Jump to content
Thai Visa Forum

CM Immigration Q&A (2018)


Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Tracyb said:

I want to confirm whether nor not CM IMM is requiring health insurance for ALL extensions of stay based on non IMM O-A visas, including those for marriage.  Is that the case?

Check out this thread, beginning with post #75. Saengd has changed her extension from retirement to married -- both based on a 2004 Non Imm O-A visa. She's now under the 30 day consideration, so it's not yet a slam dunk.

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1136904-getting-rid-of-non-o-a-specific-case/page/5/#comments

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nonsense posts removed.   This is not a topic for "fun" or stupid quips or a place to try out poor attempts at humour. Any further instances in this topic and they will be dealt with ha

Questions and Answers on all ""Immigration" issues in Chiang Mai.   Posts that are off topic, argumentative, etc. will be aggressively removed to keep this topic with useful information

Until we get actual first-hand reports from applicants extending O-A visas at Chiang Mai Immigration, I think links to threads about other peoples' experiences overseas or in other provinces isn't rel

Posted Images

4 hours ago, Tracyb said:

I want to confirm whether nor not CM IMM is requiring health insurance for ALL extensions of stay based on non IMM O-A visas, including those for marriage.  Is that the case?

I make my marriage extensions yesterday.Have OA visa(2013) from beginning.After that many retirement extensions.No one ask after health insurance.Im now on consideration 30 days.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, anwa said:

I make my marriage extensions yesterday.Have OA visa(2013) from beginning.After that many retirement extensions.No one ask after health insurance.Im now on consideration 30 days.

So you made a marriage extension, if so why would they want health insurance?

Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, roo860 said:

So you made a marriage extension, if so why would they want health insurance?

O-A visa even extensions, according to the latest information given at CM Immigration Office, just ask for the latest requirements

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, NancyL said:

In the past it was very easy for people to "share" 800,000 baht.  I knew of three people who did it because the dates of their extension expirations were spaced out enough that they could meet the three month ageing rule and immediately transfer the 800,000 baht to their friend after they obtained their extension and then transferring to the next friend after obtaining his extension, and so on.  A problem developed when one of the threesome developed dementia and the man's partner cleaned out the 800,000 baht and disappeared.

 

 

This is probably why you will have to leave the money in the bank for 3 months and half for the duration of the extension. The source of new rules can be traced to other peoples cheating in many cases.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Just a well done for Thailand post & Immigration.

Sent 90 day report for er indoors by post Wed 18th a.m. received at immigration same afternoon! 

 

Confirmation received today 20th.Definitely the quickest ever. ! 

 

Registered out, 3 baht stamp on return envelope, total 21 baht. 😎

 

The rest of the processes at immigration currently not enamored with. 😐

 

 

Edited by Thailand
Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, nichopaulcnx said:

O-A visa even extensions, according to the latest information given at CM Immigration Office, just ask for the latest requirements

Anwa  said he made a marriage extension.

Edited by roo860
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, roo860 said:

So you made a marriage extension, if so why would they want health insurance?

Because it's a total goat ph*ck over at Immigration, where health insurance demanded for new Non Imm O-A visas issued abroad metastasized into requiring health insurance for all retirement extensions emanating from a Non Imm O-A, regardless of when issued. Then, one Imm Office decided that all extensions emanating from O-A visas -- which would include marriage extensions as well as retirement extensions -- required health insurance. So far, this appears to be an isolated case, and maybe an individual IO's policy, not the office's..... So, those of us here in Chiang Mai are monitoring results -- so far, sounds like marriage extensions off O-A visas will not require insurance. Next question, for those of us on retirement extensions: Is a wife cheaper than health insurance? 😎

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JimGant said:

Because it's a total goat ph*ck over at Immigration, where health insurance demanded for new Non Imm O-A visas issued abroad metastasized into requiring health insurance for all retirement extensions emanating from a Non Imm O-A, regardless of when issued. Then, one Imm Office decided that all extensions emanating from O-A visas -- which would include marriage extensions as well as retirement extensions -- required health insurance. So far, this appears to be an isolated case, and maybe an individual IO's policy, not the office's..... So, those of us here in Chiang Mai are monitoring results -- so far, sounds like marriage extensions off O-A visas will not require insurance. Next question, for those of us on retirement extensions: Is a wife cheaper than health insurance? 😎

Yes, definitely cheaper.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/19/2019 at 6:08 PM, moe666 said:

Finished my extension of stay for marriage yesterday, I used a agent who I have used in the pass.

so how much was the agent fee?

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, ProbPossConf said:

You will need copy of your passport Bio page, your current extension stay stamp, your TM.30, and don't forget a 4x6cm. photo for the TM.8 form.

In addition to the above (although the requirement for a copy of the TM30 seems hit or miss), I've also needed a copy of the last entry stamp page and a copy of the departure card (TM6).  

Link to post
Share on other sites

I just wonder if they are driving visa visitors aways because they are unable to cope in Immigration.

Trying to balance workload etc.

 

I did my marriage extension on Christmas Eve,arrived at 8.30 (previously ticket numbers 3 + 5 at same arrival time)

Wife in tow, I got ticket 13 and knew immediately that was going to spoil her day.

I had prepared my 54 photocopies meticulously and like a military operation there was no way this could fail.

Yet even the wife said cynically dont get stressed about it, they will find something wrong.

 

3hrs we waited,I walked around the building 12 times, counted cars and watched almost every couple before us rush out chuntering the obvious.

Everything was going swimmingly, I was just signing my signature so often it turned into mickey mouse.

Then the catch 22 problem that is impossible to do.

She wanted a bank book update despite the fact it had been done close of play the day before.

 

So, everybody you have a dilemma.

If you arrive at immigration at a time before your bank opens you are unable to have that bank update with you.

If you go to the bank at 9am then photocopy it then join the queue its highly likely you will get a ticket in the 20s ...maybe ok for some but you need the wife in tow and that can be a problem

I was told to update again and photocopy again and bring it back in the afternoon.

 

You dont think its stressful in the four weeks leading up to an extension until you get your passport back nicely stamped......then the euphoria kicks in, like the day you passed your driving test, you get those nice exam results. I feel like i have been on holiday in the last week.

 

But going back to the rapid decline in efficiency, the place was absolutely packed and for the marriage part they have only 1 officer dealing with couples.

I remember the crappy outbuilding where we used to go, only 5 yrs ago, they had 4 desks dealing with marriages.

Good luck to anyone about to do the same.

Edited by eyecatcher
  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, eyecatcher said:

I just wonder if they are driving visa visitors aways because they are unable to cope in Immigration.

Trying to balance workload etc.

 

I did my marriage extension on Christmas Eve,arrived at 8.30 (previously ticket numbers 3 + 5 at same arrival time)

Wife in tow, I got ticket 13 and knew immediately that was going to spoil her day.

I had prepared my 54 photocopies meticulously and like a military operation there was no way this could fail.

Yet even the wife said cynically dont get stressed about it, they will find something wrong.

 

3hrs we waited,I walked around the building 12 times, counted cars and watched almost every couple before us rush out chuntering the obvious.

Everything was going swimmingly, I was just signing my signature so often it turned into mickey mouse.

Then the catch 22 problem that is impossible to do.

She wanted a bank book update despite the fact it had been done close of play the day before.

 

So, everybody you have a dilemma.

If you arrive at immigration at a time before your bank opens you are unable to have that bank update with you.

If you go to the bank at 9am then photocopy it then join the queue its highly likely you will get a ticket in the 20s ...maybe ok for some but you need the wife in tow and that can be a problem

I was told to update again and photocopy again and bring it back in the afternoon.

 

You dont think its stressful in the four weeks leading up to an extension until you get your passport back nicely stamped......then the euphoria kicks in, like the day you passed your driving test, you get those nice exam results. I feel like i have been on holiday in the last week.

 

But going back to the rapid decline in efficiency, the place was absolutely packed and for the marriage part they have only 1 officer dealing with couples.

I remember the crappy outbuilding where we used to go, only 5 yrs ago, they had 4 desks dealing with marriages.

Good luck to anyone about to do the same.

Did my Extension of Stay ,based on marriage, mid November .Strolled in at 10.30am and was first in the queue, waited 15 mins. wifey interviewed and all done by 11.50am; this included an unexpected trip to the bank for an update as banks letter from the previous day was unacceptable as proof of deposit. For 2018's application ,again rolled up at about 11am ,seen before midday and all done and dusted by 1.30pm.

It must be luck of the draw and my applications were dealt with swiftly and courteously,

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/20/2019 at 9:27 PM, blanes2007 said:

so how much was the agent fee?

So how much should one pay agent for marriage extention service assuming that all his docs are Okay? No one still responded to me 😞 

Guess 5 000 - 7 000 (+ 1900)

 

I'm just trying to figure out does it worth to marry my girlfriend and then apply for the marriage extention using 400 000 method instead of current 800 000 🤔

 

800 000 - 400 000 = 400 000 * 5% per year in Cambodian bank (actually 6%) = 20 000 saving - 7 000 for the agent = 13 000 net profit + no hustle and bustle

 

Am I right?

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, blanes2007 said:

So how much should one pay agent for marriage extention service assuming that all his docs are Okay? No one still responded to me 😞 

Guess 5 000 - 7 000 (+ 1900)

 

I'm just trying to figure out does it worth to marry my girlfriend and then apply for the marriage extention using 400 000 method instead of current 800 000 🤔

 

800 000 - 400 000 = 400 000 * 5% per year in Cambodian bank (actually 6%) = 20 000 saving - 7 000 for the agent = 13 000 net profit + no hustle and bustle

 

Am I right?

 

 

Most folks tell me that the marriage method is a real pain & no not worth it. I wouldn't give a dam myself about the lost interest but some might 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, cusanus said:

the marriage method is a real pain... 

...if do it by yourself. Yes, see the posts above. No way for me also.

 

But how about using the agent? Any thoughts?

Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, blanes2007 said:

...if do it by yourself. Yes, see the posts above. No way for me also.

 

But how about using the agent? Any thoughts?

Having done it myself 5 or 6 times I still see no value in using an agent even if it was only 1000bt.

I still dont see, what theycan do to expedite the process as all the required info you have to hunt for yourself.

The pain is the process in general a cattle market where you either get sold to live another day or get sent to the abattior.

The agent just holds the chain around your neck

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Happy 2020 all! 

 

My parents (US citizens) were recently told that the face that they are having 65,000 baht a month transferred from the Social Security Admin to their Thailand bank accounts would not qualify them for a Non O (retirement) and that Americans now had to show 800,000 Baht in a local bank account and not monthly transfers.  

 

It was made clear that this was for Americans only and was a "trial" ... of course some of that might be lost in translation.  Even our usual fixer couldn't get anywhere and she used to work at CMI.

 

I was going to send them to Savannakhet (where I got my Non O based on marriage) to get a 3 month Non 0 ... which our fixer then said could convert to 12 months in Chiang Mai.  This has of course left me banging my head on the wall at the stupidity of having to go to Laos to come back to Chiang Mai and convert a 3 month to a 12 month.  Instead of just doing it all here.

 

I am the first one to say never argue with Immigration.  But, I am just curious if I am getting all this right?

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Full sympathy for this problem, BUT this forum is not useful when an incompletely-detailed, open-ended question/scenario like this is posted! Best to go to a qualified agent with ALL of the details and as well as check with whichever consulate your parents went to apply for a visa.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Woke up an hour late at 7:00AM to renew retirement extension expiring 17th. Fried and gobbled five jumbo Thai eggs, s___, s___, s___ in a flash leaving a few cuts, grabbed the TM 7, two bank statements and copy of passport, hopped on my Filano at 7:20 for the 24 km trip. Stopped at a local branch to update the fixed 800k bank book. Should have gone back home to make a copy. Arrived 8:00AM, queue R9 as R1 was in progress. Not so personal or friendly, unfamiliar faces, new rules making it tougher on us poor farangs, so anxiety level was high. Concentration also still impaired from brain damage suffered age 7-8 after my second Montana K12 principal decreed that I must die. At least he's dead by now and I'm outa Montana, thank God.  

 

A couple of numbers had bailed, so mine came up early at 9:30. The IO berated me for not having a copy of the bank book and I thought I'd have to leave and come back, but he finally relented and made the copy himself. They do not like it when you don't have a copy of the bank book. I also had forgotten to copy the TM30. Have mercy on the walking wounded. Received my passport at 9:48. Blazed back home in time to meet TOT technicians who thankfully enabled my router for DDNS. Nothing can stop me now, hahahaha.   

 

On the side, got the cataract in my right eye removed at Suandok a few weeks ago. Payment required up front, but was now able to catch a glimpse of Nancy's world. An American lady was giving the IO's a really rough time, complaining that the border officials had stolen her cell phone, etc., etc., then she targeted me until I managed to slip away. Major schizophrenia. Just how did she get there and how would she ever get back? I would have taken her under my wing but way too much on my plate these days. Better call Nancy?
 

Happy New Year All!  

Link to post
Share on other sites

Cusanus, did you give the crazy American lady my phone number? I hope not; the tourist police are the best to get involved when someone is having a major crazy attack. They know where to take someone to calm down and then I can go see them at Suan Prung.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, cusanus said:

....Arrived 8:00AM.....Received my passport at 9:48.  

Actually, it's often better to arrive after 10:30AM (or even early afternoon) for a quicker experience.  Typically (except on days either side of holidays) the place is not so busy by 11AM.

But you obtained your extension in a total of an hour and 48 minutes....and only have to go through that once a year.  You'll survive.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, cusanus said:

Woke up an hour late at 7:00AM to renew retirement extension expiring 17th. Fried and gobbled five jumbo Thai eggs, s___, s___, s___ in a flash leaving a few cuts, grabbed the TM 7, two bank statements and copy of passport, hopped on my Filano at 7:20 for the 24 km trip. Stopped at a local branch to update the fixed 800k bank book. Should have gone back home to make a copy. Arrived 8:00AM, queue R9 as R1 was in progress. Not so personal or friendly, unfamiliar faces, new rules making it tougher on us poor farangs, so anxiety level was high. Concentration also still impaired from brain damage suffered age 7-8 after my second Montana K12 principal decreed that I must die. At least he's dead by now and I'm outa Montana, thank God.  

 

A couple of numbers had bailed, so mine came up early at 9:30. The IO berated me for not having a copy of the bank book and I thought I'd have to leave and come back, but he finally relented and made the copy himself. They do not like it when you don't have a copy of the bank book. I also had forgotten to copy the TM30. Have mercy on the walking wounded. Received my passport at 9:48. Blazed back home in time to meet TOT technicians who thankfully enabled my router for DDNS. Nothing can stop me now, hahahaha.   

 

On the side, got the cataract in my right eye removed at Suandok a few weeks ago. Payment required up front, but was now able to catch a glimpse of Nancy's world. An American lady was giving the IO's a really rough time, complaining that the border officials had stolen her cell phone, etc., etc., then she targeted me until I managed to slip away. Major schizophrenia. Just how did she get there and how would she ever get back? I would have taken her under my wing but way too much on my plate these days. Better call Nancy?
 

Happy New Year All!  

So was your renewal based on a non-o with no insurance reqd or......

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, cusanus said:

Woke up an hour late at 7:00AM to renew retirement extension expiring 17th. Fried and gobbled five jumbo Thai eggs, s___, s___, s___ in a flash leaving a few cuts, grabbed the TM 7, two bank statements and copy of passport, hopped on my Filano at 7:20 for the 24 km trip. Stopped at a local branch to update the fixed 800k bank book. Should have gone back home to make a copy. Arrived 8:00AM, queue R9 as R1 was in progress. Not so personal or friendly, unfamiliar faces, new rules making it tougher on us poor farangs, so anxiety level was high. Concentration also still impaired from brain damage suffered age 7-8 after my second Montana K12 principal decreed that I must die. At least he's dead by now and I'm outa Montana, thank God.  

 

A couple of numbers had bailed, so mine came up early at 9:30. The IO berated me for not having a copy of the bank book and I thought I'd have to leave and come back, but he finally relented and made the copy himself. They do not like it when you don't have a copy of the bank book. I also had forgotten to copy the TM30. Have mercy on the walking wounded. Received my passport at 9:48. Blazed back home in time to meet TOT technicians who thankfully enabled my router for DDNS. Nothing can stop me now, hahahaha.   

 

On the side, got the cataract in my right eye removed at Suandok a few weeks ago. Payment required up front, but was now able to catch a glimpse of Nancy's world. An American lady was giving the IO's a really rough time, complaining that the border officials had stolen her cell phone, etc., etc., then she targeted me until I managed to slip away. Major schizophrenia. Just how did she get there and how would she ever get back? I would have taken her under my wing but way too much on my plate these days. Better call Nancy?
 

Happy New Year All!  

So what, this website is for informative feedback, not complete BS !!

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • CharlieH locked and unpinned this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...