Ao Nang (or other beach accessible without boat)?

fluffernutter09

Going to be in the Krabi area for only about 2.5/ 3 nights days in early November. I have an early flight departing KBV at the end of our stay - 8:00a or so -- and from my research it appears I shouldn't stay in Railay therefore, as originally planned, b/c it'll be very difficult (or maybe impossible?) to find a longtail to take us over to Ao Nang / catch a taxi to the airport. 

Assuming I'm right about departing Railay being a bad idea at 5a on our departure date... are there any beautiful beaches you'd recommend we look for hotels on in or around the Krabi area, that wouldn't require a boat ride? Looking for a place with clear waters / a good area for swimming; Ao Nang obviously has a lot of hotels to choose from, but I've also read it's super packed and the beaches aren't very clear / good for swimming.  (Is that true?)

Thank you in advance - I appreciate any tips/recommendations you might have! 

4 hours ago, kwak250 said:

Maybe that's why I didn't enjoy it so much as I had "baggage"

Koh Lanta. Although the ferry doesn't start until 6.00am, so an overnight in Krabi would be necessary.

Why on earth did you book a flight requiring you to be up that early, if it's a holiday?

Archived