Jump to content
BANGKOK
CharlieH

CM Immigration Q&A (2018)

Recommended Posts

Used to be that doing business at CM Imm on a Monday was a no go if you wanted to avoid the crowds.

Today drove into the car park around 12 ish and parked in one of 5 spots available.Got a 90 day reporting ticket and was called up before I could even take a seat.

I realise we are in the depths of the low season but the whole place was barely half full and no desk outside

Increases in efficiency or just a reflection on the lack of tourists or permanent stayers who might have moved on ?

Staff appeared to be working through their lunch hour or taking it in shifts

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sparkles said:

Increases in efficiency or just a reflection on the lack of tourists or permanent stayers who might have moved on ?

Or more people doing 90 day reports online or by post. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think you have to give the Chiang Mai office credit.  I, too, have been there a couple of times in the past month, and operations were moving along smoothly.  I monitored the call board when I was there, and it appeared that no speed records were being set but the business was apparently being done in reasonable time, as reflected in a few comments preceding this one.  By the way, I also drove straight into one of several available parking lots around 11:00 on the second visit!  Yes, I agree.  It is the slow season.

 

I don't think that you can blame the CM or any local office for the TM30 problems, but climbing up to the third floor in Chiang Mai to register is unfortunate.  My guess is that those too challenged by the climb can ask for assistance from Desk #4 downstairs and will get it.

 

Unfortunately, I also witnessed an ugly farang losing his cool. Dressed well, too, in his wife-beater tee shirt, shorts and sandals.  The office is NOT the beach!!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, amexpat said:

Or more people doing 90 day reports online or by post. 

Well I am sure there are as I usually do but there's a whole host of other reasons to be there retirement and marriage extensions ,re entries, volunteer & student,education visas etc.

Anyway its all good news if it continues and the staff had  smiles on their faces.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Has anyone gone to CM Immigration in the afternoon to get a retirement extension?   Do they run out of queue numbers in the morning?  Thinking about going on Wednesday afternoon around 1:00.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Tracyb said:

Has anyone gone to CM Immigration in the afternoon to get a retirement extension?   Do they run out of queue numbers in the morning?  Thinking about going on Wednesday afternoon around 1:00.

Went Wednesday 28th August at 1.15.pm, received ticket for extension of stay and was the next number. Waited about 15 minutes to be seen.

Some hassles that were quickly resolved about 20 minutes in all to photo taken.

 

The 2 hour 10 minute  wait for the boss to sign off was not appreciated by the many that were waiting particularly as the rest of the office/staff was working as well and as pleasantly as I have ever seen it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Thailand said:

Went Wednesday 28th August at 1.15.pm, received ticket for extension of stay and was the next number. Waited about 15 minutes to be seen.

Some hassles that were quickly resolved about 20 minutes in all to photo taken.

 

The 2 hour 10 minute  wait for the boss to sign off was not appreciated by the many that were waiting particularly as the rest of the office/staff was working as well and as pleasantly as I have ever seen it.

Did you use the 800k or monthly transfer option? What were the 'hassles'?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Thailand said:

Went Wednesday 28th August at 1.15.pm, received ticket for extension of stay and was the next number. Waited about 15 minutes to be seen.

Some hassles that were quickly resolved about 20 minutes in all to photo taken.

 

The 2 hour 10 minute  wait for the boss to sign off was not appreciated by the many that were waiting particularly as the rest of the office/staff was working as well and as pleasantly as I have ever seen it.

Thanks for that info.  Sounds encouraging!  ( except for the "big-shot" sign off part.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, EricTh said:

Did you use the 800k or monthly transfer option? What were the 'hassles'?

 

 

Eventually, too complicated to go in to here but related to immigration's inability to recognise the various banks foreign transfer coding systems (Which apparently they had been told about twice in the previous month).

I was told it was OK, expected otherwise, and was right and had options available.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Thailand said:

Eventually, too complicated to go in to here but related to immigration's inability to recognise the various banks foreign transfer coding systems (Which apparently they had been told about twice in the previous month).

I was told it was OK, expected otherwise, and was right and had options available.

Did you provide the embassy letter as well as that is required for monthly transfers.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Thailand said:

Eventually, too complicated to go in to here but related to immigration's inability to recognise the various banks foreign transfer coding systems (Which apparently they had been told about twice in the previous month).

I was told it was OK, expected otherwise, and was right and had options available.

At my bank the official added a note to the letter stating that TRF is for International Transfer.

 

He said immigration knows this but will pretend they don't.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...