BANGKOK 26 April 2019 09:32
Juri1

Udon Thani Walkable?

I'm wondering if it's feasible to stay in Udon Thani for two months without a car or motorbike? Are the city streets walkable, or heavy traffic all over? 

Would you recommend I look for condos in any particular area? I'm generally interested in eating, walking, and going to bars. 

• Haha 1

Lumpini Condo or The Base are two good condos and Airbnb has rental listings.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Have a butchers at the new development in the Chinese quarter. Nice properties; bigger than average. Opposite the koi carp pond.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Juri1 said:

I'm generally  interested in eating, walking, and going to bars.

I live since many years, 67 km away and am therefore often there, my nearest bigger town, but -  I would not choose Udon Thani for that ?  "interested in eating, walking, and going to bars."

• Like 1

If you stay at Lumpini condo you have everything you need in walking range (UD town, Central Plaza, bars...)

If you want to go a bit more outside for whatever reason you can usually take a song teaw, so it's ok without transport

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AmericanMike said:

I have a motorbike there and hardly use it.  Mostly when getting groceries.  Very easy to rent a bike if you decide.  What everyone has already said covers most everything but I wanted to add the following.  Get a room for a few days as you carefully walk around and look for the best room for you and in the best location for you.  I wouldn't recommend some of the places others here are recommending if you will be walking everywhere, but also really depends upon what things you will be doing as everyone is different.  

Just get a room for a few days and go out to explore and spend time checking on every apartment building you see that's in the area you like.  There are some really nice yet extreme cheap rooms available in the very heart of the entertainment area, but you should look around to find the best one for you.

Agree with the above and I would suggest the OP stays at Top Mansion for a few days anyway,  Will enable him to be in the heart of things and also able to pick up a room to rent quite easily.