Big Joke to fly to England to interview teen who claimed rape on Koh Tao

webfact

4 minutes ago, ronaldo0 said:

And if the woman says get lost I’m not talking to you and my legal team will be in touch then what ?? ?

Presumably, before publicly announcing the trip, the RTP/TP got some indication of the woman's willingness to be interviewed.

But even if that ends up being not the case, there's always Harrods to inspect.... :cheesy:

I wonder if he'll take a contingent of a dozen or so cohorts with him to the UK, similar to what the national police chief did when he went to Germany trying to extradite the fugitive monk???

• Replies 562
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, scorecard said:

Is that true, he can't speak English, or just your assumption?

Serious question, does anybody know a correct answer?

It would not matter if he can speak English or not because the interview will take place according to Thai Law ( as that is where the alleged offence took place), and would be conducted in Thai. As you probably know all the cases in a Thai court, if charges were brought, would be conducted in Thai.

The questions would then be translated into English by highly qualified translators and then vice versa, from English to Thai, when the alleged victim responds.

Thailand does not like to look foolish internationally in front of the world.

Secretaries would also be there to record the meeting and document everything that takes place for both sides. If he goes, this will be quite a big deal.

4 minutes ago, ronaldo0 said:

And if the woman says get lost I’m not talking to you and my legal team will be in touch then what ?? ?

All expenses paid at a 5 star hotel and 4 weeks to persuade her in between shows, cabaret and shopping, you know it makes sense. 

Just now, Scouse123 said:

It would not matter if he can speak English or not because the interview will take place according to Thai Law ( as that is where the alleged offence took place), and would be conducted in Thai. As you probably know all the cases in a Thai court, if charges were brought, would be conducted in Thai.

The questions would then be translated into English by highly qualified translators and then vice versa, from English to Thai, when the alleged victim responds.

Thailand does not like to look foolish internationally in front of the world.

Secretaries would also be there to record the meeting and document everything that takes place for both sides. If he goes, this will be quite a big deal.

Ah...Thai Law..

Thailand looks foolish every day.

I wonder why?

2 hours ago, colinneil said:

Big Joke flying to the UK, to interview the girl who he says was not raped!!!!

Why is he going?? If he says no rape took place, so when he said she wasnt raped, he was telling porkies.

Just shows what a useless bugger he is, surely he will lose face if he goes to interview the girl.

Perhaps he's going to the star of an episode of You've Been Framed.

3 hours ago, webfact said:

INN reported that the British Embassy in Bangkok are concerned about the motives of the teen after she went to the media but did not contact them.

<sarcasm> Understandable, because nothing is a funner pastime for a teenager on holiday than to cook up a fake rape story while vacationing on an island.  And of course this kind of thing just has never been reported on Koh Tao before.  </sarcasm>

2 minutes ago, madusa said:

How do you know he doesn't speak English? Have you spoken to him?

I don't know.

But, in the past, when he's been doing his weekly farang visa overstayer rousts/raids, he's always seemingly relied on subordinates to speak in English with those arrested. So that might be one clue as to his level of English fluency.

2 hours ago, Megasin1 said:

He has already declared that there was no rape and as others have pointed out he can't speak English, so this just seems like yet another PR stunt. Does he not realise that England is actually a democracy and the girl is under no obligation to speak to him whatsoever. The good news is though that he will be able to take a short stroll through a London street and solve all of those unsolved crimes we have, or at least allow the police to remove them from their lists as they won't actually have happened.

He can go to a certain bank in London and ask if a certain person is working there. Because I was scammed out of money that was designed to be invested in Thailand for educational purposes. 

3 minutes ago, madusa said:

How do you know he doesn't speak English? Have you spoken to him?

Sure...big boy...Feldwebel Big Schlong speaks English all the time...

Or..at least his captain did until she was sent to shovel S%$# on the Mekong..

Anything else that you would like to add?

If Big Joke after the interview concludes no rape took place, even if true, some moron posters on TV and in the social media will still claim it`s a cover up.

Big Joke will really be up against the odds, with the bias British media, the feminists that say all women are victims and never lie and the crank conspiracy theorists that are determined to push their crap that there is something dark and sinister going on in Koh Tao.

It`s interesting to note that even the British Embassy are doubting her story and now the Thai police have called her out, you won`t come to us, so we`ll come to you. There is no way the girl could refuse to be interviewed, she`s been backed into a corner.

3 hours ago, Torrens54 said:

Hope he doesn’t bump into Lurking Ruskie Assasins !

Why didn’t the Thai Police interview the complainant while she was in Thailand ?

because they say she did not report the rape , only told reporters samui newspapers etc sounds fishy to me , if she is lying just to get commission from newspapers , then she should stand trial in thailand and be sentanced over there to teach her a lesson not to try to con police , if it did happen then i hope she has got plenty of evidence as just her saying it happened is obviously not enough 

3 hours ago, colinneil said:

Big Joke flying to the UK, to interview the girl who he says was not raped!!!!

Why is he going?? If he says no rape took place, so when he said she wasnt raped, he was telling porkies.

Just shows what a useless bugger he is, surely he will lose face if he goes to interview the girl.

No, it does not show what a useless bugger he is, it shows that, despite all the garbage posted here by so many, he is serious and is prepared to go out of his way to set the record straight about Baxter's allegations.   The idea is to find out if Baxter has been fabricating stories or not.

5 minutes ago, cyberfarang said:

It`s interesting to note that even the British Embassy are doubting her story

One Thai news outlet made that claim in an article posted here -- without any direct attribution or source at the Embassy. I'd wager, in all likelihood, they never actually obtained any comment from the Embassy, and instead were repeating something the Tourist Police claimed to them, rightly or wrongly.

Thai-language news media almost never directly interview or quote western sources, in part I suspect, because most of the Thai-language news outlet reporters probably don't speak much or any English.

And, the Thai authorities are often fond of telling the world, without any resulting confirmation, what foreign officials supposedly told them or said they were going to do.

3 hours ago, Megasin1 said:

He has already declared that there was no rape and as others have pointed out he can't speak English, so this just seems like yet another PR stunt. Does he not realise that England is actually a democracy and the girl is under no obligation to speak to him whatsoever. The good news is though that he will be able to take a short stroll through a London street and solve all of those unsolved crimes we have, or at least allow the police to remove them from their lists as they won't actually have happened.

"... the girl is under no obligation to speak to him whatsoever".

That will do her dubious credibility a lot more damage if she refuses.  

2 minutes ago, rossco1 said:

I don't understand He said investergated and concluded no case.

Why go to UK to interview when already decided no grounds 

Because some reasonable individuals might ask, how can you possibly come to any legitimate conclusion in a criminal case investigation when you've never actually interviewed the alleged victim re the allegations, and the alleged victim is available for interview...

7 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

"... the girl is under no obligation to speak to him whatsoever".

That will do her dubious credibility a lot more damage if she refuses.  

Are you looking to get the ThaiVisa victim blaming award of the month?

Maybe she's telling the truth, maybe she's not. But neither you or I are in any legitimate position to make any judgments about that.

And neither are the Thai police (even though they've already publicly done so), especially when they've yet to actually interview the alleged victim and hear her account directly, and question her about it, including any facts and details they may consider inconsistent.

2 hours ago, korkenzieher said:

She will be swamped with legal council and translators  there's not going to be any of the usual back-room deals on offer, and that may come as something of an eye-opener to him. He has zero jurisdiction. This really ought to be handled by the Thai Embassy in London. Big Egg on Joke face moment coming up, methinks.

He doesn't need 'jurisdiction', all he will be doing is interviewing Baxter, he's not barging into the country and trying to make demands.  If the British authorities give him permission, which they will, that's all he needs.

9 minutes ago, Morch said:

But...if he goes to England, we'll be left without someone to carry out them almost daily arrest-cum-bombastic-headlines. There must be another way....

Good point! bet the criminal fraternity is planning anew and breathing a collective sigh of relief!

8 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

I don't know.

But, in the past, when he's been doing his weekly farang visa overstayer rousts/raids, he's always seemingly relied on subordinates to speak in English with those arrested. So that might be one clue as to his level of English fluency.

A little little English is sufficient in this case. After all this English lady probably wouldn't be that interested to talk to him because she already got the piss off treatment(by RTP) while in Thailand (if I am not wrong). The British and the French would be really piss off if you take away their rights put it this way so this young lady got the diplomatic faux pas by the servants of the Kingdom of Thailand that is why she was so angry. I would be if I were her.

Well,  everyone in Thailand knows where they stand and how far they can go. So the outcome of the investigation? Justice? Democratic ? Rules ? Laws?  They don't have them since ancient times.

They don't seems to want to fight for justice not for the Farang anyway. So don't expect too much is one rule to follow while you are in Thailand. Have a nice day.

Archived