The 90 day reporting mailing procedure

You can do the mailed report within a window of 15 to 7 days before the report date. It must be received by immigration by the 7 days before date. Only a TM47 form is needed and some copies.

Info for doing them in Chiang Mai is here.

• Thanks 1

When I send to Chaeng Wattana I have to send in At least 15 days in Advance, or I get a red stamp saying "Next time, Please send 15 days before due date.  Last time I did send in 18 days in Advance and they even signed signed out the registered document 16 days in advance, and I still got this stamp.

Another irritating thing is that on their homepage is says "Your new form will be stamped as of the expiration date of your old receipt" This has never worked and I loose about a week of every 90 day report.

Screen Shot 2018-08-30 at 12.22.39.png

IMG_1123.JPG

Edited by Eaglekott
Spell correction
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Eaglekott said:

When I send to Chaeng Wattana I have to send in At least 15 days in Advance, or I get a red stamp saying "Next time, Please send 15 days before due date.

I think they are about the only office that has that requirement. I think they say that to insure it is delivered prior to the actual 7 days before the report date requirement. Registered mail is not exactly the fastest delivery in some cases.

12 minutes ago, Eaglekott said:

Another irritating thing is that on their homepage is says "Your new form will be stamped as of the expiration date of your old receipt" This has never worked and I loose about a week of every 90 day report.

That is just old info I think. It does not matter if you mail it, do it online or in person they will start the new 90 days from the date you do the report. The new website does not have that line on it. https://www.immigration.go.th/content/sv_90day

4 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

I think they are about the only office that has that requirement. I think they say that to insure it is delivered prior to the actual 7 days before the report date requirement. Registered mail is not exactly the fastest delivery in some cases.

Amnat and Roi Et have that requirement, however they rarely put a red stamp on the receipt, but there may be a hand written note stating the same thing.

I always sent by EMS, never known next day delivery to fail.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

That is just old info I think. It does not matter if you mail it, do it online or in person they will start the new 90 days from the date you do the report. The new website does not have that line on it. https://www.immigration.go.th/content/sv_90day

The fact is they got my paper 16 days in advance and stamped that I have to send in at least 15 days in advance next time. 

And also the new homepage has the information about that it will be stamped on the expire date of old report.

Screen Shot 2018-09-14 at 10.31.35.png

Amnat always used to stamp 90 days from the due date up to 3 years ago, then they suddenly changed to 90 days from when they received the application. I pointed it out to them thinking they made a mistake, only to be told it was to much hassle to keep changing the date stamp.

To much like hard work for them.

Edited by Tanoshi
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

Amnat always used to stamp 90 days from the due date up to 3 years ago, then they suddenly changed to 90 days from when they received the application. I pointed it out to them thinking they made a mistake, only to be told it was to much hassle to keep changing the date stamp.

To much like hard work for them.

Maybe they could have made a stamp there they fill in the date with a pen, but maybe to much calculation for them to figure our what date to write..

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

That might of happened when they started using a computer program for the 90 reporting that does the 90 day count for them.

All of mine have been done from the date I reported whether it was early, on the date or after the report date. I took advantage of that by doing the reports a day or two after the report date to keep the report date from slipping earlier over the course of a year so I could do the report at the same time I applied for my extension.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Eaglekott said:

Maybe they could have made a stamp there they fill in the date with a pen, but maybe to much calculation for them to figure our what date to write..

Look at it from there point of view. Lets say they receive 25 applications a day, all with different report dates, then calculating 90 days from the report date. The requirement actually makes their job more difficult.

Online applications have always been dated 90 days from receiving the electronic request.

I think they've just fallen into line with that same procedure.

The only way to ensure you get the full 90 days, is to go in person on, or up to 7 days after the due report date.

6 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

That might of happened when they started using a computer program for the 90 reporting that does the 90 day count for them.

It was before online reporting was available.

It changed after online reporting was available.

7 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

All of mine have been done from the date I reported whether it was early, on the date or after the report date. I took advantage of that by doing the reports a day or two after the report date to keep the report date from slipping earlier over the course of a year so I could do the report at the same time I applied for my extension.

That's the common sense approach and exactly how I do it now.

Unfortunately, some live 100+km from their IO, so it's not a practical alternative.

If your reporting online or by mail, even if you have to make one extra report a year, it's no big deal IMO.

27 minutes ago, Eaglekott said:

In view of the way one can influence the level of grades and the awarding of diplomas in this country (but not just this country), some of them do not understand the notion of finding the best solution. There is also the issue that they get mad when you do (while expecting that we don't) and then everyone refrains from rocking the boat, which compounds the issue. This is not just a Thai thing. Look at what is happening with Trump and their fans. But, I digress.

• Sad 1

15 hours ago, JestSetter said:

I suspect one must use the same 3 forms than one uses to report in person.

When I used to make the report by mail, I enclosed;

Completed TM47

Prepaid EMS return addressed envelope.

Copies of;

Passport photo and information page.

Current extension.

TM6.

Last entry stamp.

Last 90 day receipt slip.

Edited by Tanoshi

14 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

You can do the mailed report within a window of 15 to 7 days before the report date. It must be received by immigration by the 7 days before date.

Does anyone else find this totally confusing? The Immigration website says: "The notification must be made within 15 days before or after 7 days the period of 90 days expires." I interpret this as meaning the mailed report can be received anytime from 15 days before or 7 days after the due date. I realize that further down the page it says: - Your registered mail must be sent to the Immigration office at least 15 days before the due date of notification. But it looks to me that this only applies to Bangkok. I send my report to Nan 7 days before the due date, meaning they receive it about 5 days before, and I have never been told I'm doing it wrong. Am I missing something or are these comments about it being required 15 days before due date dependent on what office you use?

7 minutes ago, curtklay said:

Does anyone else find this totally confusing? The Immigration website says: "The notification must be made within 15 days before or after 7 days the period of 90 days expires."

That's in person only, your confusing it with online or mailed applications.

It should state within 15 days before, or up to 7 days after the 90 day period expires.

(Thailish translation) ?

Edited by Tanoshi

3 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

That's in person only, your confusing it with online or mailed applications.

I think you'll find it states within 15 days before, or up to 7 days after the 90 day period expires.

1. The foreigner makes the notification in person, or
  2. The foreigner authorises another person to make the notification, or
  3. The foreigner makes the notification by registered mail.
  4. The notification must be made within 15 days before or after 7 days the period of 90 days expires.
  5. The first application for extension of stay by the foreigner is equivalent to the notification of staying in the Kingdom over 90 days.
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Lobber said:

Why use mail, Internet works just fine, had my last two reports confirmed within 4 hours of submitting.

Must admit worked well - pity they cannot speed up the visa application times ?

It only works if you have left and entered Thailand within a a specified period of time. And then only a "maybe". For those who have been here long term without leaving and returning, it does not work.

4 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

Means the same as up to 15 days before or up to 7 days after.

That's how I read it, but why does Ubonjoe say "It must be received by immigration by the 7 days before date."

I know this is Thailand, but "before" and "after" don't mean the same thing.

5 minutes ago, curtklay said:

That's how I read it, but why does Ubonjoe say "It must be received by immigration by the 7 days before date."

I don't know!

Perhaps he thought the OP meant online mailing, or perhaps he was speaking from the personal experience of his own office.

Offices vary with requirements and restrictions, but if you follow the information on their website then you shouldn't fall on the wrong side.

Edited by Tanoshi

Just now, curtklay said:

That is for a mailed in report. 

From an announcement immigration posted a few years ago.

image.png.fcf07e02f41c268a67d296a419fc4388.png

Source: 90day_notification.pdf

4 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

Perhaps he thought the OP meant online mailing, or perhaps he was speaking from the personal experience of his own office.

If my post had been quoted instead of being taken out of context it would be clear it was for mailed in reporting.

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

Here on Koh Samui they do not allow reporting on line I think we must be the only ones in Thailand who do not have this facility so next week I will spend a 3 hour round trip just to say hello as I live on the neighbouring island of Koh Phangan it’s an absolute pain in the @$$ . My friend was doing his 10 days ago and asked when it would be up and running they told him he has to keep coming in person ???

1 minute ago, curtklay said:

Joe: Thanks for commenting, but this is either old information or "office specific". As said, I have been mailing in my report 5 days or less before the due date to the Nan office for the last 9 years, and never had a problem.

It is not office specific. It is not really old since it has not been changed. I think the 7 days is to give them time to process it before the report date,

Every office can have their own policies.

My local office will process a mailed in report as long as it gets there by the report date. 

4 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

If my post had been quoted instead of being taken out of context it would be clear it was for mailed in reporting.

Your posted Immigration announcement is very old.

A 5 baht stamp?

The 90 day overstay notification ?

The information on the new website should be followed in my opinion.

15 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

My local office will process a mailed in report as long as it gets there by the report date. 

Then that's office specifics as curklay stated.

My office will process it as long as it's received before the report date, but you'll get a sharp note telling you to they should receive it 15 days before as per Immigrations website.

Edited by Tanoshi
  • Thanks 1