Jump to content
BANGKOK

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

webfact

Taxi vans want the same deal as VIP cabs - 100 baht from airports and right not to use meter

Recommended Posts

This keeps coming up year after year the government sets on their asses and do nothing. I came here in 1970 and then it was a negotiate each trip, in 1998 when I returned it was a meter haven they were just starting to use them, still some taxis without meter. it has been 20 years and the base price is still 35 baht that is way to low after 20 years. The government needs to wise up and rais the base price and the  kilometer charge.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, 8OA8 said:

I'll take a guess that the taxi in Aus will have insurance cover to cover any and all forms of injury sustained during their ride.

Taxis here are also injured,if not they are off the road.

 

typican nanny state trash person.

 

thank god I’m not from a country where the government control my life..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Lupatria said:

What's next? Extra charge to turn on the aircon $ 10, three pieces of luggage in the trunk $ 25, and paper napkin $ 2.50 per piece?

thais juz cant cant help themselves taxi at it all over again thailand land of the rip offs  junta mostly scared off cash paying farang tourists , no wonder  they are going to vietnam , philippines, burma, cambodia, chinese hardly spend any money inside thailand mostly spent in China before they come , group tours , hotels ,jewelry stores , restaurants even the busses are paid for all in china , good old sherlock holmes Joke joke gone to the UK what a blast will he pickup red bull heir , shinawatra clan and mates 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Aussieroaming said:

Taxi Rates

Brisbane Taxi Rates

Queensland

 

Tariff 1 (05:00 - 18:59)
Flag Fall Distance Rate Booking Fee Waiting Time
$2.90 $2.17/km $1.50 $0.82/minute
Tariff 2 (19:00 - 23:59)
Flag Fall Distance Rate Booking Fee Waiting Time
$4.30 $2.17/km $1.50 $0.82/minute
Tariff 3 (00:00 - 04:59)
Flag Fall Distance Rate Booking Fee Waiting Time
$6.30 $2.17/km $1.50 $0.82/minute
Additional Fees
Holiday Fee Tariff 2 applies on public holidays. Tariff 3 does NOT apply on ANZAC day.
Airport Rank Fee $3.50
Credit Card Fee The maximum amount payable for a taxi non-cash payment surcharge is 10% inclusive of GST.

Wow,  those rates appear quite high, at first glance. Thanks for posting.

Distance between Pattaya and Suvarnabhumi Airport is 86.11 km. If we use tariff 2 then that comes to approximately $191. Figure quoted using AOT was 1700 baht (approx $72.76) Obviously much cheaper.

But we want to know is are these taxi drivers asking too much. The only way to know is make comparison between fees charged and local earnings.
using minimum wage of $151.44 for an 8 hour day the Australian fare comes out at 1.26xearnings.
Using a reasonable Thai daily wage of 500baht the Thai fare comes out at 3.4xearnings. Even a very low fare as another poster indicated of 900 baht still comes out at 1.8xearnings.

Then take into account insurance,  condition of vehicle,  the driver,  safety and security and there is no comparison.  These drivers IMO are overcharging for sure,  but still want more.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Naamblar2014 said:

Distance between Pattaya and Suvarnabhumi Airport is 86.11 km. If we use tariff 2 then that comes to approximately $191. Figure quoted using AOT was 1700 baht (approx $72.76) Obviously much cheaper.

Bus is 100bht.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes,  Roong Reuang Coach from the airport to Pattaya.  Only 120baht which is not to bad for a private company.

 

Very comfortable and reliable service rather than dealing with those taxi drivers who refuse to use metres.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Lupatria said:

What's next? Extra charge to turn on the aircon $ 10, three pieces of luggage in the trunk $ 25, and paper napkin $ 2.50 per piece?

What's $ ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Aussieroaming said:

Taxi Rates

Brisbane Taxi Rates

Queensland

 

Tariff 1 (05:00 - 18:59)
Flag Fall Distance Rate Booking Fee Waiting Time
$2.90 $2.17/km $1.50 $0.82/minute
Tariff 2 (19:00 - 23:59)
Flag Fall Distance Rate Booking Fee Waiting Time
$4.30 $2.17/km $1.50 $0.82/minute
Tariff 3 (00:00 - 04:59)
Flag Fall Distance Rate Booking Fee Waiting Time
$6.30 $2.17/km $1.50 $0.82/minute
Additional Fees
Holiday Fee Tariff 2 applies on public holidays. Tariff 3 does NOT apply on ANZAC day.
Airport Rank Fee $3.50
Credit Card Fee The maximum amount payable for a taxi non-cash payment surcharge is 10% inclusive of GST.

Do they drive better or differently at night? Why the higher price at evening or night? Or can they fly above the traffic at night?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Cheops said:

Do they drive better or differently at night? Why the higher price at evening or night? Or can they fly above the traffic at night?

Night shift rate i guess or deal with drunken yobbo rate

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Night shift rate i guess or deal with drunken yobbo rate

Common all over the world therefore understandable and reasonable

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Yes,  Roong Reuang Coach from the airport to Pattaya.  Only 120baht which is not to bad for a private company.
 
Very comfortable and reliable service rather than dealing with those taxi drivers who refuse to use metres.
Funny thing is once you are in Pattaya you are victim of the taxi and tuk tuk mafia and unless you use a public baht bus your fare is higher than the bus.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, CLW said:
10 hours ago, Naamblar2014 said:

 

 

Funny thing is once you are in Pattaya you are victim of the taxi and tuk tuk mafia and unless you use a public baht bus your fare is higher than the bus.

You could always walk.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/14/2018 at 4:46 PM, Straight8 said:

They better not get wind of how much the aussies are getting stiffed with their taxi prices.

Hahahahaha yeah too bloody right 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...