Frenchman and his Thai wife sold a Pattaya man's pick-up after taking it for a test drive

webfact

Frenchman and his Thai wife sold a Pattaya man's pick-up after taking it for a test drive

1PM.jpg

Picture: Manager online

A French man and his Thai wife who were staying at a condo in Pattaya showed an interest in a Thai man's Ford Ranger pick-up that was for sale.

Wirot Jandaharn, 48, trusted the couple and let them take it on a test drive but that was the last he saw of them.

1PM1.jpg

Picture: Manager online

They disappeared from the condo and headed to the north-east of Thailand.

They were caught on CCTV going through a drugs checkpoint in Sai Moon, Yasothorn on August 30th.

They then sold the vehicle to a man for 75,000 baht and headed for a holiday in Ao Nang in Krabi.

Pattaya police and Pattaya tourist police managed to trace the couple to Ao Nang where they were arrested.

They were named in a Manager story yesterday as 57 year old Albert Bachtoula Cherif and his Thai wife Nannapas Krawin, 31.

They have been charged with theft using a conveyance.

They told investigators they did not know the name of the man to whom they sold the Ford Ranger.

Source: Manager online

2018-09-12

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News
  • Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good detective work by the Police, traced them from Pattaya,to Isaan,

then finally to Krabi, I expect the crooks never thought the Police would

bother to go to all this trouble to find then,and Big Joke was not even involved.

regards Worgeordie

1 minute ago, worgeordie said:

For 75,000 THB I am sure you wont get blue book.

regards Worgeordie

Might have been a bargain no one could refuse, but when it comes to taxing it there will be a ploblem, thats if they the new owner does that stuff..

My thought is they sold it to someone they know, perhaps her family...If so easy to find..

26 minutes ago, webfact said:

Wirot Jandaharn, 48, trusted the couple and let them take it on a test drive but that was the last he saw of them.

Who in their right mind would trust a couple of complete strangers to test drive their car alone without accompanying  them?  A little bit naïve me thinks... 

Archived