CM Immigration Q&A (2018)

CharlieH

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Dante99 said:
Just now, LomSak27 said:

Oh MY

Perhaps a second reading will help.  ................. That is an OPINION.

I understood it was opinion, just inquiring if you had any facts to support it.

I stated it was an opinion. As always, if it's good for you, make it your friend.

Cheers 

Started today by going to the registar office at government center to get copies of the Kor Ror 22 and the 2 for change of extension from retirement to marriage. News to me is that I did not need the 22 document as I was married in Thailand. The need for this document is always sated as needed along with the 2. This document is only needed if you were married in another country and registered later in Thailand. Later confirmed this at immigration, I am probably the only person not aare of this.

Back in October it was reported that a "OSS Foreigner" app was on its way to facilitate on line reporting/ TM30 etc

Anyone hear of any progress in that development or was it just fake news to appease the TM30 backlash groups at the time.

7 hours ago, eyecatcher said:

Back in October it was reported that a "OSS Foreigner" app was on its way to facilitate on line reporting/ TM30 etc

Anyone hear of any progress in that development or was it just fake news to appease the TM30 backlash groups at the time.

No info regarding the app although TM30 and 90 day online systems are much improved.  Last 2 weeks i have used both with a 100% success rate.

IMO, once the mainline systems are perfected (yeah, I know ... wishful thinking) then we may, just may, see an app become available.

CURRENT REQUIREMENTS FOR BANK INFORMATION IN SUPPORT OF ANNUAL EXTENSION.

Planning to apply for my annual extension via Non "O" 800,000 in the bank route.

As I understand it I need to supply:

"Bank Letter", a one page document which simply states that I have an account with my Thai bank, dated not more than 7 days prior to application.

A "Bank Statement" listing every transaction on the bank account for the last 12 months, I assume this also has a 7 day validity.

Passbook showing the last 3 months entries and updated to show current balance on the date of application for extension.

Please advise of any other requirements or errors in the above.

Many thanks.

Dave

8 minutes ago, Vacuum said:

Yes, if you have 800K in the bank you only need a 'Bank letter' to prove that. No need to show transfers.

Thanks.

So does the Bank Letter state that I had the 400,000/ 800,000 in the account for the requisite months after being granted the previous extension and the requisite months before making this current application.

I thought it just said "this person has an account at this bank branch".

Sorry if I am being thick.

21 minutes ago, davehowden said:

So does the Bank Letter state that I had the 400,000/ 800,000 in the account for the requisite months after being granted the previous extension and the requisite months before making this current application.

No it doesn't. You' need to bring copies of your passbook + the original passbook when doing the extension.

3 minutes ago, Vacuum said:

No it doesn't. You' need to bring copies of your passbook + the original passbook when doing the extension.

So the passbook needs to be updated regularly to show all transactions, if I leave mine for a month without updating then I get a consolidated entry.

Most people who use the 800,000 baht method use an account that isn't active.  If you're using an active account, then yes you need to keep it updated.  If there are consolidated entries, then it's possible that the balance fell below 800,000 baht during the critical period.  

Immigration officers don't like combing through pages and pages of a bank book checking to see that the balance never fell below a certain level.  I had an account that was just moderately active and it was mentioned that they didn't like this.  The other account I used was a fixed account and they said they like it much better.  No activity.

14 minutes ago, NancyL said:

Most people who use the 800,000 baht method use an account that isn't active.  If you're using an active account, then yes you need to keep it updated.  If there are consolidated entries, then it's possible that the balance fell below 800,000 baht during the critical period.  

Immigration officers don't like combing through pages and pages of a bank book checking to see that the balance never fell below a certain level.  I had an account that was just moderately active and it was mentioned that they didn't like this.  The other account I used was a fixed account and they said they like it much better.  No activity.

Do the poor darlings have any preference for the color of ones underpants I wonder !!

10 hours ago, davehowden said:

So the passbook needs to be updated regularly to show all transactions, if I leave mine for a month without updating then I get a consolidated entry.

No problem, just ask your bank to print out all transactions and stamp, so easy !

21 hours ago, nichopaulcnx said:

No problem, just ask your bank to print out all transactions and stamp, so easy !

In other words;  ask your bank for a statement.  At Bangkok Bank there is a small fee for this.  In my experience (17 years), for the posters above, a letter from the bank alone is not enough.  Imm still wants to see a bankbook or statement to show you did not drop below the required funds. I have also printed my own statement from my online banking and they accepted it.  Depends on their mood I guess.  They may also wish to see some sort or recent activity from an account.  A small withdrawal will work. BUT, make sure your bank letter and your account show the same balance upon submission to immigration.

I accidentally dropped a few thousand baht below 800,000 in my foreign currency account for a few days.  They caught it and wouldn't accept it.  Fortunately I had funds in a separate  savings account which made up the difference.  They then wanted to see that book (which I had with me) and then a SEPARATE letter from the bank for that account was required.

Your experiences may vary...... 

Has anyone done an extension lately ? ,as i have a friend who went

11.00 on Friday, no spaces left for that day, come back on Monday ,sharp.

When I did mine approx 6 months ago, in and out  in 30 mins approx, (got there about 11.00 too)

I am worried that the situation is reverting to what it was in the past,

up before dawn to get a ticket,all in an attempt to steer you towards

using an agent,or was it just unusually busy around this time ?

regards worgeordie

6 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

Why did they go on Friday?  Why would anyone with choice go on Friday?

6 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

When I did mine approx 6 months ago, in and out  in 30 mins approx, (got there about 11.00 too)

I did mine in October. middle of the week, not monday or friday. I was there at 620 AM to que up and get number. Lots of people there already. So yes they are heading back to the future. I was done by 1015

Good luck.

4 hours ago, Dante99 said:

Why did they go on Friday?  Why would anyone with choice go on Friday?

So if everyone thought that way, there would be nobody there on Fridays,

I personally would not go on Monday or a Friday.

regards worgeordie

On 12/13/2019 at 8:06 AM, davehowden said:

Thanks.

The bank letter only state you have a certain balance as of the day of bank letter application.

They asked for my bank statement too because I put my money into a Fixed Deposit account and we can't update the balance on the bank-book for that type of account unless you make a deposit .

If you have a savings account , then you can just print the balance on the bank-book a day before application.

Yes, I know we think it is unnecessary but immigration just want more documents because they are being overly cautious.

4 hours ago, worgeordie said:

I am worried that the situation is reverting to what it was in the past,

up before dawn to get a ticket,all in an attempt to steer you towards

using an agent,or was it just unusually busy around this time ?

I did mine in early November and it was very quick because there was only 1  people before me. 

I arrived in the afternoon around 1 pm.  

On 12/15/2019 at 9:13 PM, EricTh said:

I did mine in early November and it was very quick because there was only 1  people before me. 

I arrived in the afternoon around 1 pm.  

I normally go Christmas day or Boxing day.

Its tactical of course but still surprising there are as as many scrooges as me down there aswell

There was a report yesterday on a "Chiang Mai Expats" FACEBOOK posting about Imm now requesting a bank certification letter noting bank balance for the prior 6 months when using the 800,000 in the bank method for extensions.  

Has anyone else heard of this change in requirements?

Here's a copy the posting...

Update as of today for those extending retirement visa for another year. New boss at immigration requires your thai bank letter (normally confirming the balance as of the issuance date of the letter ..example 17th dec 2019) to now be dated for a period of 6 months up to date of letter issue..example 17th july - 17th dec 2019. This is what we have just had to do today. Created some frustration as you can imagine! Check with immigration on your specific requirements before turning up. Saves a lot of bother. Just FYI, our visa lady nor the banks were aware of this change. We happily do whatever is required of us but there was a lot of confused people today. Hopefully it will be common knowledge at some point.

Archived