Jomtien Immigration, TM30 and Residence Cert. in under 30 minutes

CH1961

Yesterday, Thursday, Jomtien Immigration, in at 10am, TM30 .. only 3 numbers to wait .. out in 5 minutes, no fee. 2 Pictures made for Residence Cert. nearby for 100 Baht. Desk 9 (Residence Cert.) only 1 number to wait. Then had to wait 10 Minutes to get Certificate, 300 Baht fee. Off season in Pattaya ?

In another site I just read where the chief of immigration Phuket said it was illegal to charge a fee for this service. 

He made this statement in February this year.

Clearly saying Thai law says it's free service. 

And to report any officers who ask for a fee.

สตีเฟ่น แม็คเคย์ https://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-immigration-chief-calls-on-expats-to-report-wrongful-requests-for-fees-65831.php#7xX2do4xo1JSbO1T.97

Anyone want to comment?

49 minutes ago, dallen52 said:

In another site I just read where the chief of immigration Phuket said it was illegal to charge a fee for this service. 

สตีเฟ่น แม็คเคย์ https://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-immigration-chief-calls-on-expats-to-report-wrongful-requests-for-fees-65831.php#7xX2do4xo1JSbO1T.97

Anyone want to comment?

Phuket IO is probably raking money in hand over fist on all sorts of markups on the fees they can charge.

Roundabouts & swings...

Apparently the service is free - but it will take 2-3 days to get your certificate if you chose that route.

(Supposedly the fee charged is for "expedited" service. I recall when I used to go to Jomtien to get a Res Certificate afew years ago when they were done in that office in the back-right corner, you'd have to drop all your paperwork off and come back the next day to get the Cert and it was still 100 baht.)

Maybe they decided to offer an "expedited" service and charge a higher fee to see if people were willing to pay it. For a lot of people, having to come back in a day (or 2, or 3) would be more expensive than paying the extra fee.

Did my 90 day report on Monday morning at 9.30.

Walk in door and get ticket for queue 30 seconds

Walk inside, sit down and wait for number to be called 45 seconds

Officer does the report and prints out new slip 60 seconds

Walk to the exit 15 seconds

Total time in Jomtien Immigration for a 90 day report - 2.5 minutes !

I wish I could get served that quick in my bank, 7/11 or superstore !   :smile:

11 hours ago, NanLaew said:

Phuket IO is probably raking money in hand over fist on all sorts of markups on the fees they can charge.

Roundabouts & swings...

Last week a certificate of residence for a driving license, 500฿ in Samui Immigration.

This sheet of paper made in one minute more expensive than the driving license itself :cheesy:

On 9/15/2018 at 1:25 PM, CH1961 said:

2 Pictures made for Residence Cert. nearby for 100 Baht.

Whats this Residence Cert?? that costs 100THB and 500THB in Samui??

Where I live we just supply the free TM30 form filled in with photocopy of the blue house book and owners ID card (2 baht a copy in a copy shop - but we have our own copier so just pay for the paper!). 

Did my 90 day report on Monday morning at 9.30.

Walk in door and get ticket for queue 30 seconds

Walk inside, sit down and wait for number to be called 45 seconds

Officer does the report and prints out new slip 60 seconds

Walk to the exit 15 seconds

Total time in Jomtien Immigration for a 90 day report - 2.5 minutes !

Same at me, go to drive shop and 2 minit go to immigration office, sit to office sametime no need wait, 2 minit and papers ready, out 90 day have ready again and drive to shop buy food, easy, 10 minit work ewery 90 day, no hard.

Hit and miss. I was there yesterday afternoon for a residence certificate. In and out in 40

minutes and a 300 baht no receipt fee. Two weeks ago I was there for a residence certificate.

That took 4 hours. Only 15 people/numbers in front but slow, slow progress The same 300 baht

no receipt fee. 

19 hours ago, dallen52 said:

Anyone want to comment?

Yes they are robbing us. You can refuse at the desk. I did 2 years ago. I got the form. But she will call that gay guy over and he will say go go. You need to take it up upstairs with the bosses

It is a free service they should be fired

10 hours ago, Kerryd said:

Apparently the service is free - but it will take 2-3 days to get your certificate if you chose that route.

(Supposedly the fee charged is for "expedited" service. I recall when I used to go to Jomtien to get a Res Certificate afew years ago when they were done in that office in the back-right corner, you'd have to drop all your paperwork off and come back the next day to get the Cert and it was still 100 baht.)

Maybe they decided to offer an "expedited" service and charge a higher fee to see if people were willing to pay it. For a lot of people, having to come back in a day (or 2, or 3) would be more expensive than paying the extra fee.

Bottom.line there robbing people and breaking the law. You must give a receipt for any government service. I think they need to be reported to BKK

Bottom.line there robbing people and breaking the law. You must give a receipt for any government service. I think they need to be reported to BKK

After being reported to BKK what happens when they then say it will take 3 weeks to get the letter...or they say they won't issue one and to go get it from your embassy in BKK for 2000-3000 baht ? Isn't it better to pay a small fee and get the letter in 20 mins vs 3 weeks or a trip to BKK ?

7 minutes ago, johng said:

After being reported to BKK what happens when they then say it will take 3 weeks to get the letter...or they say they won't issue one and to go get it from your embassy in BKK for 2000-3000 baht ? Isn't it better to pay a small fee and get the letter in 20 mins vs 3 weeks or a trip to BKK ?

Bla bla they are employees what will happen then they will be reported and doubt with by there superiors. You not half Thai are you lol. They need to be reported priks 

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎9‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 5:41 PM, Media1 said:

Well, you claim you were the victim of this major crime.

Why don't you do the right thing and go to BKK and report it??

Archived