Myanmar woman killed, 22 injured in bus crash in Kanchanaburi

webfact

Myanmar woman killed, 22 injured in bus crash in Kanchanaburi

By The Nation

กาญจนบุรี1.jpg

Picture: Spring News

A chartered bus taking students and teachers from Nakhon Pathom to give donations to underprivileged students at a school in Kanchanaburi hit the rear of a passenger bus on Tuesday, resulting in one death and 22 injuries.

Police said the accident happened on the Kanchanaburi-Thong Phaphum road in Ban Nong Ta Muang, in Sai Yok district’s Tambon Tha Sao.

A Myanmar passenger on the Kanchanaburi-Sanghlaburi bus, 56-year-old Gye Maw, died in her seat.

The accident saw both students and passengers of the Kanchanaburi-Sanghlaburi bus injured, along with the drivers of both busses.

The injured were rushed to Sai Yok district hospital.

Police said the chartered bus had been taking 24 students and teachers from Sukhon Thirawit School in Nakhon Pathom’s Sam Phran district to donate useful items and necessities to underprivileged students of Wat Dao Dueng School in Sai Yok.

The charter bus had apparently been trailing the passenger bus closely and, when the lead bus stopped to drop off a passenger, the charter bus could not stop in time and slammed into its rear.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30354216

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-09-11

Them private buses are the scourge of the roads. Everytime my son goes away with his school I'm always anxious.

I've been on that Sangklaburi bus many times and it never gets above 40mph, you know it's a service bus as well so it will be dropping passengers off, beggars belief that he could drive into the back of it.

Tail gating is fine in F1 or other motor sports in orderto get a drag advantage but then these drivers have hyper fast reactions.  As you can witness any day of the week at traffic lights most Thai's reactions are 10 sec less then average so tail gating here is a suicidal activity.

6 minutes ago, Esso49 said:

Tail gating is fine in F1 or other motor sports in orderto get a drag advantage but then these drivers have hyper fast reactions.  As you can witness any day of the week at traffic lights most Thai's reactions are 10 sec less then average so tail gating here is a suicidal activity.

Or tantamount to murder in this case

The wrong one died

So typical of Thailand, yet tragic nonetheless. All comes down to totally sh**e driving from someone who would probably have difficulty making a cup of tea. This happened just a few minutes from my missus's family home, beautiful part of the world, what a shame it had to bear witness to an accident like this that could have so easily been avoided had the driver to the rear engaged whatever brain he has in his nut! Let's hope he is dealt with properly, but I won't hold my breath.

RIP to the poor Burmese lady. 

As quoted (by a fawning sycophant?) in another Forum page:

"Actually, PM Chanocha is doing a magnificent job at one thing.

There has not been any protest or violence on the streets since he has been in.

That's one mighty task in itself. "

Sheesh - he cannot or is unwilling to stop 60-70 (on average) people per day being killed on the roads! Lame brain, dumb assed drivers/riders continue the slaughter! And he has had 4 years to do something! Mr Success personified ?

I have traveled on the Kanchanaburi to Sangklaburi service  bus several times and can imagine that the racing driver behind was feeling frustrated at not being able to overtake the slower bus. Had he been following at a correct distance he would probably been able to overtake the bus when it stopped.

Looking at the picture, it appears that he must have given the Sangklaburi bus a fair old wallop to knock in into the ditch,. I hope that the driver is given a prison sentence, ordered to give compensation to the family of the Burmese lady, RIP and banned from driving again. I can see no way of excusing him from this shameful act of bad driving

1 hour ago, Esso49 said:

Ha, you're talking about skilled circuit racing...on the the Thai roads common sense would be enough to decimate the number of accidents.

3 hours ago, oldlakey said:

A bus stopping at a bus stop, who on earth could have foreseen that

A bus stop or something else, there are various reasons the vehichle in front needs to break. Tailgating a bus (or any other vehicle) is just stupid, especially a bus because one can't see the road in front of it. Keep your distance! Almost got rear-ended today by a moron in a (not surprisingly) Fortuner.

8 minutes ago, Vacuum said:

A bus stop or something else, there are various reasons the vehichle in front needs to break. Tailgating a bus (or any other vehicle) is just stupid, especially a bus because one can't see the road in front of it. Keep your distance! Almost got rear-ended today by a moron in a (not surprisingly) Fortuner.

Many overseas countries have signage on the big vehicles. 

If you can't see my side mirrors, I can't see you..

Makes sense to me. 

Screenshot_20180912-120929_Chrome.jpg

19 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

and what you MORONS? 

RIP Myanmar woman who just wanted to live, another victim of the do nothing Thai government and police.  

It is the normal ,stupid,ignorant,driving tactics of the every day driver on any roads..Until Thailand has a proper police (with true knowledge of highway safety) patrolling the highways and roads of Thailand this will never change..50 years from now ? Maybe .

20 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

and what you MORONS? 

RIP Myanmar woman who just wanted to live, another victim of the do nothing Thai government and police.  

BUT they arrest a woman selling T shirts, so they are doing their job...……….JUST !!!

41 minutes ago, Vacuum said:

I wonder sometimes, in fact that's most of the time why I even bother

Then of course it all comes rushing back to me

It's for the incessant entertainment

3 hours ago, CanterbrigianBangkoker said:

Let's hope he is dealt with properly, but I won't hold my breath.

When have we ever heard of a bus or van driver being sentenced to prison in the wake of any kind of multi-fatality crash here, regardless of the circumstances??

Or for that matter, when have we ever heard of a bus or van company or its owners being prosecuted for running unsafe vehicles or unsafe drivers??

I can't recall a single instance in either case.  Murder and manslaughter with impunity.

28 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

When have we ever heard of a bus or van driver being sentenced to prison in the wake of any kind of multi-fatality crash here, regardless of the circumstances??

Or for that matter, when have we ever heard of a bus or van company or its owners being prosecuted for running unsafe vehicles or unsafe drivers??

I can't recall a single instance in either case.  Murder and manslaughter with impunity.

I can't recall either, but then, to be fair, I don't often follow these stories independently - through to the sentencing phase. Possibly because there isn't usually a sentencing phase, those who have committed the offense get off with a solemn wai and a paltry fine. The Thai court hearing / sentencing system is notoriously protracted and inept, so some of these cases probably aren't heard for months or years, if at all.

Until the system here changes and the good-for-nothing RTP scumbags, courts and local government are forced to get off their lazy a**es and do their jobs, then nothing will change and the innocent will continue to be harmed, killed or incapacitated and the guilty parties will continue to commit such transgressions with apparent impunity. A truly sad state of affairs and the #1 reason for not remaining in Thailand long-term, personally speaking. It's all too easy to remain apathetic toward the lack of adeptness of the RTP/Courts or the lack of justice brought about by them, until you or your loved ones are involved in and affected by that same system. I'll always love Thailand and will always come back, but you do need to be so careful here for the reasons stated above, among others. I have hope that these major national flaws will improve in the future, however, but as I said before, I wouldn't hold my breath until said improvements arise. 

5 hours ago, lvr181 said:

As quoted (by a fawning sycophant?) in another Forum page:

"Actually, PM Chanocha is doing a magnificent job at one thing.

There has not been any protest or violence on the streets since he has been in.

That's one mighty task in itself. "

Sheesh - he cannot or is unwilling to stop 60-70 (on average) people per day being killed on the roads! Lame brain, dumb assed drivers/riders continue the slaughter! And he has had 4 years to do something! Mr Success personified ?

Plus he has absolute power, and if that isn't enough, article 44.

22 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

and what you MORONS? 

Nothing changes ... so nothing changes.
Waiting for tomorrows crash !

Archived