Thai tattooist having a laugh or just cruel?! Farangs' terrible tattoos go viral!

webfact

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 9/17/2018 at 10:14 AM, Destiny1990 said:

Maybe its time Thailand shifts back to our Alphabet.

Shifts back? 

When did Thailand ever use the Roman alphabet?

Thai script perfectly fits Thai pronunciation of their own language, our alphabet can't do it.

2 minutes ago, duanebigsby said:

Shifts back? 

When did Thailand ever use the Roman alphabet?

Thai script perfectly fits Thai pronunciation of their own language, our alphabet can't do it.

Its just a hassle..and makes it harder for thai kids to learn English if they dont drop the thai letter signs..

abcde is the way to go.

Pom tjob duum mangoshake toek wan..

something like that u will get. 

Just now, Destiny1990 said:

Its just a hassle..

A hassle for you.

Do you want the entire world to ditch their scripts, Cyrillic,Japanese, Laos, Khymer Arabic, Mandarin, Korean, Indian languages, etc or any other script that doesn't involve the Roman alphabet because it's a hassle?

6 minutes ago, duanebigsby said:

A hassle for you.

Do you want the entire world to ditch their scripts, Cyrillic,Japanese, Laos, Khymer Arabic, Mandarin, Korean, Indian languages, etc or any other script that doesn't involve the Roman alphabet because it's a hassle?

Yes will make it easier to understand the shop and road signs and while we at it drive on the right side of the road in all countries.

2 minutes ago, Destiny1990 said:

Yes will make it easier to understand the shop and road signs and while we at it drive on the right side of the road in all countries.

Basically, you want the entire world to drop what they're doing to conform to your home county's standards to make life easier for us expats. Good Grief!!!

I think that what could be happening with some of these strange random tattoos like 'spring rolls' or 'chicken noodle soup' is the foreigner tries to explain to the Thai tattooist some English, hard to translate phrase he wants and rather than translate it wrong or say he can't translate it and lose the business, the tattooist just puts some benign phrase down which the customer is unaware of.

3 hours ago, Destiny1990 said:

Its just a hassle..and makes it harder for thai kids to learn English if they dont drop the thai letter signs..

abcde is the way to go.

I don't understand a word you just tried to convey.

It makes zero sense to use English phonetics to approximate Thai language.

You've heard the mispronounced word for island over and over because transliteration spells ir koh.

20 hours ago, Destiny1990 said:

abcde is the way to go.

I think the Thai alphabet is well suited to its purpose. But there's still room for improvement in the written version of this language.

1. Spaces between words. Please. 
  2. No more implied vowels... such as มหานคร which is mhankhn to my untrained eye...

21 hours ago, Destiny1990 said:

abcde is the way to go.

They do it in Vietnam with all the `^'s for tones. Dunno if they like to drink mangoshakes every day though.

17 hours ago, duanebigsby said:

I don't understand a word you just tried to convey.

It makes zero sense to use English phonetics to approximate Thai language.

You've heard the mispronounced word for island over and over because transliteration spells ir koh.

Yup  island just means Koh very simple.

we could easily learn and understanding Thai language much better if the shift to the ABCD’S...

Also then Thais much faster learn English if they familiar with Abcde..

On 9/13/2018 at 1:09 PM, kotsak said:

That's the price you pay for having a tattoo written in a language you can't read. ?

Some years back when I owned an import gift store with my Chinese partner and Tat's were just beginning to hit the gen-pop, people would come into the store and ask about Chinese characters.One day a young and burly muscle bound fellow wandered in and proudly displayed his newly minted tat of Chinese characters on his neck and asked my partner what they meant.....looking closely at them she then said "are you sure you want to know"? he then retorted back with "well I do know,its strength,bravery and honor"....sorry, not those characters,a direct translation from my partner was...."the owner is a fool"....The look on the dudes face was priceless!

In later years that incident gave me the epiphany for a start-up business in tattoo removal...I named it 'The Fool I Used To Be'. Selling the franchise I have since retired comfortably in Thailand. Amen ????

On 9/16/2018 at 12:35 PM, pistonbroke said:

On my first trip to the LOS I spent some time with a local lass who’s company was not completely free. She told me of a new girl who wanted to decorate herself with some ink to be the same as the big girl and it was suggested why don’t you get “no money , no honey”
On her return to the bar she proudly showed off her new tattoo.
The tattooist had written
“No money, no horney “ !
They laughed and they laughed.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

The Thais are very clever they way they can make puns and jokes in English and Thai.

On 9/13/2018 at 2:10 PM, scubascuba3 said:

I was in a gogo the other day and one girl had "f*** arse" on her arse cheeks, she didn't know what it meant when it was done. Another dodgy farang got his name tattooed on a girls pelvis. So it goes both ways. Maybe the op are examples of revenge

There was a Japanese guy a few years back that had his name tattooed on a lot of the bar girls down pat pong. He was paying to brand them and many apparently had no problem or no foresight to go along with it.

i had a chines tat done in Holland, before i had it done i went into 2 chinese restaurants and pointed to the piece of paper it was written on and said *what does that say* they both said  JENNY sorted, if it said spare rib and chips i would not have minded , get pissed , go into a chinky on the way home and just point to my arm,, ha ha

19 hours ago, mercman24 said:

got HMS on my todger when he wakes up it spells HAMMERSMITH (sorry)

Got a dollar bill on mine so I can watch my money grow, so I can play with my money and then I dont care when the gals just blow my money....

Archived