Questions about Bank Letter from Kasikorn

narkeddiver

Hi,

Has any had any experience in getting a bank letter for a visa extension for the Kasikorn branch on the basement / ground floor of airport plaza?

I’m interested in how much it costs and how long it takes them to do it. Also are there any days that they are unable to do it?

Thanks in advance

You can get the statement in every branch, my account was opened in Chonburi and got the statement in Big C branch at Hangdong road.

You will need your account book, your passport and the fee, which was 120 THB if my memory serves me right, they can do it anytime at the service counter and it takes approx. 15 min after your que number is called.

19 minutes ago, Charly2008 said:

You can get the statement in every branch, my account was opened in Chonburi and got the statement in Big C branch at Hangdong road.

You will need your account book, your passport and the fee, which was 120 THB if my memory serves me right, they can do it anytime at the service counter and it takes approx. 15 min after your que number is called.

As always in Thailand there are exceptions to this rule. I needed the letter in June this year, went to Kasikorn Tesco Jomtien. After 10 minutes my queue number came up, was told that I have to go to Central Festival (about 10km distance) , as it was the branch the account was opened. The year before it was possible in Jomtien. 
Cost in Pattaya is 200 THB with receipt. 
Also to get a regular ATM card from Kasikorn (without self renewing inflated insurance packages) is very hard to archive. 

I'm 15 years Customer with Kasikorn but I think I will change to a different bank soon.

12 hours ago, narkeddiver said:

Thanks guys - I’ll pop into the Kasikorn at Maya over the weekend and see if they can do it - the worse that can happen is that they’ll send me off the Airport Plaza

FYI, Bangkok Bank only charge 100 baht , it's not a big difference so it's up to you.

6 hours ago, WorriedNoodle said:

Is that for the letter and a 3 month statement? KBank charged me 100THB for letter and another 100THB for statement.

It is just a letter.

Why do we need statement when we can just photocopy the bank book pages?

We've been told at 2 Kasikorns that we need to go  to our branch which we opened the account (Tapae in our case), each year it costs 100 baht, this year they would not certify the amount the same day we went in but the day of our last transaction prior (in our case 12  days previous to the date the letter was signed), since that wouldn't have met the 7 day requirement I had to go back the next day, best if you do something even top up your phone the day before you want the letter written,, We've been at K bank 10 years but we were told this is their new rule beginning this year

Archived