BANGKOK 22 February 2019 01:48
CharlieH

CM Immigration Q&A (2018)

Here is something to cheer up other posters. I read on this site (and for that I am grateful) that C Mai Immigration is now asking for a map on a special form and a TM7 that is special to this office. To do my best to ensure I have all the right info and to spare my wife what she calls the yearly nightmare I called in to Promenada to collect forms and the airport office to see the layout. Thats a 200kms m'bike trip from the far side of Tha Ton, 8.15 - 12.30 on a bike and after a night on my sons couch I will ride back tomorrow. I am 67. When they ask me to 'come back tomorrow' because the queue numbers are all gone I tell them thats an 8 hour return trip and they think I'm lying. If I left at midnight I could do the early morning queue. Chiang Rai has a quiet, easy to access immigration office and is half the journey but you must come to the provincial one and I live in C Mai province, just. We often need 3 days here to do a marriage visa. There is an Immigration office in Fang but not allowed to complete this task. I've been here 31 years, it only ever gets worse.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On ‎9‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 7:38 PM, tpthai2 said:

Going in Wednesday for the Marriage extension.

All papers to the agent today reviewed with Map required.

(Map: A specific type and rendering that I left to the agent to

produce.)

A CM specific TM7 this year required a redo as I relied

on 2017 form and did not have the current CM specific form.

Also: Bank letter and passbook update done but this year they requested

a Bank Statement of activity in the account covering a two month period. 

First time in 14 years for that one.   The details and forms from year to year always seem to have some change.  Most often there will be no published information in this regard.  Heads-up if you are doing this visa process on your own.

Off Topic:   Current visa assist offices pricing for the marriage extension is markedly higher than last year.   Not to mention names, I was quoted 8,500bt, 7,900bt respectively by two of the most popular companies. 

The old G4 office, now gone from Promenada is now, Best Friend Visa.

Tip: Check there rate would be my suggestion.   Regards to all.

I have never paid anyone to do my paper work after all of these years and years. Did have one of my wife's employees a couple of times sit in at airport, but I always normally do that with my time. That's when airport was just ridiculous as everyone lining up at 1am. I still met the person at 1am to set them up and then went home. The wife goes with me, so employees have paid day off, but I still paid extra on top of that for sitting. I think if you keep tabs on TV of posts you will always be current on the IO's new practices for the year. This year I had to give copies of my kids id's and 2 different pics inside and outside, not just one of each. But it was so easy. 

Edited by holy cow cm

TM7 Form Application for Extension Form for Chiang Mai Immigration

The correct form is attached.  Seems to me that it has been in use for almost two years now. Note the information about handicapped on the second page.  It isTM7 Form (2.2017).pdf apparently unique to Chiang Mai.

• Like 1

Post removed. and a response to it. 

Please try to keep posts "factual" in this topic for the benefit of others.

• Like 2

90 day online approved same day, by post for er indoors only 6 days return even with the move pending.

Maybe there will be improvements at the new/old location.

I guess there will soon be a few reports coming in on the first day.

On 9/11/2018 at 11:38 AM, Mapguy said:

6.  Copy of current TM30 (Residence report)

Don't have it. Would the "Receipt of Notification" that they stapled in my passport do?

1 hour ago, Vacuum said:

Don't have it. Would the "Receipt of Notification" that they stapled in my passport do?

That is it unless it's receipt of notification of 90 day report! Should have both.

• Like 1

90 day online approved same day, by post for er indoors only 6 days return even with the move pending.
Maybe there will be improvements at the new/old location.
I'm still waiting for my 90 day to be returned. This is Day 6 for me. Fingers crossed. Did those 6 days included weekend days?

Be happy

That is it unless it's receipt of notification of 90 day report! Should have both.

This is correct. Indeed, the receipt is all that you will have for your passport, not a report per se. On your next report the current procedure after a return “home” is normally just to “date stamp” the receipt you already have in your passport. Sometimes the officer’s initials, not a stamp, and the date alone have been used to confirm that a report has been made.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

25 minutes ago, Bournville said:

I'm still waiting for my 90 day to be returned. This is Day 6 for me. Fingers crossed. Did those 6 days included weekend days?

Be happy

No big deal, I've had them come back (new Receipt of Notification for 90-day reports) as early as 4 days and as late as 14 days.  They suggest you don't worry about it (or go to Immigration to inquire about it) until at least 2 weeks after your 90-day report would have been due in person.  Presuming you have your EMS receipt that you sent it to Immigration, you have nothing to worry about.

Based on my history of doing the 90-day reports by mail, I've guessed that the staff (or interns?) only get to these mailed-in 90-day reports one day a week and I've somewhat guessed that's on a Saturday.  I could be wrong there but that seems to be the pattern for me (i.e., if I send by EMS on a Thursday, I tend to get the Receipt back early the following week whereas it takes a lot longer if I've mailed on a Saturday or Monday.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Thailand said:

Updated my TM30 this afternoon all pretty painless. Arrived at 1400 and out the door by 1425 which considering this was day 1 and also a Monday I consider decent.

Desk is number 1 on the ground floor to the right (2 is 90 day) just queue up then hand your passport over. The young lady simply stuck on a post it note with assigned number which you should take note off then take a seat. Passport returned by adjacent lady calling out numbers in batches or an officer showing passports and calling the name. I didn't hear my number but heard others beyond so enquired at the desk and was handed an American passport which being British I obviously declined! 

Parking? The compound was packed out with lateral parking everywhere but after 2 laps found a vacant spot. 

Place was packed but TM30 and 90 days were being processed rapidly so no complaints.

No big deal, I've had them come back (new Receipt of Notification for 90-day reports) as early as 4 days and as late as 14 days.  They suggest you don't worry about it (or go to Immigration to inquire about it) until at least 2 weeks after your 90-day report would have been due in person.  Presuming you have your EMS receipt that you sent it to Immigration, you have nothing to worry about.

Based on my history of doing the 90-day reports by mail, I've guessed that the staff (or interns?) only get to these mailed-in 90-day reports one day a week and I've somewhat guessed that's on a Saturday.  I could be wrong there but that seems to be the pattern for me (i.e., if I send by EMS on a Thursday, I tend to get the Receipt back early the following week whereas it takes a lot longer if I've mailed on a Saturday or Monday.
Interesting. Thanks for that insight. Mine was sent EMS last Monday.

Be happy