Frenchman and his Thai wife sold a Pattaya man's pick-up after taking it for a test drive

webfact

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, ezzra said:

Send them to the bastille and bring the guillotine out from the mothballs...

7 hours ago, ezzra said:

Send them to the bastille and bring the guillotine out from the mothballs...

Sorry, the Bastille was torn down during the French Revolution (1789). Fortunately, they probably still have a few guillotines.

•  

“Trust them”? Haha . And as ever the “ health mask” used to hide their shame

I believe the masks were over the faces of the Thai, legitimate owner of the truck & his wife, 

who was probably too embarrassed, ... after trusting a farang who stole from him and his wife.

I say this judging from the military hair cut.

The other photo shows a farang with no mask.

Did I miss something

7 hours ago, transam said:

Blue book......?  ?

They then sold the vehicle to a man for 75,000 baht and headed for a holiday in Ao Nang in Krabi.

this man deserve to lose his money anyway to think you can buy a ford ranger here for 75,000 baht without the blue book.

7 hours ago, Dmaxdan said:

Who in their right mind would trust a couple of complete strangers to test drive their car alone without accompanying  them?  A little bit naïve me thinks... 

Thais can be very naive / stupid at time, especially when money signs roll around in their eyes, and they think they have a taker for the sale.

7 hours ago, Dmaxdan said:

Who in their right mind would trust a couple of complete strangers to test drive their car alone without accompanying  them?  A little bit naïve me thinks... 

At least demand that you hold their ID cards or passport.

Another pair of oxygen thieves giving normal law abiding expats a bad name and helping to tighten the screw for all. Toss his arse in jail for a while and then send the scumbag back to whence he came. As for the girlfriend...as you see fit, because she is a local. 

11 hours ago, transam said:

Might have been a bargain no one could refuse, but when it comes to taxing it there will be a ploblem, thats if they the new owner does that stuff..

My thought is they sold it to someone they know, perhaps her family...If so easy to find..

Or they just drive or somehow move it over to a neighboring country or a chop shop or whatever

14 hours ago, transam said:

Might have been a bargain no one could refuse, but when it comes to taxing it there will be a ploblem, thats if they the new owner does that stuff..

My thought is they sold it to someone they know, perhaps her family...If so easy to find..

As shocking as it may sound.  But many locals do not have a problem buying bikes or cars without a book(stolen) , only because they can get away with it.

if and when going through a checkpoint, tax expired 500-1000 baht fine, after paid just keep on driving .

very rarely cops would also ask for blue/green book and even when asked and fail to produce it’s an extra 500-1000 fine as once again cops do not run any checks .

Up in isaan villages can drive/ride one most likely for 20 years without being pulled if one knows the usual check points.

2 hours ago, ratcatcher said:

albert.jpg.f2bfd4280d4968d9fcb0267debee95f3.jpg

If the man is holding a French passport then he is probably a French citizen, maybe from one of the former N.African colonies. His name is irrelevant.

absolutely.

but the Thai word "farang" is not about passport nationality.

16 minutes ago, Jingjock said:

Yes he is farang means foreigner, look it up on internet

From wikipedia:

" The word farang is from Persian word farang (فرنگ) or farangī (فرنگی), refers to Franks, the major German tribes ruling Western Europe. In Middle East, South Asia and Southeast Asia "Farang" refers to Europeans. "

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Farang

Maybe you should throw away your dictionary. It's rubbish.

BTW, "foreigner" in Thai is "khon tangchart"

Archived