Big Joke to fly to England to interview teen who claimed rape on Koh Tao

webfact

8 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

I don't know.

But, in the past, when he's been doing his weekly farang visa overstayer rousts/raids, he's always seemingly relied on subordinates to speak in English with those arrested. So that might be one clue as to his level of English fluency.

A little little English is sufficient in this case. After all this English lady probably wouldn't be that interested to talk to him because she already got the piss off treatment(by RTP) while in Thailand (if I am not wrong). The British and the French would be really piss off if you take away their rights put it this way so this young lady got the diplomatic faux pas by the servants of the Kingdom of Thailand that is why she was so angry. I would be if I were her.

Well,  everyone in Thailand knows where they stand and how far they can go. So the outcome of the investigation? Justice? Democratic ? Rules ? Laws?  They don't have them since ancient times.

They don't seems to want to fight for justice not for the Farang anyway. So don't expect too much is one rule to follow while you are in Thailand. Have a nice day.

• Replies 562
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He’s about to give the whole incident whether true or not world media status .... or fodder as the case may be......big mistake mr big joke.

in his actions it’s going to shame Thailand true or not.

the Fleet Street papers will make a meal of this.......

The alleged victim  has given several interviews  to UK media. Apart from repeating her claim did she, could she offer any substantiating verified  evidence? 

To date the Thai Police  have not said there was no  rape. They have discounted the allegations based on her own description of the location and timing which irrefutably demonstrates it is not valid.

She made no personal claim to Thai Police of anything other than the  loss/theft of  property which  would be sensible  for the purpose  of  travel insurance   claims.

A later claim made by the boyfriend was not accepted. They require  the "victim"  to  make the claim. She  was not incapacitated /hospitalized yet chose not to do so. 

Yet when the claim surfaced  via Media reports the Thai Police made  some effort to investigate. The result of that was  to conclude probable fabrication.

To  date no evidence or anything in support of the victims claim has been offered or found.

Rather it has been to the contrary.

That the Thai Police are still willing to hear "in person" the allegation  and any  detail that  might validly assist in pursuing an investigation seems  very  generous.

The threat of repercussions for false allegations  made to  Police  are not singular to Thailand but of  no consequence to this claimant while she is in the  UK.

4 minutes ago, madusa said:

A little little English is sufficient in this case. After all this English lady probably wouldn't be that interested to talk to him because she already got the piss off treatment(by RTP) while in Thailand (if I am not wrong). The British and the French would be really piss off if you take away their rights put it this way so this young lady got the diplomatic faux pas by the servants of the Kingdom of Thailand that is why she was so angry. I would be if I were her.

Well,  everyone in Thailand knows where they stand and how far they can go. So the outcome of the investigation? Justice? Democratic ? Rules ? Laws?  They don't have them since ancient times.

They don't seems to want to fight for justice not for the Farang anyway. So don't expect too much is one rule to follow while you are in Thailand. Have a nice day.

Sure...

Are you insinuating that the Thai-splendid heroes all-couldn't give a ratz posterior for "farang"?

Gosh...you are naughty..?

1 hour ago, Bundooman said:

Well, actually, I hope he is offered the same terms as the British police who went to Thailand. Strictly as an observer - no imput - no interrogation by him - let him understand that UK does not put up with intimidation and threats of incarceration.

"... let him understand that UK does not put up with intimidation and threats of incarceration".

How naïve can you get.  How do you think that UK police operate?

21 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

No, it does not show what a useless bugger he is, it shows that, despite all the garbage posted here by so many, he is serious and is prepared to go out of his way to set the record straight about Baxter's allegations.   The idea is to find out if Baxter has been fabricating stories or not.

Well, you were the Big mouth shouting the odds as to why she had declined to be interviewed.

You then ranted on about how suspicious this was and that she had ' declined an interview ' It looks like you might have egg on your face after all your outlandish suggestions, claims, retorts without proof or justification; and making her out to be a liar without any facts being established.

I predict that during the interview there will be lawyers present advising the girl, not to answer this and not to answer that so as not to incriminate herself.

I also predict that her statements will be just as vague and no convincing evidence given. Big Joke will leave England without any leads to investigate. This is going to turn into a media circus and if I were in that woman`s situation, I`d be very worried indeed.

56 minutes ago, jaiyen said:

Let him go, have a free holiday and get roasted by the media and come home as a prize <deleted> and lose face in front of everybody. He has no intention of taking the case seriously otherwise 20 people would be going !!

The police team investigating are going, can't you read?

At first I thought this guy was a Big Joke. Now I think that if he is doing half of what he is reported to have done then it is a hell of a lot more then I have seen happen in my 13 years of living here. Thailand needs a Dirty Harry Callahan to pull out the weeds. Good luck to him because he sure as hell is going to need it.

46 minutes ago, maddox41 said:

Lol he can't speak farang. He be slaughed  by the media Omg.  They can ask what every the want no Marjest law in old blighty  But I'm sure he will  bring back Yingluck  Boss and  the girl to face the family on koa tao.

This will be fun to watch??  

Seems from that post as though you can't speak "farang" either, so you're not exactly in a position to criticise him.

2 hours ago, spermwhale said:

I don't know why people are knocking this move by him. I think it's great considering that the girl says she's afraid to go back and testify. I think it shows he takes the claims seriously enough to give the victim the peace of mind that she can report the alleged crime to him in the protection of her own country. 

Or maybe there is going to be a big brown envelope  to help things along? 

3 minutes ago, cangolfbuilder said:

At first I thought this guy was a Big Joke. Now I think that if he is doing half of what he is reported to have done then it is a hell of a lot more then I have seen happen in my 13 years of living here. Thailand needs a Dirty Harry Callahan to pull out the weeds. Good luck to him because he sure as hell is going to need it.

Sure you do.

14 posts.

Splendid,well done.

34 minutes ago, rossco1 said:

I don't understand He said investergated and concluded no case.

Why go to UK to interview when already decided no grounds 

Very simple, he came to that conclusion after making enquiries here with no assistance from, or even an official complaint of rape being made to the police by, the girl, just hearsay from her mother in the UK.  Now it would appear that she may be prepared to be interviewed.  That's why.

35 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Because some reasonable individuals might ask, how can you possibly come to any legitimate conclusion in a criminal case investigation when you've never actually interviewed the alleged victim re the allegations, and the alleged victim is available for interview...

...and the alleged victim is now available for interview.

In all likelihood, the whole UK trip thing is just a big PR exercise / foreign junket on the part of the RTP.

I mean, once your senior police leadership has already publicly declared there was no rape and spent most of their time threatening the alleged victim, it would be virtually impossibly for the same police (especially in Thailand) to interview the alleged victim and then do an about face and publicly say they were wrong and that a crime may well have occurred.

They've made their bed -- prior to ever having interviewed the alleged victim -- and I'd wager there's a 99.99% likelihood that's the bed they're going to stay in, regardless of what does or doesn't come from the interview.

That's what happens when you make the unprofessional decision to make pronouncements in criminal cases prior to having completed all the elements of a proper investigation -- and one of those is interviewing the alleged victim.

33 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Are you looking to get the ThaiVisa victim blaming award of the month?

Maybe she's telling the truth, maybe she's not. But neither you or I are in any legitimate position to make any judgments about that.

And neither are the Thai police (even though they've already publicly done so), especially when they've yet to actually interview the alleged victim and hear her account directly, and question her about it, including any facts and details they may consider inconsistent.

I'm not blaming anyone, I am saying that her story has been full of holes since day one, which it has been, and that she now has a chance to prove what she's been alleging and actually make a rape complaint to the only person who can take it further.

I'm not making judgements, I'm voicing my rational opinion based on what's been reported and what she has said to The Times.

23 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

Which murder?  The BBC has no authority to allow or not allow him to conduct an interview!

Didn't anyone tell you (before you joined the KT defence tag team) that 2 tourists were murdered on Koh Tao in 2014. Maybe the BBC should show a documentary about it to bring you up to date on the dubious history of this infamous resort island.

1 minute ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

In all likelihood, the whole UK trip thing is just a big PR exercise / foreign junket on the part of the RTP.

I mean, once your senior police leadership has already publicly declared there was no rape and spent most of their time threatening the alleged victim, it would be virtually impossibly for the same police (especially in Thailand) to interview the alleged victim and then do an about face and publicly say they were wrong and that a crime may well have occurred.

They've made their bed -- prior to ever having interviewed the alleged victim -- and I'd wager there's a 99.99% likelihood that's the bed they're going to stay in, regardless of what does or doesn't come from the interview.

That's what happens when you make the unprofessional decision to make pronouncements in criminal cases prior to having completed all the elements of a proper investigation -- and one of those is interviewing the alleged victim.

No-one is interested in them.

Do you not understand that?

Archived