Jump to content
BANGKOK

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

webfact

Taxi vans want the same deal as VIP cabs - 100 baht from airports and right not to use meter

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Straight8 said:

They better not get wind of how much the aussies are getting stiffed with their taxi prices.

 

 

 

 

most Aussies use UBER, so let UBER come into thailand and problem solved for tourists anyways ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, wvavin said:

Protest at the airport? This is a good timer the army to bring in a tank to mow down the whole row of taxis and end the saga!

I thought protest groups were banned. This is nothing more than a political gathering - to discuss the politics of cheating passengers out of more money.

 

Arrest them and send them to a re-education camp!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Borzandy said:

So what is the meter made for?

So they can attract customers by calling themselves a metered taxi. They just don't understand the part where customers become angry when they don't turn it on so they then become indignant themselves. This is what happens when people aren't taught to connect the dots. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dam peasants are getting uppity! they will wont a living wage next and the chance to be a capitalist ?

Need to bring down some more of those red shirted peasants who have to work for nothing!

Not that many of them left anymore though - what next! ?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Last time I almost came to blows with a mini van driver, they are the biggest scammers.

 

12 years living in Thailand only once has a taxi not put his meter but EVERY TIME it was a mini van they tried to scam, every single time

 

And it isn't like I ordered a mini van, I take small taxi tickets but they go in the WRONG queue on purpose to scam more, I told that last guy it was ok he went in the wrong queue but was alone and would pay normal price, he tried to scam me the whole way home luckily I know the way.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, CGW said:

Dam peasants are getting uppity! they will wont a living wage next and the chance to be a capitalist ?

Need to bring down some more of those red shirted peasants who have to work for nothing!

Not that many of them left anymore though - what next! ?

 

The scumbags make 2 - 3 minimum wage on a single journey into the city. What "living wage" nonsense are you talking about? Most taxi drivers I talk to in the suburbs despise the Airport and CBD taxi brigade because they give the rest of them a bad name.

 

On another note, I don't even know why people bother with the Airport taxis for long distances either - Taxi to Pattaya, 1,500 but for 1,700 you can book the AOT Isuzu Mu-X which is comfortable and has actual space for more than 1 person's suitcase.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, theonetrueaussie said:

most Aussies use UBER, so let UBER come into thailand and problem solved for tourists anyways ?

Uber already been here and already sold out to Grab, my usage of their services dropped by 90%

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love the way Thai taxi drivers are socialists one day (when there are too many of them and they want a minimum fare and safeguards against competition like Uber and Grab ) and then when there is a tropical downpour and taxis are scarce they are suddenly free market capitalists again - naming their own exorbitant prices. You an't have it both ways boys!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Borzandy said:
3 hours ago, webfact said:

and right not to use meter

So what is the meter made for?

It's made for covering with a folded towel, so they can claim it's 'broken'.

Whoever got the concession for those towels must have made millions by now.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Straight8 said:

They better not get wind of how much the aussies are getting stiffed with their taxi prices.

 

 

 

 

This is about Thailand.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Bundooman said:

I thought protest groups were banned. This is nothing more than a political gathering - to discuss the politics of cheating passengers out of more money.

 

Arrest them and send them to a re-education camp!

By taxi.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, SABloke said:

The scumbags make 2 - 3 minimum wage on a single journey into the city. What "living wage" nonsense are you talking about? Most taxi drivers I talk to in the suburbs despise the Airport and CBD taxi brigade because they give the rest of them a bad name.

 

On another note, I don't even know why people bother with the Airport taxis for long distances either - Taxi to Pattaya, 1,500 but for 1,700 you can book the AOT Isuzu Mu-X which is comfortable and has actual space for more than 1 person's suitcase.

Just using your fare as an example,  that's about 3-4 days of a reasonable Thai wage.  So as a comparison,  does anybody know what a fare would be in Australia for a similar service and distance?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 8OA8 said:

I'll take a guess that the taxi in Aus will have insurance cover to cover any and all forms of injury sustained during their ride.

Yes, and cameras and alarms for the driver and GPS recording every trip

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After 17 hours on a flight then taxi to Sukhumvit soi 11 Driver says that will be 800B welcome to Thailand , enjoy your stay. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

it  just boils down to 50 taxi drivers wanting the lagalising of overcharging customers.if they don't like it then take off your meter signs and paint their cars white with a big x on each door.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...