Yala policeman accused of mistakenly shooting dead innocent Muslim man

webfact

By The Nation

1-28-768x429.jpg

Picture: Bright TV

A policeman had to be rushed away from a shooting scene in Yala's Muang district early on Thursday after he allegedly shot dead a Muslim man after mistaking him for a drug suspect.

Muang Yala police were told of the shooting incident and sent officers to the scene where they found the body of Ahama Mong-sa-a, 33, a resident of Yala’s Raman district.

Station commander, Pol Col Prawit Chorseng, said the man had apparently been shot by an officer in the narcotics suppression team from Yala provincial head office.

Prawit said the team had been pursuing a group of youngsters when the shooting happened.

Angry witnesses told Muang police that Ahama happened to walk out of a noodles restaurant when the drug suppression officers arrived.

The drug team tried to arrest him but he became frightened and tried to run away, whereupon a policeman fired one fatal shot. The officer was immediately rushed away from the scene, witnesses said.

Prawit said police would investigate the incident thoroughly and promised justice for both sides.

He declined to give the name of the policeman in question.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30354361

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-09-13

8 hours ago, webfact said:

A policeman had to be rushed away from a shooting scene in Yala's Muang district early on Thursday after he allegedly shot dead a Muslim man after mistaking him for a drug suspect.

I'm wondering if he had mistakenly shot a Catholic would the media report that Yala policeman accused of mistakenly shooting dead innocent Christian man?

...innocent Buddhist man? 

...innocent Jewish man? 

...innocent Atheist man? 

Just wondering.  ?

The Yala cop's probably padding his resume with the hopes of becoming a cop in the US. 

Some racial posts and answers to them have been removed.

11) You will not post slurs, degrading or overly negative comments directed towards Thailand, specific locations, Thai institutions such as the judicial or law enforcement system, Thai culture, Thai people or any other group on the basis of race, nationality, religion, gender or sexual orientation.

On 9/13/2018 at 12:09 AM, webfact said:

This is the second report today that a dead person was shot dead.  The other was a widow in the same part of the country.  Again, I question why a somebody would shoot a dead person?  Odd things happen in the world but the strangest seem to be in Thailand.

'nuf sed

15 minutes ago, wotsdermatter said:

...  Again, I question why a somebody would shoot a dead person?  Odd things happen in the world but the strangest seem to be in Thailand. ...

"I thought I saw him moving."

"I wanted to make sure he wasn't faking it."

"I don't get much practice time, and I thought it wouldn't make any difference."

The perp failed to identify himself as dead when challenged by the officer.

On 9/14/2018 at 3:10 PM, Damrongsak said:

"I thought I saw him moving."

"I wanted to make sure he wasn't faking it."

"I don't get much practice time, and I thought it wouldn't make any difference."

The perp failed to identify himself as dead when challenged by the officer.

You forgot to include, Answer the question, is it;

A

B

C

D

All of the above

None of the above

Some of the above but not sure which combination.

If it is a Thai that who is answering the question, then anything could go.

'nuf sed

On 9/13/2018 at 7:42 PM, LammyTS1 said:

He tried to run away. Why If he was innocent?

Because the South is under martial law where there is no such thing as "innocent."

Given the military's history for use of "enhanced interrogation techniques" on suspects in the South, you'd run too.

Archived