Australia paper defends Serena Williams cartoon despite outrage

webfact

8 hours ago, giddyup said:

That equals as "post after post"? You always were prone to exaggeration.

You were responding to a post I wrote about insulting remarks post after post. I suggested you read Ivor's recent post as an example.  It is reproduced below.

Actually i thought the cartoon did her proud,she is far uglier in real life Sent from my SM-A720F using Thailand Forum -

• Replies 714
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, Spidey said:

So you've been reporting posts to the mods that don't agree with your POV and getting them removed? 

Says it all really, pointless making any further contribution to this thread.

Bye troll, hope you starve.

As far as I know moderators remove posts they want to remove and my opinion is not a factor.  You might want to ask for clarification. 

17 minutes ago, marcusarelus said:

Employment discrimination law in the United States derives from the common law, and is codified in numerous state and federal laws, particularly the Civil Rights Act of 1964, as well as in the ordinances of counties and municipalities. These laws prohibit discrimination based on certain characteristics or protected categories. The United States Constitution also prohibits discrimination by federal and state governments against their public employees. Discrimination in the private sector is not directly constrained by the Constitution, but has become subject to a growing body of federal and state law. Federal law prohibits discrimination in a number of areas, including recruiting, hiring, job evaluations, promotion policies, training, compensation and disciplinary action. State laws often extend protection to additional categories or employers.

You think the laws in the USA that protect minorities after hundreds of years of discrimination are disgusting? 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Employment_discrimination_law_in_the_United_States

That has nothing to do with what I said or the topic at hand. 

I can say it again but its going to be the same thing.

I don't TREAT others like an endangered species of animal or like a pet. I treat them EQUALLY. Telling people they can't make a drawing of blacks because they're too helpless to defend themselves or that they can't possibly handle it is TREATING them as LESSER-THANS or dumb pets.

It's disgusting how little lefties actually think of blacks and other minorities.

Just now, underlordcthulhu said:

I don't TREAT others like an endangered species of animal or like a pet. I treat them EQUALLY. Telling people they can't make a drawing of blacks because they're too helpless to defend themselves or that they can't possibly handle it is TREATING them as LESSER-THANS or dumb pets.

It's disgusting how little lefties actually think of blacks and other minorities.

The seminal post in this thread. Says everything about this topic and all the posts in it.

Thanks underlordcthulhu, clearly a like minded soul (except the Trump hat 555).

31 minutes ago, underlordcthulhu said:

You posted, "

22 hours ago, marcusarelus said:
  • Protected classes.  If you don't know why go back to grade school.  It believe it is covered in 7th grade. 
  • Race.
  • Color.
  • Religion or creed.
  • National origin or ancestry.
  • Sex.
  • Age.
  • Physical or mental disability.
  • Veteran status.

Sorry I don't treat others like an endangered species of animal, I think that's disgusting. I treat them like equals.

They are not equals by law in the USA.  In the US Employment discrimination law in the United States derives from the common law, and is codified in numerous state and federal laws, particularly the Civil Rights Act of 1964, as well as in the ordinances of counties and municipalities. These laws prohibit discrimination based on certain characteristics or protected categories.

3 minutes ago, marcusarelus said:

You posted, "

Sorry I don't treat others like an endangered species of animal, I think that's disgusting. I treat them like equals.

They are not equals.  In the US Employment discrimination law in the United States derives from the common law, and is codified in numerous state and federal laws, particularly the Civil Rights Act of 1964, as well as in the ordinances of counties and municipalities. These laws prohibit discrimination based on certain characteristics or protected categories.

You're really having a tough time understanding my posts aren't you?

Whoosh!

You don't need a decoder ring. Give my last one a few more reads.

6 minutes ago, underlordcthulhu said:

You're really having a tough time understanding my posts aren't you?

Whoosh!

You don't need a decoder ring. Give my last one a few more reads.

You posted you treat everyone like equals and that is illegal in the USA.  There are protected classes that get treated differently.  I hired people in the States that were less qualified because they were protected minorities.  It's the law and part of Affirmative action programs. 

Just now, underlordcthulhu said:

Nice troll!

It's not a troll it is the law in the USA.  Affirmative action means taking proactive steps, such as in the recruitment and search process, to ensure equal access to employment and promotional opportunities for women, people of color, individuals with disabilities and veterans.  That means you have percentages and quotas that have to be filled of blacks and women and so on.

1 minute ago, marcusarelus said:

You posted you treat everyone like equals and that is illegal in the USA.  There are protected classes that get treated differently.  

To Admin: Would it be possible to have a "facepalm" emoji added to the "like" button?

I really feel the need for one right now.

2 hours ago, marcusarelus said:

That means you have percentages and quotas that have to be filled of blacks and women and so on.

Yes because everybody wants to be that "quota guy" that couldn't get the job otherwise. The worst example of this are the women with no clue they're trying to forcibly push into CEO positions to get "gender balance". Disasters.

Equal opportunities in education should be enough. Everybody needs to make their own merit from there, no freebies just because you happen to be in a minority.

32 minutes ago, DrTuner said:

Yes because everybody wants to be that "quota guy" that couldn't get the job otherwise. The worst example of this are the women with no clue they're trying to forcibly push into CEO positions to get "gender balance". Disasters.

Equal opportunities in education should be enough. Everybody needs to make their own merit from there, no freebies just because you happen to be in a minority.

This becomes extremely difficult when you live in Idaho where there are towns where there are no blacks.  I used to live in Spokane WA and there were few black people.  The only ones I knew were the mayor and his granddaughter.  His granddaughter worked for me. 

However there are laws in the USA that seek to redress the wrongs of the Jim Crow era.  As a child I remember separate drinking fountains and transportation waiting areas let alone the problems during WWII.  So laws were written for America.  Not other countries.  But the media influence of America is so pervasive that the idea spread.  I don't care what they do in Australia.  However I don't think I am average.  Many Americans and others do care when there are racist images satirized in the media.  

The same things that are OK in Thailand like blackface and that toothpaste or the lawn jockeys would not fly in the US.  Does that make Thailand racist?  In America?  Yes.  In Thailand? No. 

The world/America thinks Australia is racist and they are correct.   Australia thinks Australia is not racists and they are correct.   

25 minutes ago, marcusarelus said:

This becomes extremely difficult when you live in Idaho where there are towns where there are no blacks.  I used to live in Spokane WA and there were few black people.  The only ones I knew were the mayor and his granddaughter.  His granddaughter worked for me.  

However there are laws in the USA that seek to redress the wrongs of the Jim Crow era.  As a child I remember separate drinking fountains and transportation waiting areas let alone the problems during WWII.  So laws were written for America.  Not other countries.  But the media influence of America is so pervasive that the idea spread.  I don't care what they do in Australia.  However I don't think I am average.  Many Americans and others do care when there are racist images satirized in the media.   

The same things that are OK in Thailand like blackface and that toothpaste or the lawn jockeys would not fly in the US.  Does that make Thailand racist?  In America?  Yes.  In Thailand? No. 

The world/America thinks Australia is racist and they are correct.   Australia thinks Australia is not racists and they are correct.   

I would imagine Australia and the world are not too concerned about this and have been able to move on. America (and you in particular), are stuck in a PC-hell timeloop and can never seem to let go of their faux-outrage. 

And I strongly disagree about the statement "world thinks Australia is racist and they are correct." Most of the world is an actual racist place and would wonder what you are going on about. I don't agree with it, but ask any Thai, or Asian for that matter, and they will matter-of-factly give you the hierarchy of humans based on colour. If you want to fight real racism, maybe better to spend your time educating the almost 3 billion Asian people that have this thinking ingrained into their culture.

1 minute ago, brucec64 said:

I would imagine Australia and the world are not too concerned about this and have been able to move on. America (and you in particular), are stuck in a PC-hell timeloop and can never seem to let go of their faux-outrage. 

And I strongly disagree about the statement "world thinks Australia is racist and they are correct." Most of the world is an actual racist place and would wonder what you are going on about. I don't agree with it, but ask any Thai, or Asian for that matter, and they will matter-of-fact give you the hierarchy of humans based on colour. If you want to fight real racism, maybe better to spend your time educating the almost 3 billion people that have this thinking ingrained into their culture.

Like I said I really don't care about education in Australia but I didn't think 3 billion people lived there. 

3 minutes ago, brucec64 said:

...ask any Thai, or Asian for that matter, and they will matter-of-fact give you the hierarchy of humans based on colour. If you want to fight real racism, maybe better to spend your time educating the almost 3 billion people that have this thinking ingrained into their culture.

Education can only mask the primitive herd animal instincts built into our simian DNA remnants. There's an inner racist in all of us. Some are in denial, some cherish it. My take is keep it in your head and at least try to not kill everything that doesn't look like yourself.

19 minutes ago, DrTuner said:

Education can only mask the primitive herd animal instincts built into our simian DNA remnants. There's an inner racist in all of us. Some are in denial, some cherish it. My take is keep it in your head and at least try to not kill everything that doesn't look like yourself.

Wow, that's a whole new education - science area.  I believe that was pretty much disproved in Germany after WWII.  Have you told anyone that the Third Reich is coming back? 

13 minutes ago, marcusarelus said:

Wow, that's a whole new education - science area.  I believe that was pretty much disproved in Germany after WWII.  Have you told anyone that the Third Reich is coming back? 

No need, these guys must be the offspring of Mengele https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/darwin-eternity/201306/human-herding-how-people-are-guppies

Reported post removed.

10) Do not discuss moderation publicly in the open forum; this includes individual actions, and specific or general policies and issues. You may send a PM to a moderator to discuss individual actions or email support (at) thaivisa.com to discuss moderation policy.

You will not block contact with moderators or administrators. Doing so will result in suspension.

Archived