BANGKOK
CharlieH

CM Immigration Q&A (2018)

Oh so much guessing and speculation and so little facts.  You guys are a bunch of doomsday gypsy fortune tellers reading the future.  

Time to go buy 10,000 baht of lottery tickets.

13 hours ago, sqwakvfr said:

Einstein here.  Who is panicking?  I just posted something I observed at CNX Immigration.  Since those affected by the new police order are foreigners I thought(big mistake) an English copy would be logical(mistake #2).  TIT.

Touchy touchy. Everyone has a cell phone these days, just take a pic with Google Translate and there ya go. If you can read Thai, you are indeed an Einstein. Was it nailed to the wall really? 8 penny, 16 or what? Oh, it wasn't you who said nailed, I know. I'll be very unhappy if my friend who arrived three years ago has to suddenly fork over for insurance, super unhappy if the lack of an A doesn't get me off the hook. Meanwhile, this subject has been going round and round for six months so I'm just going to leave it in the hold box. If we gotta pay, then we gotta pay, but if this had been the rule 15 years ago I'd have gone elsewhere and dumped the equivalent of 9 million baht there. Unfortunately, it's going to be damn hard to pull up stakes now, especially with the statisticians predicting my death in seven years. Einstein was a physicist, not a mathematician, but I'm a mathematician, unfortunately, and the physicists are stuck in a black hole. One thing I recall is a friend having two major surgeries. She wasn't allowed to leave the hospital until the bill was paid. Myself, in nearly 15 years if I'd paid my own medical bills it would amount to less than $3,000 baht, unless you count dental since my implants and crowns cost 300,000 baht, but I paid for them happily out of my own pocket, thank you. Meanwhile, the doctors won't get their mitts on me and I'll make sure I subtract the costs of any health insurance from the amount I leave behind. 

• Sad 1

Touchy Einstein here.  There are people who still use flip phones, who do not read TVA or have Facebook.  I just spoke to one yesterday.  I mentioned Health Insurance and he has no idea what has been going on.  He has been here on an initial OA for 10 years.  He is in his late 70’s and his extension date is in December.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sqwakvfr said:

Touchy Einstein here.  There are people who still use flip phones, who do not read TVA or have Facebook.  I just spoke to one yesterday.  I mentioned Health Insurance and he has no idea what has been going on.  He has been here on an initial OA for 10 years.  He is in his late 70’s and his extension date is in December.  

I agree with you

Then there are others that sit on the computer from Dawn to Dusk

I only reply occasionally

I will wait to see what happens over the next few months

As what Immigration are actually going to enforce

On ‎10‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 6:15 PM, Dcheech said:

My 45 days before extension date rolls around this weekend. My money has been seasoning for more than two months. A couple questions as I have not done it this way before. Besides my other documents, I go to my bank and get;

1) Bank letter, (valid for 7 days)

2) A bank statements showing all activity in the account. In my case for three months  since I opened the account. ---------------------- I get these two from the Bank, the day before then 

I also need:

3) “A copy of every page of my passbook which I updated on my way to CM IMM early, very early, in the morning.” ---- copy from tracyb-----

That last one, I am not for sure exactly how I go about getting it. I have been told I need that done on the same day I submit my application/renewal docs.  Now just to be clear -  that is where you make a deposit or withdrawal on your account, showing activity (?) And then make copies of every page of the bank book. This is done on the same day I make my application??

If that is so, I have to wait until the bank opens, and then make copies at a copy shop when it opens. This will put me at Immigration at about 930-10 o’clock in the morning. At the earliest.  

My questions – Are all of the above steps correct for the 800K method? And regarding step 3. Is there any way to do that so I can get to immigration earlier than say 930??  I also realize I need to bring my updated bank book with me besides the copies to the IO.

Any help, advice, directions, appreciated.

Thank You.

CNX: I did 800K extension yesterday. My helper arrived around 7:30 AM with the documents and a POA and was told that I would have to come back in person to get a queue number. So I got there about 40 min later, got queue 9. My bank letter was from 17th but update on passbook was 15th, less than a week. IO said that they would accept if latest passbook update was 4-5 days before, so I had to go out to update passbook. The passbook had only monthly entries for transactions for Jul/Aug since I failed to update during those months, so the bank's 3-month printout was essential to show activity detail.

8 hours ago, cusanus said:

Everyone has a cell phone these days, just take a pic

It is against the law to take photographs inside government buildings with numerous signs at CM Imm telling you so.

Before you ask, no I do not have a photo to prove it, see above

Edited by scottiejohn
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, scottiejohn said:

It is against the law to take photographs inside government buildings with numerous signs at CM Imm telling you so.

Before you ask, no I do not have a photo to prove it, see above

My last few posts were tongue in cheek, but I guess that wasn't very obvious. The farang in question was apparently able to read the sign even though in Thai, the other fellow overheard a phone conversation, so I guess we're toast. Have had real trouble finding a use for my first cell phone, but took a photo of the directions for my upcoming hospital cataract surgery (insured) and it was translated almost flawlessly by Google. 

Edited by cusanus

19 hours ago, placnx said:

The passbook had only monthly entries for transactions for Jul/Aug since I failed to update during those months, so the bank's 3-month printout was essential to show activity detail.

I've never had a printout from the bank or copies of the bankbook. Last time I did my extension the IO simply scanned the last several pages of my book right there. Next time I will take a copy, though. 

Re entry – multiple re entry visa.

As there was too big a mob scene last week when I did my non O extension. What is a good time to turn up at CM immigration say on Wednesday or Thursday? Just doing the Re Entry nothing else. Mid-morning or 1330 ok. Or do I need to turn up at 0620   - Again (!!)

Do I get a ticket up at main office front desk again? Or shunted off upstairs? Any help for a newby appreciated.

Thanks

3 hours ago, Dcheech said:

Re entry – multiple re entry visa.

As there was too big a mob scene last week when I did my non O extension. What is a good time to turn up at CM immigration say on Wednesday or Thursday? Just doing the Re Entry nothing else. Mid-morning or 1330 ok. Or do I need to turn up at 0620   - Again (!!)

Do I get a ticket up at main office front desk again? Or shunted off upstairs? Any help for a newby appreciated.

Thanks

You may want to wait until after November 1.  This week will be busy as people try to do their retirement extensions ahead of the October 31 deadline for health insurance.  

90 Days Online

I've used it every 90 days for years

but last three days can't get past the first page then the msg to see immigration office.

Maybe system maintenance?  Anyone had success or failure lately?

I hope this is the appropriate forum - couldn't find a better one. 

5 minutes ago, amexpat said:

90 Days Online

but last three days can't get past the first page then the msg to see immigration office.

That's what you'll see if you're within the last 7 days before the due date or more than 15. Not exactly sure what the cutoff is. Also, I suspect there has to be someone on the other end, so holidays or after hours could cause a problem. If you've replaced your passport that would also do it. 

Thanks but none of the above apply. As I said I've been doing this for years. 

3 hours ago, amexpat said:

90 Days Online

Anyone had success or failure lately?

Same failure and I eventually gave up and visited immigration. I had 25 numbers in front of me but managed to get out in 40 minutes. That was arriving at 1030 mid week day after a holiday.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, NancyL said:

.......This week will be busy as people try to do their retirement extensions ahead of the October 31 deadline for health insurance.  

I take it you believe that people holding an O-A visa issued before November 1, 2019, have to obtain the insurance to obtain something (which I would guess would be an extension based on retirement or marriage given the "second" year of the O-A visa is only obtained by doing a re-entry into the country).  Presuming that's what you're saying or suggesting, why do you believe that?