BANGKOK
CharlieH

CM Immigration Q&A (2018)

2 hours ago, Tracyb said:

I want to confirm whether nor not CM IMM is requiring health insurance for ALL extensions of stay based on non IMM O-A visas, including those for marriage.  Is that the case?

Check out this thread, beginning with post #75. Saengd has changed her extension from retirement to married -- both based on a 2004 Non Imm O-A visa. She's now under the 30 day consideration, so it's not yet a slam dunk.

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1136904-getting-rid-of-non-o-a-specific-case/page/5/#comments

4 hours ago, Tracyb said:

I want to confirm whether nor not CM IMM is requiring health insurance for ALL extensions of stay based on non IMM O-A visas, including those for marriage.  Is that the case?

I make my marriage extensions yesterday.Have OA visa(2013) from beginning.After that many retirement extensions.No one ask after health insurance.Im now on consideration 30 days.

2 hours ago, anwa said:

I make my marriage extensions yesterday.Have OA visa(2013) from beginning.After that many retirement extensions.No one ask after health insurance.Im now on consideration 30 days.

So you made a marriage extension, if so why would they want health insurance?

38 minutes ago, roo860 said:

O-A visa even extensions, according to the latest information given at CM Immigration Office, just ask for the latest requirements

8 hours ago, NancyL said:

In the past it was very easy for people to "share" 800,000 baht.  I knew of three people who did it because the dates of their extension expirations were spaced out enough that they could meet the three month ageing rule and immediately transfer the 800,000 baht to their friend after they obtained their extension and then transferring to the next friend after obtaining his extension, and so on.  A problem developed when one of the threesome developed dementia and the man's partner cleaned out the 800,000 baht and disappeared.

This is probably why you will have to leave the money in the bank for 3 months and half for the duration of the extension. The source of new rules can be traced to other peoples cheating in many cases.

• Like 2

Just a well done for Thailand post & Immigration.

Sent 90 day report for er indoors by post Wed 18th a.m. received at immigration same afternoon! 

Confirmation received today 20th.Definitely the quickest ever. ! 

Registered out, 3 baht stamp on return envelope, total 21 baht. 😎

The rest of the processes at immigration currently not enamored with. 😐

Edited by Thailand

45 minutes ago, nichopaulcnx said:

O-A visa even extensions, according to the latest information given at CM Immigration Office, just ask for the latest requirements

Anwa  said he made a marriage extension.

Edited by roo860

2 hours ago, roo860 said:

Because it's a total goat ph*ck over at Immigration, where health insurance demanded for new Non Imm O-A visas issued abroad metastasized into requiring health insurance for all retirement extensions emanating from a Non Imm O-A, regardless of when issued. Then, one Imm Office decided that all extensions emanating from O-A visas -- which would include marriage extensions as well as retirement extensions -- required health insurance. So far, this appears to be an isolated case, and maybe an individual IO's policy, not the office's..... So, those of us here in Chiang Mai are monitoring results -- so far, sounds like marriage extensions off O-A visas will not require insurance. Next question, for those of us on retirement extensions: Is a wife cheaper than health insurance? 😎

1 hour ago, JimGant said:

Because it's a total goat ph*ck over at Immigration, where health insurance demanded for new Non Imm O-A visas issued abroad metastasized into requiring health insurance for all retirement extensions emanating from a Non Imm O-A, regardless of when issued. Then, one Imm Office decided that all extensions emanating from O-A visas -- which would include marriage extensions as well as retirement extensions -- required health insurance. So far, this appears to be an isolated case, and maybe an individual IO's policy, not the office's..... So, those of us here in Chiang Mai are monitoring results -- so far, sounds like marriage extensions off O-A visas will not require insurance. Next question, for those of us on retirement extensions: Is a wife cheaper than health insurance? 😎

Yes, definitely cheaper.

1 hour ago, JimGant said:

Next question, for those of us on retirement extensions: Is a wife cheaper than health insurance? 😎

To many debits and credits fried your brain Jim?

On 12/19/2019 at 6:08 PM, moe666 said:

Finished my extension of stay for marriage yesterday, I used a agent who I have used in the pass.

so how much was the agent fee?

What are the current photocopy attachments required with a TM8 Re-Entry please?

Many thanks.

7 hours ago, ProbPossConf said:

You will need copy of your passport Bio page, your current extension stay stamp, your TM.30, and don't forget a 4x6cm. photo for the TM.8 form.

Thank you.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, ProbPossConf said:

You will need copy of your passport Bio page, your current extension stay stamp, your TM.30, and don't forget a 4x6cm. photo for the TM.8 form.

In addition to the above (although the requirement for a copy of the TM30 seems hit or miss), I've also needed a copy of the last entry stamp page and a copy of the departure card (TM6).