Udon Thani Walkable?

Juri1

On 9/16/2018 at 4:58 PM, jackdd said:

There are at least 4: Lumpini, Base, Aspire, Kalpapruek

Theres heaps more like about 20 if you include the wider area. Add tip placeplenty of condo/apartment buildings mostly/all thai folk but expect your contract to be drawn up on pen and paper in thai. Quick search on thai apartment or dd house etc will pull up a whole list.

2 hours ago, shaggy851 said:

If more than 5 -10 mins away from the bar soi, central shopping mall etc or if you have any other interests apart from the above then get a motorbike. If you travel inter province to nong khai phon phisai so phisai bung kan or so on, then maybe get a car. I used to just hire a car everytime i landed which was costly. In the meantime i hired a motorbike for 200b a day if in town. I rented an apartment in udon for a while which was near a tesco lotus and the big highway but nothing else.

that said there is tuk tuks around and there is buses that can take you to other provinces if you dont mind risking your life with the minivan madness and what not. Take walks to or around nong prajak public see the famous duck lol.

Bus service is excellent and dirt cheap if you want to go to other areas. I’ve even got the train from Udon to Nong Khai for the experience. Worth doing. As you say motorbikes are for hire in the bar soi and surrounding areas. All the big names car hire places are at the Airport and many shops around the town itself. 

On 9/21/2018 at 1:47 AM, shaggy851 said:

If more than 5 -10 mins away from the bar soi, central shopping mall etc or if you have any other interests apart from the above then get a motorbike. If you travel inter province to nong khai phon phisai so phisai bung kan or so on, then maybe get a car. I used to just hire a car everytime i landed which was costly. In the meantime i hired a motorbike for 200b a day if in town. I rented an apartment in udon for a while which was near a tesco lotus and the big highway but nothing else.

that said there is tuk tuks around and there is buses that can take you to other provinces if you dont mind risking your life with the minivan madness and what not. Take walks to or around nong prajak public see the famous duck lol.

Would've been sweet. Unfortunately I don't have any license/experience 

Archived