BANGKOK 23 March 2019 11:57
CharlieH

CM Immigration Q&A (2018)

15 hours ago, Genericnic said:

They must not be loving it too much. Went to two banks today to try to open an account. Told them it was for use with immigration for retirement. Neither one would open an account. I'll try a couple of more in the neighborhood tomorrow.

Go to the farang-friendly branches. 

For Bangkok Bank, it is Kad Suan Kaew branch. Many foreigners have opened their accounts there with no problem if you have residence cert.

We are still trying to find which branch of SCB is farang-friendliest.

Edited by EricTh
  • Like 1

Bumped into an agent I used previously in hour of need; as over the counter as any agent is likely to be. She stated that the #1 at CM Immigration, who hasn't been in-situ very long, has already been moved on.

A number of off topic posts removed.

This topic is not the place for banter/guesswork/conspiracy theories.

It supposed to be factual helpful information for others.- Thanks

• Like 1

Does anyone have the new TM 8 form fillable ?

The downloaded one from Immigration website  gives problems half way wit fonts and therefore can not be filled in completely on the computer.

Thanks you advance.

Cheers

12 hours ago, terminatorchiangmai said:

The downloaded one from Immigration website  gives problems half way wit fonts and therefore can not be filled in completely on the computer. Thanks you advance. Cheers

Should probably pass on this because I don't have a fillable form, but why not just fill in a blank one by hand? https://www.immigration.go.th/download/1486547955788.pdf
It's an easy job to make one fillable, too, but I think you have to have Adobe Acrobat or something like that, or you could just superimpose text boxes with either Acrobat or Photoshop. No offense, I'm often that up tight myself, but really...

10 hours ago, cusanus said:

Should probably pass on this because I don't have a fillable form, but why not just fill in a blank one by hand? https://www.immigration.go.th/download/1486547955788.pdf
It's an easy job to make one fillable, too, but I think you have to have Adobe Acrobat or something like that, or you could just superimpose text boxes with either Acrobat or Photoshop. No offense, I'm often that up tight myself, but really...

you should have passed on this one indeed.

This site is for helping each other was my understanding.

Got the downloaded form from Immigration working already in acrobat DC now. (did not worked before in Acrobat Pro)

But thanks for nothing.

• Sad 1

This site is for helping each other was my understanding.
Got the downloaded form from Immigration working already in acrobat DC now. (did not worked before in Acrobat Pro)
But thanks for nothing.

You are not helping anybody have a nice day or anything else positive.

Sent from my iPod touch using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app
  • Thanks 2

Closed today, sign said come Monday

Sent from my iPod touch using Thaivisa Connect

• Confused 1

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, terminatorchiangmai said:

This site is for helping each other was my understanding. Got the downloaded form from Immigration working already in acrobat DC now. (did not worked before in Acrobat Pro) But thanks for nothing.

I'm sure everybody is mightily delivered knowing that you couldn't get Acrobat Pro to work but you fixed the problem with DC. Maybe you meant that Acrobat DC didn't work but plain Pro DC did, or maybe that Acrobat Pro X didn't work, though I'm sure everybody but me got it. Anyway, what I was really wondering, for the understanding of all, was why you didn't give Adobe or Foxit Readers a try, seeing as they were designed to fill in forms readily made fillable with Acrobat. So, what you're saying is that being informed that the purpose of all versions of Acrobat you're armed with is to readily make the blank form I posted fillable was not helpful to anybody? Or were you just speaking for yourself?   

Edited by cusanus

On 3/1/2019 at 9:15 AM, terminatorchiangmai said:

The downloaded one from Immigration website  gives problems half way wit fonts and therefore can not be filled in completely on the computer.

Thanks you advance.

Cheers

Try using Foxit Reader.  I have been able to fill in almost any form using the writer function.

• Like 1

On 2/26/2019 at 2:22 PM, EricTh said:

Go to the farang-friendly branches. 

For Bangkok Bank, it is Kad Suan Kaew branch. Many foreigners have opened their accounts there with no problem if you have residence cert.

We are still trying to find which branch of SCB is farang-friendliest.

I had no,problem opening my Hangdong Lotus SCB Branch account, but had a long time. Used Passport with Non-0 for Marriage, later Divorce. Explain to manager why you want to open it. Once you have can use any branch with book and debit card. Good luck!

6 minutes ago, Danthai said:

I had no,problem opening my Hangdong Lotus SCB Branch account, but had a long time. Used Passport with Non-0 for Marriage, later Divorce. Explain to manager why you want to open it. Once you have can use any branch with book and debit card. Good luck!

Can't resist asking? You can get a visa based on marriage-divorced? Thanks. 

• Sad 2

Went to CM immigration this afternoon to get a TV extensions .

New sign on the wall stated that TV extensions take 15 minutes , usually its an hour at least and usually a few hours , sometimes the whole day (from 3 am to 3 PM)

Got there today about 3 PM , filled out the form and handed the application in , five minutes later got called up for a photo and five minutes later , got given my PP back with extension , out within 10 minutes .

Previously there would be a big backlog of PP waiting to be processed , seems like they've upped their game and are now keeping on top of the PP build up and processing them immediately  , another benefit was there wasnt 30 people all waiting in the office to get their PP's back and the place seemed quite empty .

A little big of organisation and things are much quicker

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, sanemax said:

Went to CM immigration this afternoon to get a TV extensions .

N

Forgive my ignorance but does TV stands for Tourist Visa?

Edited by EricTh