Krabi in November

balo

I'm planning a small trip to Krabi in November, never been there , lived in Thailand for 7 years so about time I think. 

Is it true that the beaches are among the best and cleanest in Thailand , and not so much trash laying around? 

Is there anything to do in Krabi or nearby areas except for the typical tourist activities ? If you rent a bike. 

Are the locals nice or will they treat you like a walking ATM and pay extra for everything because of your skin color?   Thanks. 

Krabi town is ok but those lovely beaches I think are on the islands like Koh Lanta or railay maybe.

November will be low season so a lot of places will be dead and you may be seen as an atm by the bars who will be in survival mode.

If you rent a motorcycle I'd recommend lanta as it's a good sized island. Old town for breakfast. Salad an for markets. Kantiang bay for beauty and idyllic sea views and food. Monkey parks for a bit of wildlife and a few waterfalls in between if you like a little hike. If you like to chill like Winston it could be ideal too.

Long Beach is a lovely area to stay and has lovely beaches. 

Thanks , not sure if we're going to Koh Lanta but it's a big area so just need to find out what to do for a small weekend . 

November should be cheaper hotels , but you never know .

And you probably right , the locals will be desperate for some tourist money , 

On 9/11/2018 at 9:51 PM, balo said:

pay extra for everything because of your skin color?   Thanks. 

November is beginning of high season... and should that read... 'the color of your fur'?

If you want to spend, stay for a couple of nights at Centara... you need to take a boat taxi to get to the hotel, so, somewhat isolated but that is the point... 

There are boat tours that take you to many islands for an hour each and you can stand on a spectacular beach with 1000 other people for an hour and then go out on the boat again... so many boat tours that the boat needs to pull out so other boats can unload... but the scenery is nice... 

Dont know your age but I am 58 and enjoyed zip lining there last year eith my partner (Aonang Fiore resort) even though I had s fractured ankle after a moyorcycle accident the day before going. It dhould be great weather in November. If you are going with a partner I highly reccomend the above resort. If you get a cabin high up the views ate spectacjlar. The rooms are georgeous and well equipped. The Jaccuzi room we had was great for the missus as she like to lounge in the outdoor Jaccuzzi. If you gobto the Islands and get off the boat, thete is a whopping 400B charge to stand on the beach. Thai's are free.

I found it not worth it as I did not swim. However in saying that, the water was clean. 

There is a great little restaurant up a 100 yards across from the boat trip ticket booth near the beach in Aonang where we stayed, great food. Great night scenes on the beach. The zip lining made it for us, we laughed a lot and the young man who oversees the course is very nice and polite. We had a 4 night stay. 

Enjoy

• 2 weeks later...

Yes Ao Nang will be nice and very welcoming and certainly not dead in November. Koh Lanta is nice but many many places will be closed for low season so I would avoid it. Krabi town itself is nothing special in my eyes, just a town.
I live here and I have never had the locals shouting at me in Thai, nor have I seen the bars in ‘survival mode’
As with everywhere in Thailand you tend to be asked for more as a foreigner it I’ve not been seen as an ATM.
The area has a lot of water based activities like white water rafting, trips to local islands or kayaking amongst the mangroves. You also have the normal touristy things like tiger temple, hot springs, emerald pool, Elephant trips, ATV’s etc etc. There is some very good fishing at the world famous Gilliam’s fishing complex.
Lots of great places to eat all year round and plenty of seafood if you like that.
For beaches I like Pan beach which is very quiet and relaxing. Ao Nang and Noperhatara beaches are both nice but can get a bit busy for my liking.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

I,m a regular visitor to Ao Nang having a property nearby,good beaches,inexpensive boat trips and plenty of good eateries.hotels......I,ve tried Lanta on a couple of occasions....a very poor comparison and I,ll not be bothered going back there again.

Archived