Visa agent for retirement extension.

Considering going with an agent to apply for an extension on my non immigrant O visa (based on retirement). The agent I contacted advised that the address registered for me will be in North-east Thailand. I presently live in Bangkok. Could anyone advise, based on experience, if this may present an issue when re entering Thailand with the boys and girls in brown at the airport immigration counters in Bangkok?

Edited by johnny1966
wrong

I would be concerned. I assume they are planning on getting you an extension without your presence at the immigration office providing the extension. This is contrary to current expected procedure, and also gives you no assurance that the stamps in your passport are genuine.

There are agents who can arrange reliably genuine extensions in Bangkok. This involves your brief attendance at Chaeng Wattana, but a good agent can ensure that you have priority queuing, and will ferry you to and from immigration at the appropriate time.

If you decide to use an agent, do not choose the agent purely based on price. An extra 2,000 baht or so can make an enormous difference to your peace of mind.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, overherebc said:

Where would you do 90 day reports ?

By post to NE or on line.

Would TM 30 TM 28's come into it?

The company has advised they will do the 90 day reports for me. Regarding reentering Thailand via the airport, I assume that immigration officers would take note that the address on my TM forms may not match the NE address on the retirement visa and that this may in turn cause a problem.

45 minutes ago, johnny1966 said:

The company has advised they will do the 90 day reports for me. Regarding reentering Thailand via the airport, I assume that immigration officers would take note that the address on my TM forms may not match the NE address on the retirement visa and that this may in turn cause a problem.

The IO will not be bothered that the address given on entry doesn’t match another address on file. It is meant to be the address you will be staying at on re-entry which could, legitimately, be anywhere.

You should be more worried about the fraudulent address being used to apply for the extension of stay, and the subsequent 90 day reports claiming you live somewhere you don’t. As suggested above — you should look at using a local agent that will use your actual address.

Edited by elviajero
  • Like 2