BANGKOK
CharlieH

CM Immigration Q&A (2018)

4 hours ago, NancyL said:

Good grief. Ten seconds with Google got me to this.  

You can tell this site is mostly elderly retirees. Read the link you posted carefully: 

...You have to register in order to use the online reporting. It is primarily meant to be used by hotels and etc but a few immigration offices allow individuals to register. This is the login  page for doing it. https://extranet.immigration.go.th/fn24online...

Ok, the online primary purpose is for hotels, guest houses, and such. Damned if I'm going to ask my wife to plow through a crowd of unknown individuals willing to bend the rules so she can beg to play hotel. If we had tons of foreign visitors it might be worth the trouble, but we rarely leave the nest; otherwise we'll just stop in at Immigration and say Hello as we always do when needing an updated TM30. But some of us are surely like you, Nancy, of the upper crust and could tell us which IOs are pliable and which are not and how to bend their ears. So let us know. THANKS!  

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

I have looked at the registration form which is in English

What I do not see is the required documents to submit with the form

Does anyone know the document requirements

There's no helping some people. 

I certainly don't know which IOs are "pliable" and how to bend their ear and am taken aback at the suggestion that I do.  I play by the rules. 

I find it very convenient to live in a condo building where the office staff files TM30 reports and updates for the residents.  Perhaps others should consider this option if they require hand-holding.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NancyL said:

There's no helping some people. I certainly don't know which IOs are "pliable" and how to bend their ear and am taken aback at the suggestion that I do.  I play by the rules. 

Sorry, Nanc. Don't be such a grumpy kitty. My comments related to the statements in the post you referenced, not you personally. The bottom line as I read it was that there is no online TM30 meant for ordinary folk, but if you have good enough reason, you might be able to get there if you can convince the right person. What I was looking for was something from the horsey's mouth pointing to an equivalent of the online 90 day report, but it seems there is no parallel there. I didn't mean to be rude, honestly.

2 hours ago, cusanus said:

Sorry, Nanc. Don't be such a grumpy kitty. My comments related to the statements in the post you referenced, not you personally. The bottom line as I read it was that there is no online TM30 meant for ordinary folk, but if you have good enough reason, you might be able to get there if you can convince the right person. What I was looking for was something from the horsey's mouth pointing to an equivalent of the online 90 day report, but it seems there is no parallel there. I didn't mean to be rude, honestly.

I live in a single family home...... I registered at the referenced sites.  I have made a report with the Android app and it is registered in their database.  I made the "report" from my mobile phone while sitting in the airport.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, hml367 said:

I live in a single family home...... I registered at the referenced sites.  I have made a report with the Android app and it is registered in their database.  I made the "report" from my mobile phone while sitting in the airport.

Hot dang. Really. I'll remember that. I haven't been anywhere in the last eleven years though. Well, except for two emergency trips to the US a couple of years ago to help out a friend. I will definitely give it a go the next time I go. Immigration isn't as personal as it used to be anyway. Thanks. 

On 8/22/2019 at 3:12 PM, Sparkles said:

Hi Lizard it was originally just a simple question from me that affected only my family members visit😥

how long are they going to stay if not long do not tell immigration how will they know if they find out plead ignorance no have TV. Never hear of TM30.

Is Chiang Mai Airport immigration known to hassle people with language tests and other things like they do at DMK and BKK?

I would like to return to Thailand from Yangon, Myanmar to Chiang Mai on a direct flight from Bangkok Airways.

I have been in Thailand for 5 years mostly on ED visas. Current passport has 1 tourist visa and 1 ED visa, both from Vientiane (and a bunch of related stamps and entry/exit visas). 

Nancy.  Are not you the 'homeowner' of your condo?  Unless some private arrangement in made with building mgnt, aren't YOU, as homeowner, required to file TM30?  Do you pay the condo mgnt to fill/file these forms for you?

I live in a hotel and 'own' no house. The hotel mgnt does all my Immig forms, as required.

6 hours ago, chingmai331 said:

Nancy.  Are not you the 'homeowner' of your condo?  Unless some private arrangement in made with building mgnt, aren't YOU, as homeowner, required to file TM30?  Do you pay the condo mgnt to fill/file these forms for you?

I live in a hotel and 'own' no house. The hotel mgnt does all my Immig forms, as required.

Our the office staff in our condo building, and many others, has signed up for the online TM30 reporting just like a hotel would.  They have the documents on file as to who owns what condo.  They file the TM30s for the residents, both the renters and the owners.  Nice service.  My condo doesn't charge.  Some charge a modest fee.  Ours might if we traveled a lot.  I never checked because we file about three or four times a year.

Any advantage in using an agent anymore at CM Immigration?

I have needed to use an agent last year and this for reasons I don't need to go into.

My experience: arrived at agent office yesterday at 1pm to drop off my 'stuff'. They suggested we could go straight to Immigration. We did. "Queue full come back tomorrow." Back at 9:30 as arranged today, account book updated again; has to be same day as application. Last year (Promenada) we went to a separate office at the rear for priority processing. This year joined the same queue as everyone else, waited for a queue ticket as everyone else, went to the same counter for processing as everyone else, waited for the boss to countersign as everyone else. Agent charged the same fee as last year.

Go figure ...

1 minute ago, Caspersfriend said:

Any advantage in using an agent anymore at CM Immigration?

I have needed to use an agent last year and this for reasons I don't need to go into.

My experience: arrived at agent office yesterday at 1pm to drop off my 'stuff'. They suggested we could go straight to Immigration. We did. "Queue full come back tomorrow." Back at 9:30 as arranged today, account book updated again; has to be same day as application. Last year (Promenada) we went to a separate office at the rear for priority processing. This year joined the same queue as everyone else, waited for a queue ticket as everyone else, went to the same counter for processing as everyone else, waited for the boss to countersign as everyone else. Agent charged the same fee as last year.

Go figure ...

I believe back doors now require larger amounts of money, usually if you don't have sufficient funding.

Nowadays most reports show around 10-15 minutes after getting a ticket you will be called to a desk and a few more minutes to do the paperwork, around 20-30 minutes total for extension of stay retirement and then a 2 hour wait for the boss to sign off.

Somewhere in the current extensive commentary this might have been covered, but a search didn't turn it up so...

Re initial extension of Non-Im O visa to be based on marriage, I intend to deposit THB400,000 to meet the financial requirement. Please clarify:

1. Must the funds be deposited into a Thai bank account in my name only at least two months before I apply for the extension?

1a. And after two months must the application be filed at least 30 days before expiration of the Non-Im O 90-day visa? Tricky math...

2. Allowed source of funds: Can I transfer the amount from an existing account in Thailand in my and my wife's names, or must it be from a foreign bank and a particular kind of transfer?

3. Three months after (application, final approval,...?; dates that can be separated by a month or more.) can the 400,000 be withdrawn in total with no problem?

3a. Then 2 months before the next extension, the money must be returned to my Thai account, assuming it was withdrawn. Do any caveats apply as per 2 above?   

1 hour ago, Ozziepat said:

Somewhere in the current extensive commentary this might have been covered, but a search didn't turn it up so...

Re initial extension of Non-Im O visa to be based on marriage, I intend to deposit THB400,000 to meet the financial requirement. Please clarify:

1. Must the funds be deposited into a Thai bank account in my name only at least two months before I apply for the extension?

1a. And after two months must the application be filed at least 30 days before expiration of the Non-Im O 90-day visa? Tricky math...

2. Allowed source of funds: Can I transfer the amount from an existing account in Thailand in my and my wife's names, or must it be from a foreign bank and a particular kind of transfer?

3. Three months after (application, final approval,...?; dates that can be separated by a month or more.) can the 400,000 be withdrawn in total with no problem?

3a. Then 2 months before the next extension, the money must be returned to my Thai account, assuming it was withdrawn. Do any caveats apply as per 2 above?   

I'm guessing a little, but this should be same as retirement except for 400k/200k instead of 800k/400k. Ok, AFTER the money has sat for 2 months (I'd definitely go for three to be on the safe side as that's what it used to be), you just walk in with your updated passbook, doesn't matter where the money came from, just show it's been there long enough and updated that morning (you might get away with a day or two before, but play it safe). Three months AFTER the date of renewal (why fudge), you must NOT withdraw the entire amount, but only 200k for the rest of the coming year. For retirement the new rules are you can withdraw half (400,000) and then MUST bring it back up to 800k two months prior to the date you walk back in to renew (better say 3). I always go in about a week before the extension expires, but I think you can go in much earlier than that. Of course, for marriage the amounts are 400/200, not 800/400. So, no, I'm sure you cannot withdraw the entire 400k, only 200k. Now, that's what always works for me except I leave 800k in a fixed account permanently, it's easier. For sure there are others who have a better grasp of these things, Nancy most likely can touch up the fine points. Anybody fine with 2 months prior to going in?  On 1a, I AM NOT SURE, someone else help with that. I remember going in anytime within the last month of the initial 90 days, but I don't want to steer you into trouble, so someone help us out there, please.