Re-Entry Permit At Suvarnabhumi Airport

Im on an extension of stay from a Non O visa and I need to fly out of Thailand for a few weeks. Its been a while since I needed to apply a re entry permit to maintain my visa extension. Would anyone know if the re entry permit is still available at Suvarnabhumi airport and If yes..

1. where is the desk located now (is it in the same place at the bottom of the escalator just before passport control?)

2. how much does the re entry permit cost now (from memory it was maybe around 900thb to 1900thb?)

3. how long does it take to apply please? (I remember I previously needed to wait about 20-30 minutes)

Thanks in advance

Hi Maybe in the wrong place but sorry not yet experienced.
Can someone please  clarify and I have a permission to stay visa and if I  go out of Thailand I will need a reentry permit from my local immigration office and am I right that when one comes back in to Thailand the 90 day reporting comes in to force on that day.Thank you

13 minutes ago, john west said:

Can someone please  clarify and I have a permission to stay visa and if I  go out of Thailand I will need a reentry permit from my local immigration office and am I right that when one comes back in to Thailand the 90 day reporting comes in to force on that day.Thank you

Your 90 day report would be due 90 days from the date you enter the country including that day in the count.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just to update, as Ubon Joe confirmed the re-entry permit is available as described although one thing I did notice is that they ask for 1200 Baht and no longer seem to provide the option of filling the form in yourself. They take a photo and its printed on the paper and they hand you a receipt for 200 baht for the privilege. Its handy although I would have preferred to have been given the option since I had a photo and I had to wait 20 minutes anyway so I could have completed the form myself anyhow.

All done thanks for the info Joe

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NightSky said:

Just to update, as Ubon Joe confirmed the re-entry permit is available as described although one thing I did notice is that they ask for 1200 Baht and no longer seem to provide the option of filling the form in yourself.

I think you would have to have the TM8 form completed with a photo attached and the required copies ready to avoid the 200 baht service charge.

• Like 1

On 9/22/2018 at 3:33 AM, NightSky said:

Just to update, as Ubon Joe confirmed the re-entry permit is available as described although one thing I did notice is that they ask for 1200 Baht and no longer seem to provide the option of filling the form in yourself. They take a photo and its printed on the paper and they hand you a receipt for 200 baht for the privilege. Its handy although I would have preferred to have been given the option since I had a photo and I had to wait 20 minutes anyway so I could have completed the form myself anyhow.

All done thanks for the info Joe

My experience in downloading and filling out the form BEFORE going to the airport re-entry permit desk is they'll still handball the data on your form into their electronic form but waive the 200 baht 'convenience' fee. However, the next time, since they already have your picture and data on file, just let them do it and pay the extra 200 as it saves buggering about downloading, printing and filling in the form anywhere beforehand.

A few more re-entry permit-related questions:

What happens if you need to change the date of your return flight?

Will immigration still honor the re-entry permit if your new return date is later than the date specified on the permit?

What if your rescheduled return date is earlier?

If I need more flexibility in travel planning, can I specify an arbitrary return date on the TM8 with the intention of returning before that date?

6 hours ago, fusion58 said:

A few more re-entry permit-related questions:

You can put any dates you want to the TM8 re-entry permit form when you do the application (some offices allow you to leave them blank). The dates are not shown on the re-entry permit stamp.

27 minutes ago, john west said:

Do I need anything for the reentry at Immigration please

To apply for a re-entry permit you need a completed TM8 form with a photo attached. Copies of your passport photo page, visa, extension, entry stamp and TM6 departure card.

• 2 months later...
5 minutes ago, GoDucks said:

Opening and closing times for the counter?  Or is it 24 hours now?  I went a year ago at 2 am and the counter was closed.

The re-entry permit desks at both airports in Bangkok are open 24 hours a day.

• 5 months later...
On 9/15/2018 at 3:51 PM, ubonjoe said:

1. That is correct. Just note it is in immigration zone 2.

2. A single re-entry permit is 1000 baht and for a multiple 3800 baht. For a additional service charge of 200 baht you do not need a photo, form or copies.

3. Probabley less unless they are very busy.

Does anyone knows if it possible to get a re-entry at Suvarnabhumi Airport if you not fly?

21 minutes ago, ddl said:

Does anyone knows if it possible to get a re-entry at Suvarnabhumi Airport if you not fly?

The re-entry permit desk is after security for departures from the country so it is not possible unless you are leaving the country.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, RRunner said:

Hi!

If I get a re-entry permit at the airport (fly to Cambodia), can I get back to Thailand by bus or do I have an airplane?

You can walk, fly....whatever you wish. Don't use Poipet

Edited by DrJack54