Big Joke to fly to England to interview teen who claimed rape on Koh Tao

webfact

• Replies 562
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I believe her story, especially knowing the corruption that goes on down there. Big Joke won't believe her. It's bad for Thai tourism. 

Of he tries to enforce some law forcing her to return to Thailand to face trial, there's no way the British government is gonna let that happen.

19 hours ago, Megasin1 said:

He has already declared that there was no rape and as others have pointed out he can't speak English, so this just seems like yet another PR stunt. Does he not realise that England is actually a democracy and the girl is under no obligation to speak to him whatsoever. The good news is though that he will be able to take a short stroll through a London street and solve all of those unsolved crimes we have, or at least allow the police to remove them from their lists as they won't actually have happened.

But actually he has never-ever said there was no rape. He has said (apparently correctly) there is no evidence of a rape (or drugging) as described by the woman and her mother (!) in newspaper interviews. He has clearly said that if more evidence emerges he and/or other police will investigate it. He has stated that several times. Until then, he has said several times, there is nothing to be done. Now he has found another investigative path and intends to follow it, to South London, or so he claims to the media.

Which is exactly the right response when asked if he can prove a negative. Fact is that no one has turned up evidence supporting Ms B's stories. No witnesses on Koh Tao - resident or tourist - have emerged, except for The Hive manager who says the woman told her she had been raped. The self-described victim has not produced a police report (although she supposedly made a statement to police in England), a medical report, a DNA report or any supporting evidence of any kind which she has claimed at various times she had. Everyone person who was travelling with her is silent, including most notably of all her boyfriend.

NONE of that means she wasn't drugged and raped and no one has stated she wasn't, including Big Joke. He may be all-powerful but he can't figure out how to prove a negative. But the above and more mean there is an absence of evidence for now that she was. An interview might elicit more evidence, or information to investigate.

19 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

Photo Caption:

"Will you be flying first class?"

"Of course, the owner of the bar in Koh Tao is paying my way."

"Send me a selfie from the top of the London Eye."

He is Government, he will fly free on Thai Air, 1st or Bussines. Anything to do with the Government workers and the MP's go free even if it is for a holiday, so I have heard. Thai Air is government run.

18 hours ago, Sheryl said:

It would serve that purpose better had he not already definitively stated that no rape took place..... And threatened to prosecute her.

Sent from my SM-J701F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Not credibility whatsoever, unless he launched a DNA collection action on potential suspects. Would be about time, and since Koh Tao is Koh Tao, this could be effective with a very reasonable number of samples.

38 minutes ago, wandasloan said:

But actually he has never-ever said there was no rape. He has said (apparently correctly) there is no evidence of a rape (or drugging) as described by the woman and her mother (!) in newspaper interviews. He has clearly said that if more evidence emerges he and/or other police will investigate it. He has stated that several times. Until then, he has said several times, there is nothing to be done. Now he has found another investigative path and intends to follow it, to South London, or so he claims to the media.

Which is exactly the right response when asked if he can prove a negative. Fact is that no one has turned up evidence supporting Ms B's stories. No witnesses on Koh Tao - resident or tourist - have emerged, except for The Hive manager who says the woman told her she had been raped. The self-described victim has not produced a police report (although she supposedly made a statement to police in England), a medical report, a DNA report or any supporting evidence of any kind which she has claimed at various times she had. Everyone person who was travelling with her is silent, including most notably of all her boyfriend.

NONE of that means she wasn't drugged and raped and no one has stated she wasn't, including Big Joke. He may be all-powerful but he can't figure out how to prove a negative. But the above and more mean there is an absence of evidence for now that she was. An interview might elicit more evidence, or information to investigate.

The right response would have been to say we don’t know anything and we need to speak to the girl. They went out of their way to show how the rape didn’t happen. That’s ridiculous. You don’t announce to someone who may have been raped that there’s no evidence of rape. You’re supposed to be encouraging her to be brave, not discredit her story. It’s hard enough for people who have been raped to speak openly - don’t make it harder by being skeptical or dismissive. Be supportive. There’s a precedent here for future victims. 

I remember being with my missus in a police station in Ekkamai, I think. The missus was paying a fine. A tourist walked in saying she’d lost her passport. She was clearly distressed. The police officer said she had to go to a different station as she lost her passport out of their area. That was it. No further help. Just “you go there”. My missus was really angry with their reponse and helped the tourist. My missus asked the officer why he wouldn’t do more to help. He did the typical thing of pretending he couldn’t hear her or was pretending to be busy and he said nothing. It was shocking unprofessionalism. 

17 hours ago, webfact said:

if the rape claim is eventually proved to be groundless, legal action will definitely be pursued against the woman making the claim.

They will do everything to get to the result "the rape claim is proved to be groundless". The girl and her family must be very naive to agree to an interview with the threat of legal action against the teenager in the room.

19 hours ago, Odysseus123 said:

The answer to that is perfectly obvious..

Post 1970 "It's too hard"

Elliot Ness-he is not..

More likely gefrieter 2nd class-he should  go far.

As the Tourist Police Boss, his English should be perfect -otherwise why has he got the top job?

19 hours ago, ronaldo0 said:

And if the woman says get lost I’m not talking to you and my legal team will be in touch then what ?? ?

This visit is a smoke screen. Nothing will happen here. Joke will be <deleted> by a lawyer and he will go tell lies to the Dark Over Lord in BKK

So it's for Thai consumption only..Dumbchai will rape again and another story told Business as usual 

20 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

I am confused. What is the purpose of the visit? Since he has already made his conclusions, why the interview?

Is he going to attempt to discredit her, after interviewing her in a language he does not speak? How objective will the translator he? Is he open minded? If he finds anything out, will he defy his superiors and report it anyway?

Someone, for some reason, I cannot explain why I am skeptical of this meeting, and his motives. 

Ego and the Dark Over Lord in his designer watch wants some closure. So he sent the Dark Syth to fight for the lies of the Thais 

22 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

Lets hope The Sun and The Times and others are at the airport to ask all sorts of questions about Koh Tao.  :clap2:

You mean asking questions about all the girls who get raped on koh Tao get killed, except those who not report the rape? Don't forget to question "where were the village chiefs family during the rape"?

16 hours ago, cyberfarang said:

Exactly. Her lawyers will try to manipulate this case in favour of discrediting the Thai police over her giving any convincing evidence that she was raped. Also correct, it won`t be what big joke thinks, it will be the British media that will determine whether the girl is lying or not, then the feminists will jump on the bandwagon claiming the girl is another female being victimised by a male dominated system, those evil brutes, men.

In Britain the whole system will be bias against the Thai police from the moment Big Joke arrives there, probably with a whole load of leftist do gooders protesting justice for women.

Today, I read many online reports whereas it is being said that the girl`s story is bull and so it is.

So your saying joke will get equal treatment and  bowl of rice yes

16 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

"Good evening and here is tonight's news from the BBC... The Thai policeman who conducted a one day investigation in the alleged rape of a UK woman in Thailand and concluded that no rape took place without reviewing the evidence was greeted by 1000 angry members of the #metoo movement in London today. The interview he hoped to conduct had to be..."  

Correct a <deleted>

4 minutes ago, bander said:

You mean asking questions about all the girls who get raped on koh Tao get killed, except those who not report the rape? Don't forget to question "where were the village chiefs family during the rape"?

And the mysterious disappearance of CCTV

16 hours ago, jgarbo said:

How much is Issy getting paid  for the "rape in paradise" story? She's selling it before a police interview? Has she got her insurance money yet? MajGen Surachate is DSI, ie MSc from US police training school, pretty good English. I've met and interviewed these men. Tough and smart, good English, not traffic cops. Again, where is the evidence of rape? And don't say semen on panties, children - that's only sex.

And - Thai cops never pursue a case they will lose. They drop it. Why the trip that could lose a lot face?

But the local farang hyneas will keep howling.

Lighten up Francis 

Archived