Question about wooden doors on Thai concrete kitchen counters

zeekgarcia

Looking for someone near Koolpuntville 9 that can repair some wooden cabinet doors in our kitchen. 

Can these wooden doors to the standard Thai concrete counters in kitchens be refinished?

It looks like the finished side of the wooden door was somehow attached to the wooden door.

Or where could I buy these wood cabinet doors for Thai concrete counters and about how much would they cost?

Also where can I buy the door knobs as one is broken, as you can see in the picture. 

P_20180914_211331.jpg

P_20180914_211409.jpg

P_20180914_211441.jpg

the "finished" side that you refer to looks to be plywood.   It is not repairable,  but could be replaced if you can find

someone who does small wood-working jobs.  (not many will do this)   The simplest solution IMO is to take the doors

off of the wooden frame and replace them (with hardwood would be best).    You still need someone who can fit the new ones on (just hinge and screws but might need a little adjusting).

A large shop called SUKSAWAT is across the road from Central Festival on access road.  They can custom make OR

you can ask advice.  If you take photo in or better yet an old door that might help.  They do sell  premade units but

since you are replacing it seems easier to just get the right size doors....and not plywood.

when i say not repairable i mean i do not think it will be cost effective or turn out well

The just past the Big C/HomePro intersection going south to Hang Dong is a woodshop that makes the under cabinet style doors.. Stop in there and chat them up... they mostly have the louvered Thai stylre but can make to order... If all your doors are the same size remove one and go show it to them... I personally like and installed the teak wood louvered style that I just finished off with teak oil and painted the frames brown...

Also for knobs there is a place at the end of Zone 5 in Baan Tawai that has all sorts of knobs and such...

F84B5E57-B1C8-4678-B38C-555853CC8E46.png

A835BAB3-D73C-4FD0-B261-28E426477C68.png

If you can figure out how to keep those doors dry they will last much longer.  You probably only need to replace/repair the one(s) under the sink.

As mentioned above Suksawat can make for you.  Not sure if it is the branch mentioned above or the other nearby branch or both.  The other branch has made for me in the past.

11 hours ago, Dante99 said:

If you can figure out how to keep those doors dry they will last much longer.  You probably only need to replace/repair the one(s) under the sink.

As mentioned above Suksawat can make for you.  Not sure if it is the branch mentioned above or the other nearby branch or both.  The other branch has made for me in the past.

the other branch (nearby) is a little harder to give directions to... OP can go to the one on the access road and they will

direct him to the other which is on a smaller soi nearby if needed.    you're right, those plywood ones when get wet are not going to last.

Archived