get the Message  Right

Take about what is need now

A TM 30 is getting to be the Norm

Get used to it

Hi Lizard it was originally just a simple question from me that affected only my family members visit????

3 minutes ago, Sparkles said:

Hi Lizard it was originally just a simple question from me that affected only my family members visit????

I understand

I have been using this forum for many years

I see what normally happens here

Unfortunately my phone goes everything a post is psoted

1 hour ago, Lizard2010 said:

I understand

I have been using this forum for many years

I see what normally happens here

Unfortunately my phone goes everything a post is psoted

Hmmm, can you turn off notifications for thaivisa.com? I don't get any on my PC? Anyone?

On 8/20/2019 at 4:01 PM, Sparkles said:

I haven't really get abreast of this TM 30 nonsense but I have a situation late this Saturday PM when my daughter and 6 yr old Grandson arrive from Australia for a 10 day stay at our home which is in my Thai wife's name.

I have explained to her that being the house owner she is the one that has to submit a TM 30 House Master form or is it another form ?

As I am on a retirement visa what ramifications are there if she ignored doing it as she has never had any connection to Immigration apart from sometimes being with me when I renew.

Saturday the office will be closed once our family arrive and it will need another trip into the city on Sunday which we don't really need

In the event of anyone else being in this situation my wife ,as the housemaster, decided we would comply to to registering a TM 30 for family members staying at out home for 10 days.They arrived late Saturday so we went in Sunday morning. 3 smiling lady officer greeted us but then told my wife as she had not registered before they could not put the info into the computer ,so the trip was a total waste of time we were told to come back next day, Monday.We were asked to have a photo taken with smiles all round to which we complied.

11 am Monday we went to the 3rd floor and were 16 tickets away from seeing anyone.It took around 30 mins. I have never seen Imm downstairs so quite the place was  not even half full.Even got parking inside Imm

So the upshot is don't bother going in weekends if you are not already in the system as a housemaster, waste of time.One officer on Saturday did write on small note that we had visited within the 24 hr limit.

10 minutes ago, Sparkles said:

In the event of anyone else being in this situation my wife ,as the housemaster, decided we would comply to to registering a TM 30 for family members staying at out home for 10 days.They arrived late Saturday so we went in Sunday morning. 3 smiling lady officer greeted us but then told my wife as she had not registered before they could not put the info into the computer ,so the trip was a total waste of time we were told to come back next day, Monday.We were asked to have a photo taken with smiles all round to which we complied.

11 am Monday we went to the 3rd floor and were 16 tickets away from seeing anyone.It took around 30 mins. I have never seen Imm downstairs so quite the place was  not even half full.Even got parking inside Imm

So the upshot is don't bother going in weekends if you are not already in the system as a housemaster, waste of time.One officer on Saturday did write on small note that we had visited within the 24 hr limit.

So on Monday what was the outcome?

6 hours ago, Olmate said:

So on Monday what was the outcome?

We had all the relevant documents, written 2 page application form, which I downloaded ,copies of Daughters and Grandsons (age 6) passports,face page and entry stamps, copy of wife's blue book,her ID card........I was just an observer.

In today's TV news one person a home owner was fined in Pattaya for non filing of TM 30 when he had guests,guess you just have to be unlucky.

When my daughter came through Imm in Bangkok she just wrote Hang Dong as place of stay as she has always done .She was asked where in Hang Dong, officer seemed content when she mentioned our village name. 

2 hours ago, Sparkles said:

We had all the relevant documents, written 2 page application form, which I downloaded ,copies of Daughters and Grandsons (age 6) passports,face page and entry stamps, copy of wife's blue book,her ID card........I was just an observer.

In today's TV news one person a home owner was fined in Pattaya for non filing of TM 30 when he had guests,guess you just have to be unlucky.

When my daughter came through Imm in Bangkok she just wrote Hang Dong as place of stay as she has always done .She was asked where in Hang Dong, officer seemed content when she mentioned our village name. 

Well done you can relax now.Bloody ridiculous when you step back and look at it!

14 hours ago, Olmate said:

Well done you can relax now.Bloody ridiculous when you step back and look at it!

It is ridiculous especially when its family members but they are the hoops we have to jump through.

A simple solution is people could register their address with Immigration at the countries entry point, in my daughters case Bangkok.

The TM 30 room had as many people waiting than downstairs and just creates even more paperwork. Now my wife is registered we can next time do it online, providing it works .

2 hours ago, Sparkles said:

The TM 30 room had as many people waiting than downstairs and just creates even more paperwork. Now my wife is registered we can next time do it online, providing it works .

You got me. I do 90 day notifications online, but don't have a clue as to how to get the TM30 update done online. Clue us in, please.

1 hour ago, cusanus said:

You got me. I do 90 day notifications online, but don't have a clue as to how to get the TM30 update done online. Clue us in, please.

watch this video  it does explain a lot

Also how to do your TM30 Online

48 minutes ago, Lizard2010 said:

watch this video  it does explain a lot

Also how to do your TM30 Online

A good video, THANKS, but do you really expect me grind through two hours looking for the procedure to update the TM30 online? So, if I travel to another province and stay at a registered hotel, that's taken care of, but if I visit a friend how is this done online? And, I believe, on return to my home, it has to be done again. So, how does my wife do that online? The explanation for that shouldn't require two hours discussion by a panel of farangs and I doubt it really is possible if you don't own your own hotel.  Just explain it, please. One can only conclude after struggling with a six week siege by an uninvited guest that the authorities have no genuine interest in policing the law, only in collecting fines when extending a visa and the TM30 is absent or doesn't match the current address. I do agree with the one fellow; indeed, since the TM30 rules became so strict domestically I haven't left my house and expect to die in it eventually, even though I'm convinced it doesn't matter much. One of these day's I'll finish the video, it does look worthwhile.   

3 minutes ago, cusanus said:

A good video, THANKS, but do you really expect me grind through two hours looking for the procedure to update the TM30 online? So, if I travel to another province and stay at a registered hotel, that's taken care of, but if I visit a friend how is this done online? And, I believe, on return to my home, it has to be done again. So, how does my wife do that online? The explanation for that shouldn't require two hours discussion by a panel of farangs and I doubt it really is possible if you don't own your own hotel.  Just explain it, please. One can only conclude after struggling with a six week siege by an uninvited guest that the authorities have no genuine interest in policing the law, only in collecting fines when extending a visa and the TM30 is absent or doesn't match the current address. I do agree with the one fellow; indeed, since the TM30 rules became so strict domestically I haven't left my house and expect to die in it eventually, even though I'm convinced it doesn't matter much. One of these day's I'll finish the video, it does look worthwhile.   

For someone that has been here for so long

Plus has given so much advise

I thought you would have been up with everything

Go to the TM 30 website

Register

With all the relevant documents that are required

Then when approved with the user name and password

use The TM 30 App

If you had taken the trouble to watch you may have learned a few things

I took the trouble to watch

As many things have been happening thanks to certain people in Bangkok 

Looking out for all of us who live here

5 minutes ago, Lizard2010 said:

For someone that has been here for so long

Plus has given so much advise

I thought you would have been up with everything

Go to the TM 30 website

Register

With all the relevant documents that are required

Then when approved with the user name and password

use The TM 30 App

If you had taken the trouble to watch you may have learned a few things

I took the trouble to watch

As many things have been happening thanks to certain people in Bangkok 

Looking out for all of us who live here

A simple question deserves a simple answer, not a smart one. A straightforward one would also include the web link. 

4 hours ago, NancyL said:

Good grief. Ten seconds with Google got me to this.  

You can tell this site is mostly elderly retirees. Read the link you posted carefully: 

...You have to register in order to use the online reporting. It is primarily meant to be used by hotels and etc but a few immigration offices allow individuals to register. This is the login  page for doing it. https://extranet.immigration.go.th/fn24online...

Ok, the online primary purpose is for hotels, guest houses, and such. Damned if I'm going to ask my wife to plow through a crowd of unknown individuals willing to bend the rules so she can beg to play hotel. If we had tons of foreign visitors it might be worth the trouble, but we rarely leave the nest; otherwise we'll just stop in at Immigration and say Hello as we always do when needing an updated TM30. But some of us are surely like you, Nancy, of the upper crust and could tell us which IOs are pliable and which are not and how to bend their ears. So let us know. THANKS!  

There's no helping some people. 

I certainly don't know which IOs are "pliable" and how to bend their ear and am taken aback at the suggestion that I do.  I play by the rules. 

I find it very convenient to live in a condo building where the office staff files TM30 reports and updates for the residents.  Perhaps others should consider this option if they require hand-holding.  

1 hour ago, NancyL said:

There's no helping some people. I certainly don't know which IOs are "pliable" and how to bend their ear and am taken aback at the suggestion that I do.  I play by the rules. 

Sorry, Nanc. Don't be such a grumpy kitty. My comments related to the statements in the post you referenced, not you personally. The bottom line as I read it was that there is no online TM30 meant for ordinary folk, but if you have good enough reason, you might be able to get there if you can convince the right person. What I was looking for was something from the horsey's mouth pointing to an equivalent of the online 90 day report, but it seems there is no parallel there. I didn't mean to be rude, honestly.

2 hours ago, cusanus said:

Sorry, Nanc. Don't be such a grumpy kitty. My comments related to the statements in the post you referenced, not you personally. The bottom line as I read it was that there is no online TM30 meant for ordinary folk, but if you have good enough reason, you might be able to get there if you can convince the right person. What I was looking for was something from the horsey's mouth pointing to an equivalent of the online 90 day report, but it seems there is no parallel there. I didn't mean to be rude, honestly.

I live in a single family home...... I registered at the referenced sites.  I have made a report with the Android app and it is registered in their database.  I made the "report" from my mobile phone while sitting in the airport.

10 minutes ago, hml367 said:

I live in a single family home...... I registered at the referenced sites.  I have made a report with the Android app and it is registered in their database.  I made the "report" from my mobile phone while sitting in the airport.

Hot dang. Really. I'll remember that. I haven't been anywhere in the last eleven years though. Well, except for two emergency trips to the US a couple of years ago to help out a friend. I will definitely give it a go the next time I go. Immigration isn't as personal as it used to be anyway. Thanks. 

Archived