CM Immigration Q&A (2018)

CharlieH

2 hours ago, Thailand said:

I have not been there but opening hours are now 6am - 8pm.

My friend was told by the agent this morning to get there around 6am and they would get a ticket for later in the day.

The member who pm'd me said a proxy took his documents this morning and got a ticket for him.

I still don't quite understand.

If we reach there at 7 am, does that mean that they won't issue any more tickets?

So the official opening hours is from 6 am to 8 pm? They actually start work at 6 am instead of 8:30 am like in the past.

Or is 6 am just handing out the queue numbers? but the visa officers haven't arrived yet?

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, vogie said:

I currently live just outside Pattaya and have been doing my reports at Jomptian, however my wife has decided that she would like to go live near her sister just north of Tak, just below The Bhumipol Dam, a village called Sam Ngao. The reports of CM Imm doesn't make good reading, is there any way to miss out all the queuing, maybe use an agent, and does does the online 90 report work ok there.

http://www.takimmigration.go.th/index.php

9 minutes ago, EricTh said:

I still don't quite understand.

If we reach there at 7 am, does that mean that they won't issue any more tickets?

So the official opening hours is from 6 am to 8 pm? They actually start work at 6 am instead of 8:30 am like in the past.

Or is 6 am just handing out the queue numbers? but the visa officers haven't arrived yet?

Read posts 213 & 214 in conjunction with previous posts.

A nice easy morning for a 30 day extension...

I had noted that days before and after weekends and holidays tend to be busier, so I opted for Thursday morning.

This is what I found:

-I arrived solely with my passport (visa and departure card) 

-No need to get copies or pics in advance as photos right next door are 100 baht (they give you 4) and copies are 2 baht each. Took 10 minutes.

-No lines out the door at 8 am. Line inside took 10 minutes.

-Chairs inside about 4/5 full.

-Given a ticket for the queue 7 numbers away, so I didn't bother with "happy queue" monitoring.

-40 minutes later, it was ready.

-No request for TM-30 but residence clarification was asked (room number of hotel).

They seem to look closely at residence information.

-No request for funds proof, though I was ready.

All staff were polite and professional. There was a freindly smiling IO outside greeting arrivals. There was a security guard in the lot directing parking.

I arrived at 7:45 am and was walking away before 9 am. 

...on my way to Airport Plaza, definitely walkable but unfortunately not open till 11 am...

Friend went to immigration Thursday to do a tourist visa to Non O 90 days.

As you may know this was previously a fairly long winded operation. Anyway, they got to immigration at 5.55 am yesterday, got ticket at 6.10am. Seen around 7.30 am ,home by 9.30am. Would have been earlier but they were missing one document. Said they could have arrived later as it was working quite efficiently there.

Went Friday afternoon to collect passport with stamp! Total 2000 baht for fee.

Tian across the road charge, or did charge (Last time friend checked), 18,000 baht.

3 hours ago, Thailand said:

Friend went to immigration Thursday to do a tourist visa to Non O 90 days.

As you may know this was previously a fairly long winded operation. Anyway, they got to immigration at 5.55 am yesterday, got ticket at 6.10am. Seen around 7.30 am ,home by 9.30am.

Wow. It seems that efficiency has gone up after Big Joke went there.

How about the retirement queue? Is it a separate queue or mixed with education queue?

Just hope this increased efficiency lasts,but like past

crackdowns in various areas,they never really seem to 

,let's keep our fingers crossed,if it slowly returns to

normal,the way it was,will have to find a few Chinese to

complain to Big Joke to return to Chiang Mai.those Chinese

have great influence,and Big Joke gets things done.

regards Worgeordie

On 9/26/2018 at 3:54 PM, Bill97 said:

With that line and weather an agent for most of them.

Or what I do which is pay a watcher who works there. I let them when I need to go and they call me in the afternoon if there is nobody waiting. Never takes more than 5 or 6 days before I get the call.

Sent from my iPod touch using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

On 9/26/2018 at 3:36 PM, bubba said:

OK, how about a 70 year old?

I'm 70, I don't mind a long line, have never had a bad experience in my 14 years in CM or felt the need for an agent. Not surprised that after years of complaining about Promenada that many will decide that was better. I did like it, fun to walk up to Rimping, lots of stuff close by. 

On ‎10‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 5:19 PM, cusanus said:

I'm 70, I don't mind a long line, have never had a bad experience in my 14 years in CM or felt the need for an agent. Not surprised that after years of complaining about Promenada that many will decide that was better. I did like it, fun to walk up to Rimping, lots of stuff close by. 

Y97

On ‎10‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 5:19 PM, cusanus said:

You are 70, don't mind long lines and never had a bad experience with CM immigration in 14 years.  Check your calendar because it is not 1 April.

1 hour ago, mrmillersr said:

You are 70, don't mind long lines and never had a bad experience with CM immigration in 14 years.  Check your calendar because it is not 1 April.

No, I left the <deleted> behind in the USA 14 years ago and to me this has been paradise, friendly people everywhere. I love going to Immigration though I have used mail for 90 day reports the last few years because it was a long drive from Sanpatong. Obviously, the nastiness found in the USA and western countries is in the genes and not the water because you find it here in the forum every day. Kind of fun to watch as long as you're not up to your neck in it, anymore. Thanks for the reminder! 

On 10/24/2018 at 3:51 PM, vogie said:

I currently live just outside Pattaya and have been doing my reports at Jomptian, however my wife has decided that she would like to go live near her sister just north of Tak, just below The Bhumipol Dam, a village called Sam Ngao. The reports of CM Imm doesn't make good reading, is there any way to miss out all the queuing, maybe use an agent, and does does the online 90 report work ok there.

The mail system works great for me. The online seems to be a bit tricky and unreliable. 

Stopped by today at 1200.  Immigration Officers were working(did not look like they were going to close for lunch).  To me it looked like things have changed. Also, the NOTIPs sign was clearly posted and NOTIPS is actually an acronym? I felt a little of hope for a positive experience when I extend my Ext of Stay next month.  

18 hours ago, cusanus said:

The mail system works great for me. The online seems to be a bit tricky and unreliable. 

Has worked perfectly for me the last 4 reports,the new web site is https,

so works much better,as before they signed their own security certificates,

try it out next time, Approved the same day.

regards worgeordie

1 hour ago, worgeordie said:

Has worked perfectly for me the last 4 reports,the new web site is https,

so works much better,as before they signed their own security certificates,

try it out next time, Approved the same day.

regards worgeordie

Did the system parse the website? Try it again? Try leaving out the slashes and use the word dot for the period. Well, non commercial websites should be okay, so maybe you forgot the rest of it. I think I've seen commercial sites in comments, too, but got trounced once for using a dot com link.  Anyway, maybe try again, I'd appreciate seeing the site and taking a look. Theoretically, it would be a lot easier since all I do all day is tinker with this idiot computer.  At least I haven't turned into a cell phone junkie. 

53 minutes ago, cusanus said:

Did the system parse the website? Try it again? Try leaving out the slashes and use the word dot for the period. Well, non commercial websites should be okay, so maybe you forgot the rest of it. I think I've seen commercial sites in comments, too, but got trounced once for using a dot com link.  Anyway, maybe try again, I'd appreciate seeing the site and taking a look. Theoretically, it would be a lot easier since all I do all day is tinker with this idiot computer.  At least I haven't turned into a cell phone junkie. 

https://extranet.immigration.go.th/fn90online/online/tm47/TM47Action.do

'Normal' service has been resumed!

We visited Immigration today after getting my '400K+' bank letter, to get the lay of the land for extending my 'thai-wife' visa, given all the recent changes and questiions about queue 'shut-off' times.
We arrived about 11:20 and were told by the girl at the desk on the right, outside the door, to join the queue. I was asked if my wife was with me and if I had all the paperwork, and then given what turned out to be the next number to be served.

The last 2 years at Promenada I had been turned away at this point, being told to be there before 8am to get a queue number.

We could see the couple in front finish being processed, but as it was 11:40, lunch was going to happen, so we sat back and saw most of the other desks continue through the lunch break. During lunch 3 IT guys turned up and were doing things with some of the left hand end computers, which impacted the after-lunch restart, but we eventually were processed in about 20 minutes, and I had my passport back by 14:30. While we were waiting just one other couple arrived for a marriage extension.

It seems that the 06:00-18:00 working window and no longer insisting on an early queue up has turned back the clock back 8 years to a time when you can walk in and get a marriage extension.

The only negative for me is the ridiculous parking situation, with total grid-lock at times, and while the spa over the road is available, the price is going up. I paid 20 baht a few weeks ago and today my wife was charged 50 baht. Somebodies bright idea of digging up the path to Airport Plaza, maybe to placate the taxi-driver complaints of tourists walking from the airport to get cheaper transport from Airport Plaza, makes that an unattractive option.

1 hour ago, NotEinstein said:

It seems that the 06:00-18:00 working window and no longer insisting on an early queue up has turned back the clock back 8 years to a time when you can walk in and get a marriage extension.

Wow! That's really great!

I wouldn't complain about the parking situation because there are many other options like blue RTC bus, red songtaew, friend's car and other nearby parking etc.

Most importantly is that I don't have to wake up at 5 am in the morning, find a chair to sit if I am lucky, queue up for 3 hours until 8:00 am to get the queue number and then wait half a day to get it processed by the officer which time seem to have slowed down. Also I have to watch out for queue jumpers who would sneak in quietly.

It was a terrible ordeal just thinking about the early 'ghostly' mornings at Promenada. LOL

Any recent reports on getting residence certificates at Immigration since the changes? Last I heard it took 4-6 weeks to process (for free), or payment of 500-1000THB could produce it in 1-2 days. Can't find much on this since the change of procedures there. 

I received this printout after signing the lease on my condo.

I have been so busy getting situated that I pretty much forgot about it.

To my. Understanding, this is my landlords registration for my tm30. I also see the badly translated text saying do not search further than 7 days from registration. Does this mean I needed to got to imm. Within 7 days of receiving this? 

If so do I need to request a completely new form from my landlord? 

20181031_084456.jpg

25 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

For those concerned about "Income Letters" 

Income letter download.pdf

This is a directive from Thai Immigration stating they are valid for 6 months.

Handy to have in your paperwork.

(Thanks to UbonJoe ) ????

The translation I read does not say that, it says "should not exceed six months" which seems to mean that it could be less perhaps at the discression of the officer?  Perhaps the problem is with the translation?  

23 hours ago, McClintock said:

Any recent reports on getting residence certificates at Immigration since the changes? Last I heard it took 4-6 weeks to process (for free), or payment of 500-1000THB could produce it in 1-2 days. Can't find much on this since the change of procedures there. 

Only processed between 0800-0900? Needs confirming.

Has anyone used the PRIORITY LANE method at the new building? I am not due until January for extension but a friend who was not even aware it was available and would like to use it in 3 weeks time now he knows .He is 78 and has been using an Agent

At Promenada it was just rock up on the day but as things change dont want give him the wrong info.He did ring them and failed to get a definitive answer.

Any personal experiences would be appreciated.He is not a TV member

1 hour ago, Sparkles said:

Has anyone used the PRIORITY LANE method at the new building? I am not due until January for extension but a friend who was not even aware it was available and would like to use it in 3 weeks time now he knows .He is 78 and has been using an Agent

At Promenada it was just rock up on the day but as things change dont want give him the wrong info.He did ring them and failed to get a definitive answer.

Any personal experiences would be appreciated.He is not a TV member

You would think the agent would have reminded him of that facility-not! :smile:

Best suggestion, call in and ask at the info desk at the front of the office, pick up a form at the same time if the service is still available.

On 10/29/2018 at 6:08 PM, NotEinstein said:

'Normal' service has been resumed!

We visited Immigration today after getting my '400K+' bank letter, to get the lay of the land for extending my 'thai-wife' visa, given all the recent changes and questiions about queue 'shut-off' times.
We arrived about 11:20 and were told by the girl at the desk on the right, outside the door, to join the queue. I was asked if my wife was with me and if I had all the paperwork, and then given what turned out to be the next number to be served.

The last 2 years at Promenada I had been turned away at this point, being told to be there before 8am to get a queue number.

We could see the couple in front finish being processed, but as it was 11:40, lunch was going to happen, so we sat back and saw most of the other desks continue through the lunch break. During lunch 3 IT guys turned up and were doing things with some of the left hand end computers, which impacted the after-lunch restart, but we eventually were processed in about 20 minutes, and I had my passport back by 14:30. While we were waiting just one other couple arrived for a marriage extension.

The only negative for me is the ridiculous parking situation, with total grid-lock at times, and while the spa over the road is available, the price is going up. I paid 20 baht a few weeks ago and today my wife was charged 50 baht. Somebodies bright idea of digging up the path to Airport Plaza, maybe to placate the taxi-driver complaints of tourists walking from the airport to get cheaper transport from Airport Plaza, makes that an unattractive option.

Good to hear your positive feedback on this and let us hope the improvements will continue.

As for parking why not park in the APP free bays?

Archived