BANGKOK
CharlieH

CM Immigration Q&A (2018)

Just got back from Imm. for my "Thai Wife" extension.
Left the bank at 10:00 with letter and statement and was in the (long) queue at 10:30.
15 minutes later I was told that for "Thai Wife" must come between 07:00 and 08:00 and wife must be present too.
The ghost of Promenada is here!
We are back to the deliberate herding, for no benefit to anyone, with most applicants spending many hours waiting.

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, NotEinstein said:

Left the bank at 10:00 with letter and statement and was in the (long) queue at 10:30.
15 minutes later I was told that for "Thai Wife" must come between 07:00 and 08:00 and wife must be present too.
The ghost of Promenada is here!
We are back to the deliberate herding, for no benefit to anyone, with most applicants spending many hours waiting.

Were they also burning outside as well just to make the whole day?

5 hours ago, NotEinstein said:

.... I was told that for "Thai Wife" must come between 07:00 and 08:00 and wife must be present too.

Don't know about the between 7 and 8 but it seems quite frequent if not normal to require the wife to be there too.  Based on many reports.

The sham marriage for a visa got played too much and they are taking steps to reduce it.  Like the sham money deals.  If everybody was straight with immigration things would be much easier.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Dante99 said:

Don't know about the between 7 and 8 but it seems quite frequent if not normal to require the wife to be there too.  Based on many reports.

The implication is that you cannot queue up on your own and go back with the wife later, as we used to do pre-Promenada.

They appear to want maximum inconvenience.

I got my yearly retirement extension today.  No problems.  The bank statement was not necessary,  A printout of my banking activity for the the year was ok with immigration.  But next year when I go to Bangkok bank and get my printout, which comes from the main office, I will also request a bank letter. 

Lot of people at the IO yesterday.

Arrived 620. Got a seat. Forty-five minutes later they formed up a line of those seated people to get tickets. They looked at all your documents, the one they specifically looked for was financial requirements. Then issued your ticket/que number. They started before eight, but retirement desk started calling 10 minutes later than the rest.

I was up at the desk at 830, it took ten minutes. They did look at my Bank book, which I of course had and checked it against bank letter and bank book account print out. However once submitted, I did not get my passport back tell after 10. In fact, it was getting herd like, cattle pen, by that time so I did not get my reentry visa. I live in the south end of town it’s easy enough to drop in for that later.

Notes

Thanks – CMBOB – I got that bank letter the day before at KSK Bangkok Bank and was looking at it, scratching my head but, indeed it is nothing more than a total in your account as of that date. So bank statements are key if doing the 800K method. They were looking at most peoples bank book also. Bring it.

“The ghost of Promenada is here!”

Herd like atmosphere. I don’t know how it was at Promenada, or if it is returning to that condition.  I just moved back. I did run into an old guy from my ‘Nakhon Nowhere’. Good to see him, good to see he is alive and doing fine. We reminisced about a specific IO Officer, notorious for his moodiness, and petty behavior. This was out in the far frulueches where everything is supposedly good. (“they’re so friendly”). If you have a cattle pen, like CM, you have to move them along; ‘Rack them and Stack them’. There is a benefit to that. If your Docs are all there, have crossed your I’s and dotted your t’s (!), there is no time to go over with a fine tooth comb. That's a plus.

Edited by Dcheech

Went back this morning arriving at 06:45 to find Imm. open, all seats taken, it weirdly quiet and dark, with no-one at the desk, so what to do? A guy sitting down waved me towards the left, which was the back of the queue. At about 07:00 the seated queue changed to a standing line, with the usual jumping by the last few guys in. I was eventually given F2 with 90 days starting first, and all others serving from 07:40. We were seen at 08:10 and finished in 30 minutes, apart from needing to make a transfer into my account and update the book, which the wife did while I waited for my passport. Obviously a 22 hour old bank letter is not good enough. We left at 09:00.

The extra focus on finances for "Thai Wife" extensions is because they are getting many ex-retirement guys using 40K per month so they are insisting on the overseas transfers evidence, despite the rules not stating this. The first couple failed on finances and the 2 couples following us (both Asian husbands) were rejected quite quickly.

Attached is procedure for 90 day online reporting. Again, most of us have no trouble with this, but there are those who do. Be sure to do it at least 7 days before due date and less than 15 days, best during working hours and non holidays. It doesn't hurt to give it a test anytime since if it is going to fail it will do so on the first page of inputs and you can still abort on the 2nd page. There are also a few who simply cannot do online, possibly because they changed passport numbers since the last arrival card, we aren't sure. Included is the weblink for skipping steps one and two and the immigration home page for directly going to the 90 day online form which is HERE for your convenience: http://bit.ly/2J4tMB8

90DayInstructions.pdf

90 day online today tried 3 times with 2 browsers and failed.

4th try 15 minutes later worked.

So try a few times at different times before tossing it in. Better than a trip to the po or io.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Just happened to be chatting with the manager of a well known visa service and the insurance subject came up as a result of phone call rec'd.  Seems they interpret the new rules as to apply for all retirement extensions.

Interesting times ahead for those with renewals due next month. 

Just happened to be chatting with the manager of a well known visa service and the insurance subject came up as a result of phone call rec'd.  Seems they interpret the new rules as to apply for all retirement extensions.

Those guys often make things seem more difficult than they are. Makes more business.

He or his buddy probably just happen to sell insurance.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

my wife was told by a friend works there 

the money in bank for retirement and married was enough 

only for other visas that have no bond in bank/ for emergency's  cheers allan

• Like 1

On 10/15/2019 at 6:55 PM, Shouldhaveknownbetter said:

Need some help please.  I went to the visa agent to get an extension of my retirement visa.  I brought a printout of my Bangkok bank account showing all my international transfers.  The agent said the printout was not enough and I needed a bank letter and a Social Security letter.  I went to my Bangkok Bank in Maejo and they told me they do not give bank letters as requested by immigration they do not have the program.  Question to members, what Bangkok Branch did you use to get that letter?

No problem for the past eleven years at BBL Nong Hoi. They have a  template pro forma letter to which they add my details and print it off.  But do not forget the cream cake now, a little goes an awfully long way !

2 hours ago, McTavish said:

Don't believe it.

• Like 2

I didn't believe it either but a read thru of the law could be interpreted as including all extensions.  Those BMs due for extension next month will be able to report their experience.  I'm hopeful of a good outcome.

The lady I was chatting with on an unrelated matter does not sell insurance and is the principal of a long established business.  If it were anyone less qualified I would not be reporting this chat.