Big Joke to fly to England to interview teen who claimed rape on Koh Tao

webfact

• Replies 562
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You can ask to go and be given an affirmative, NOW we wait to see if the Giorl will talk to the Thai Police, but of course under supervision with Zero threats, no accusation having a Female officer asking the questions, males not allowed. Rape is a sensitive issue and Males do NOT normally conduct the questioning. RTP watch out, the UK follows the rules, you have alreadsy said if found to be groundless legal action will be taken. Oh dear I see a go away coming from the victim . 

And lastlky why go, the RTP have already decided after a long thorough Police investigation NO CRIME took place !!

20 hours ago, webfact said:

He said the police want to prove the claim and make the investigation as clear as possible and if the rape claim is eventually proved to be groundless, legal action will definitely be pursued against the woman making the claim.

Warning to all foreign women traveling to Thailand (maybe men too):

If you report a rape, it will be deemed to negatively effect Thailand's pristine reputation.  If the police investigators conclude that they don't believe you (and of course, for the reputation of Thailand to remain pristine it is in the country's best interests for the investigators to label you a liar), then they will arrest and prosecute you.  What could possibly go wrong?

So, the message here?  Implicitly you're being told 'report a rape at your own peril'.  You've been warned!  If you are a single woman planning to travel alone in Thailand, you may wish to rethink your choice of countries to vacation in.  That's simply dealing with the new reality that has now presented itself. 

It would seem that Thailand now has a serious conflict of interest: Either protect the interests of the victim or protect the reputation of Thailand.  The RTP has pretty much implied that the reputation of Thailand comes first.

1 hour ago, Media1 said:

So your saying joke will get equal treatment and  bowl of rice yes

Dumbchai and bowl of rice. Your comments have all the overtones of racism. And sadly it appears this is what`s really behind the agendas and attitudes of those trying to defend the honour of a white British girl crying rape with no evidence to support her story that is about as credible as the old news report that a London bus was found on the moon.

You and others like you are prejudiced to begin with and there are no ways you`re going to have positive opinions about Thais and Thailand, not in any circumstances.

I guarantee that the girl will try to either get out of this interview or impose so many restrictions that no positive information will result from this, because now she`s been challenged to state her case face to face and head on with the world watching, and she`s running scared. It would be of no surprise that later she will be making appearances on TV shows such as Good Morning Britain, Piers Morgan and giving sensationalised interviews to the press, whichever one makes the highest bid for her story.

Whatever, if this girl fails to give any evidence with leads for the police to follow up, she will lose all credibility and will always be doubted by her family, boyfriend, friends, work colleges and others that know her. So if her claim of rape is fact, she`d better make a convincing case on her own steam without hiding behind mother, lawyers and the media, otherwise her case with strong doubts will always be hanging over her.

7 minutes ago, cyberfarang said:

Whatever, if this girl fails to give any evidence with leads for the police to follow up, she will lose all credibility and will always be doubted by her family, boyfriend, friends, work colleges and others that know her

No, she won't. In the UK most people understand rape to be a serious case that isn't black and white. Most people understand that if a woman behaves irrationally after claiming rape, that's perfectly normal. The burden of proof isn't on the rape victim. She didn't ask to be raped. 

Don't conflate finding no evidence of rape as the same as finding evidence a rape was made up. They're not the same. Oh, and stop making this a Thai vs 'farang' thing. That's one of the reasons the RTP are in this whole mess. 

8 minutes ago, cyberfarang said:

Dumbchai and bowl of rice. Your comments have all the overtones of racism. And sadly it appears this is what`s really behind the agendas and attitudes of those trying to defend the honour of a white British girl crying rape with no evidence to support her story that is about as credible as the old news report that a London bus was found on the moon.

You and others like you are prejudiced to begin with and there are no ways you`re going to have positive opinions about Thais and Thailand, not in any circumstances.

I guarantee that the girl will try to either get out of this interview or impose so many restrictions that no positive information will result from this, because now she`s been challenged to state her case face to face and head on with the world watching, and she`s running scared. It would be of no surprise that later she will be making appearances on TV shows such as Good Morning Britain, Piers Morgan and giving sensationalised interviews to the press, whichever one makes the highest bid for her story.

Whatever, if this girl fails to give any evidence with leads for the police to follow up, she will lose all credibility and will always be doubted by her family, boyfriend, friends, work colleges and others that know her. So if her claim of rape is fact, she`d better make a convincing case on her own steam without hiding behind mother, lawyers and the media, otherwise her case with strong doubts will always be hanging over her.

Because nothing bad ever happens in my beloved Thailand and anyone who claims something bad happened to them is a liar ... we need to get behind the Royal Thai Police force, who are known throughout the world for their fair play and integrity ... in the recent Koh Tao murders of a young man and a women they "humanely" tortured confessions out of two Burmese brigands ... how anyone on here has the audacity to question the motives of the RTP is beyond me ... it's my duty as a misogynist and Thaier-than-Thai expat to defend the honour of the nation's finest. 

Britain is a part of Europe (not getting politically deviated to "Brexit" now) and hence the lady has the choice to speak or not to speak to anyone. 
It does not need any diplomatic approval; if they want to fly there to hear "no comment", so be it. She does not want to return to Thailand which is something I - for one - fully understand. 

The official Thailand has still not understood, that beyond the Thai borders not everything is Thai-style and even if they sue her for defamation there is no law anywhere in the UK forcing the woman to even take note of the struggle the Thai police seems to have. 

If they are serious then they go and clean up Koh Tao, and once that is done, continue elsewhere with the good work! 

3 hours ago, Lupatria said:

They proved in many topics to be the class winner in this exercise and now you say they don't like it?

No,

Actually a little bit unfair as you have only included one line of what I said as it takes things out of context. I am no fan of the Thai police or justice system which I believe is riddled from the bottom upwards with corruption.

What my point was if Big Joke is going to the UK on behalf of Thailand, where there is world attention focused on him and Thailand, he will be going very well prepared. He will have all his ' ducks in a row '  as in translators, facts and figures, back up investigators, support systems so that he doesn't make errors or embarrass his bosses.

They are good at organizing a ' parade ' or front or face, whatever you wish to call it when needs are. They are also past masters at attempting to twist evidence to suit their needs and purposes and are well aware they cannot ride roughshod when they are in a country such as the UK with their heavy-handedness which they can get away with without question in Thailand.

I have no doubt that will be a load of political face-saving, press blaming for what he said, and smiles and attempts to smooth things over behind the scenes, if and when they ever actually meet in the UK.

2 minutes ago, rkidlad said:

No, she won't. In the UK most people understand rape to be a serious case that isn't black and white. Most people understand that if a woman behaves irrationally after claiming rape, that's perfectly normal. The burden of proof isn't on the rape victim. She didn't ask to be raped. 

Don't conflate finding no evidence of rape as the same as finding evidence a rape was made up. They're not the same. Oh, and stop making this a Thai vs 'farang' thing. That's one of the reasons the RTP are in this whole mess. 

Oh, don`t, stop! Sorry, but what you are saying is total bs..

There are victims of crimes and there are perpetrators of crime. Under the law, even in Thailand, a criminal suspect or someone charged with a crime, is considered not guilty until proven guilty. It is technically up to the victim to prove they`re a victim and up to the courts to prove an accused perpetrator is guilty beyond a reasonable doubt. That`s how it works in the civilised world. Unless of course you want to be bigoted and say Thailand is not a civilised country.

But in this case, we don`t even have a suspect or any suspects to charge, no witnesses, just a girl claiming rape. But now she has her chance to give detailed evidence to the correct authorities from the jurisdiction where the ALLEGED offence took place. 

2 minutes ago, janclaes47 said:

I have been raped just now.

Proof that i'm lying, but don't you dare to ask me for evidence, because that burden is not on me

You do understand how police investigations work? They work on behalf of the public. They serve the public. That means they have to actively look for evidence if a crime is reported. They don’t tell people claiming to have been raped that it’s not their jurisdiction so go back to where they were raped. 

10 minutes ago, cyberfarang said:

Oh, don`t, stop! Sorry, but what you are saying is total bs..

There are victims of crimes and there are perpetrators of crime. Under the law, even in Thailand, a criminal suspect or someone charged with a crime, is considered not guilty until proven guilty. It is technically up to the victim to prove they`re a victim and up to the courts to prove an accused perpetrator is guilty beyond a reasonable doubt. That`s how it works in the civilised world. Unless of course you want to be bigoted and say Thailand is not a civilised country.

But in this case, we don`t even have a suspect or any suspects to charge, no witnesses, just a girl claiming rape. But now she has her chance to give detailed evidence to the correct authorities from the jurisdiction where the ALLEGED offence took place. 

Yes, we have two people claiming they tried to report a rape and the police officer said he couldn’t talk about it cos it happened on another island. Great police work there! No need to offer support to someone who claims to have been raped or to call anyone up and ask what to do. Just send them on their way. Add to that you have someone who isn’t qualified to investigate rape combing a beach 2 months later looking for what? An engraving of ‘I raped someone ‘ere’ on a rock? 

It’s no wonder she doesn’t wanna speak to the police here. She tried already and look what happened. Oh, and add to that being threatened to be blacklisted and seeing people arrested for sharing reports of her alleged rape. It doesn't instill confidence into a person who if really was raped, would be pretty terrified already. 

What a pathetic joke that they think they can force a civilian in the UK to be interrogated by a corrupt police force bent on discrediting her and shame on the UK Embassy for agreeing to such a thing. Can only go downhill for Thai police imo and I really hope that the UK and International press and media really lay into this ambassador for the illegal junta. and finally it is the Embassy of United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland - well it has been for well over 30 years.

23 hours ago, spermwhale said:

I don't know why people are knocking this move by him. I think it's great considering that the girl says she's afraid to go back and testify. I think it shows he takes the claims seriously enough to give the victim the peace of mind that she can report the alleged crime to him in the protection of her own country. 

Really? Then why did he state that there was no evidence at all and that the rape never happened?

Do you really think he does this for the victim? O boy, you gotta have to learn a lot about Thailand!

You do understand how police investigations work? They work on behalf of the public. They serve the public. That means they have to actively look for evidence if a crime is reported. They don’t tell people claiming to have been raped that it’s not their jurisdiction so go back to where they were raped. 
So whats he offering to do now? Go and interview her and hear what she has to say....not good enough?
The mother says she wont let her daughter speak to bj...doesnt work like that mummy!!, your daughter is an adult...she makes a claim says it was refused, now you refuse the interview....humm..i smell bs from their camp.
Personally i think theyve bitten off more than they can chew and think that her being named was unexpected..no hiding behind anonymity anymore..quick change of story or frefuse interviews...it may come crumbling down around them....
Hope while he's there he can pop to buchannans house with some handcuffs!!

Sent from my SM-A720F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Yes, we have two people claiming they tried to report a rape and the police officer said he couldn’t talk about it cos it happened on another island. Great police work there! No need to offer support to someone who claims to have been raped or to call anyone up and ask what to do. Just send them on their way. Add to that you have someone who isn’t qualified to investigate rape combing a beach 2 months later looking for what? An engraving of ‘I raped someone ‘ere’ on a rock? 

It’s no wonder she doesn’t wanna speak to the police here. She tried already and look what happened. Oh, and add to that being threatened to be blacklisted and seeing people arrested for sharing reports of her alleged rape. It doesn't instill confidence into a person who if really was raped, would be pretty terrified already. 
But not too terrified to goto full moon party,

1 minute ago, frank83628 said:

So whats he offering to do now? Go and interview her and hear what she has to say....not good enough?
The mother says she wont let her daughter speak to bj...doesnt work like that mummy!!, your daughter is an adult...she makes a claim says it was refused, now you refuse the interview....humm..i smell bs from their camp.
Personally i think theyve bitten off more than they can chew and think that her being named was unexpected..no hiding behind anonymity anymore..quick change of story or frefuse interviews...it may come crumbling down around them....
Hope while he's there he can pop to buchannans house with some handcuffs!!

No, it's not good enough. That ship has already sailed. He had the chance to follow some kind of protocol after an accusation of rape and he decided not to. Any police officer or lawyer following this story in the UK would absolutely advise her not to speak to him. She needs a professional officer with training in rape accusations to listen to her story. Not a skeptical 'sorry for threatening to blacklist you' kind of one. 

17 hours ago, Megasin1 said:

Really ? Do you think so? I don't agree....she would have nothing at all to gain by speaking to someone whom has already made his mind up and is threatening to have her arrested in Thailand and will no doubt twist everything that is said to his public audience in Thailand. If the girl has been raped then she should give him the same amount of credence and respect that he has shown her and serve him with a slander writ as soon as he touches down.

"... I don't agree....she would have nothing at all to gain..."

Apart from some desperately needed credibility.

"...someone whom has already made his mind up and is threatening to have her arrested in Thailand..." 

He's threatened to arrest her if she's making false allegations, that's all.

"If the girl has been raped then she should give him the same amount of credence and respect that he has shown her and serve him with a slander writ as soon as he touches down".

I wonder if she'll take your advice, lets, see, eh?  If she wasn't raped you're saying that there won't be a writ, is that correct?

I have no idea what they teach prospective officers at the Thai police academy, but it certainly isn't how to follow correct procedure as is understood in the West; almost invariably crime scenes are compromised within hours if not minutes, statements are taken with prejudice if not intimidation, officers blab to the media without permission or thought of the consequences, names of victims and perpetrators are released which may affect due process, and so on and so on. 

The result in a case like this is that, whether or not the girl was raped as she claims, the case - if there is a case - has been hopelessly corrupted by what has transpired since it was claimed to have happened. Cynics may say that this is a typical modus operandi, intended to muddy the waters, cloud the issue. I have no comment on that.

15 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

I wonder if she'll take your advice, lets, see, eh?  If she wasn't raped you're saying that there won't be a writ, is that correct?

nope I'm saying force him to prove there wasn't a rape as it is extremely difficult to prove rape give him the easy path...go and actually prove no rape took place?

16 hours ago, Sydebolle said:

Naaahhhh, you get it all wrong. 

It is an undercover operation to bring back the Red Bull grandson who, co-incidentially, also lives in London. As the Thai interpol desk was unable to locate him, the visiting Thai police to London might want to check with the TV station which not only found the residence but also caught him on his way sneaking into his home. As the maid did not open the door fast enough, the little c"*ç%t was asked a few questions which he was unwilling to answer. 

So, trust the Thai police, they know perfectly well, what they are doing. 

So they will know, then, that they cannot arrest Vorayuth in the UK.

Archived