Tourist police focus on all 1,400 Nigerians after five arrested over scams

Jonathan Fairfield

39 minutes ago, rott said:

Not being pedantic again but the word was gobs height (the final s was for the plural.)

A zulu tried to stab me once in Durban so I tended to be a bit wary.

Oh I thought you had mispelled the Irish phrase Gob <deleted> or you had dyslexia. 

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
39 minutes ago, rott said:

Not being pedantic again but the word was gobs height (the final s was for the plural.)

A zulu tried to stab me once in Durban so I tended to be a bit wary.

Michael Caine gets stabbed by one every Christmas.

On 9/15/2018 at 10:41 AM, sweatalot said:

... about time, but - are those illegals who entered without passing by immigration included in the 1400?

May be those being here legally are not the ones they really look for

My Thai friend in Chonburi Immigration reckons there are over 15,000 illegal Africans and South Asians in Southern Thailand, some coming in from Malaysia, most from Cambodia by boat.  They quickly disappear  for awhile, then resurface to join Gangs...........Banning them from Thai Visa;s won't work for every legal, there are 15 illegals.................most actually just want an easier life, maybe 25% are criminals.

Only real benefit they could offer the Nation is in Safari Parks or Zoos.To be fair 75% off men here under retirement age are surplus to requirement in their own country, black or white and just  borderline poverty bums anyway. This place is for retirement, not making enough to retire.Apart from a Holiday no one should be let in without a Pension.Sorry entitled Millennial's here, but your no better than the ones you criticise.

7 hours ago, TunnelRat69 said:

My Thai friend in Chonburi Immigration reckons there are over 15,000 illegal Africans and South Asians in Southern Thailand, some coming in from Malaysia, most from Cambodia by boat.  They quickly disappear  for awhile, then resurface to join Gangs...........Banning them from Thai Visa;s won't work for every legal, there are 15 illegals.................most actually just want an easier life, maybe 25% are criminals.

Try about 95% are criminals in Thailand....Unless you consider drugs

and scams legitimate work...  

3 minutes ago, HAKAPALITA said:

Only real benefit they could offer the Nation is in Safari Parks or Zoos.To be fair 75% off men here under retirement age are surplus to requirement in their own country, black or white and just  borderline poverty bums anyway. This place is for retirement, not making enough to retire.Apart from a Holiday no one should be let in without a Pension.Sorry entitled Millennial's here, but your no better than the ones you criticise.

yeah, so only old retired pensioners should be in thailand? if you say so old man 5555

4 minutes ago, Happy enough said:

yeah, so only old retired pensioners should be in thailand? if you say so old man 5555

I certainly do, horrid things, cant put Caps on right way round, stink of weed, and clog up 7/11 buying up the Toasted Wax Sandwiches before i can get there.! 

21 hours ago, Patanawet said:

On what are you basing your figures?

Give proof or sod off.

The proof is there empirically.

If 10 smokers are in a room and 9 drop their ash on the floor then it is safe to say that most smokers ash on the floor.

2 hours ago, Happy enough said:

Only retired old pensioners have earned the right to live here and only retired old pensioners are senile enough to stay here.  :cheesy:

19 hours ago, Borzandy said:

They are sent to Thailand and others countries by their corrupted government.

That’s an outright lie. Yes their government is corrupt but they weren’t sent here. Geez. 

It’s quite funny but actually the Narcotics distributors have long been welcomed to operate by law enforcement. The worlds cocaine distribution hinges on Nigerian cartels and have always given them a free pass. The current ruckus is nobody wants cocaine anymore, they want methamphetine (ice). They are now branching out into ice distribution, which is Army/Police money. Never eat off the locals plate. If you read the arrests it’s always ice and seldom cocaine. Those characters hanging out on soi 13 are police “sanctioned”.

5 hours ago, HAKAPALITA said:

How do you see them being beneficial in safari parks or zoos? Care to elaborate?

23 hours ago, fforest1 said:

What jobs are available for the VAST MAJORITY of Nigerians in Thailand?.....Teach English? Nope ,Nigerian restaurants? Nope,Nigerian tour guides? Nope, How many Nigerian beer bar owners have you seen?

They can not take Thai jobs like operating food carts so thats out..

Do they all work in the computer field? Are they all independently wealthy?......... 

Please tell us exactly how they support themselves..

The vast majority are attending universities. Of course they can teach English, there’s two Nigerian restaurants. One on soi 2 and the other in pratunam. There are two nightclubs that are owned by a Nigerian, a Cameroonian, and of course a Thai. Not to mention there are several here as Ministers and don’t forget football players and then of course the poor schmucks who married a Thai woman account for a few and then there is just tourist. 

Are Nigerians wrongfully associated as scammers and drug traffickers?   Well they’ve earned it but the hateful comments are disappointing. One out of every eight Africans on the planet is a Nigerian and their ambition and aggressiveness  paints a poor picture. 

It’s obvious that many of the members of Thaivisa are proud that they are bigots and actually celebrate the Thai governments racist policies. 

15 hours ago, The manic said:

Not all Nigerians are criminals but most of whom we see here are involved in sex work, pimping or drug dealing.  Apparently Overstay issues and Romance scams are also an issue here. We all know of email scams which seem to originates exclusively from Nigeria. Even in Africa and in the Caribbean Nigerians have a reputation for dishonesty. However the authorities could equally target Russians or Israelis but neither have quite the reputation of Nigerians.  Regarding Nigerian English language teachers - no way. The Thais would not accept them and professional DOS would not employ them due to issues of intonation etc.

Lots of good guessing and I suggest that people actually speak to people and find out the facts. Sex workers none. Pimps? None. Drug traffickers. Yes. I mentioned it before that Nigerians are the distribution cartels for cocaine. Nigerians could easily be English teachers, their education levels would amaze many here. I think they are to proud to work for 13,000 a month, unlike the Ugandan and Kenyans. 

You’re right about the overstays. There are many. Nigerians cannot do border runs. They have to apply in person in Abuja. It’s more economical just to stay illegal. Interestingly enough a lot of the traffickers are opening up companies as shipping agents, smart move.  Those young men you see in the farang ghetto offering drugs are the poor souls left behind. They were brought over by a cousin or uncle under the guise of going to the university. One week later slinging dope on Sukhumvit. My best friend in Thailand was arrested two years ago for distribution. He and most of them are simple farm boys and although they know that they are selling drugs in the ball. None of them actually have seen the drugs nor have any idea of the effects. It’s odd and lastly in my defense of them, visit the Thailand Embassy Abuja and skim through the visa requirements. I wish we had the same obstacles. 

I admire them because they’re intelligent and hard working. They’re not staggering around drunk and dressed like a vagrant. They’re workers and it’s a point of friction when people encounter them. 

38 minutes ago, Michael Stribling said:

Lots of good guessing and I suggest that people actually speak to people and find out the facts. Sex workers none. Pimps? None. Drug traffickers. Yes. I mentioned it before that Nigerians are the distribution cartels for cocaine. Nigerians could easily be English teachers, their education levels would amaze many here. I think they are to proud to work for 13,000 a month, unlike the Ugandan and Kenyans. 

You’re right about the overstays. There are many. Nigerians cannot do border runs. They have to apply in person in Abuja. It’s more economical just to stay illegal. Interestingly enough a lot of the traffickers are opening up companies as shipping agents, smart move.  Those young men you see in the farang ghetto offering drugs are the poor souls left behind. They were brought over by a cousin or uncle under the guise of going to the university. One week later slinging dope on Sukhumvit. My best friend in Thailand was arrested two years ago for distribution. He and most of them are simple farm boys and although they know that they are selling drugs in the ball. None of them actually have seen the drugs nor have any idea of the effects. It’s odd and lastly in my defense of them, visit the Thailand Embassy Abuja and skim through the visa requirements. I wish we had the same obstacles. 

I admire them because they’re intelligent and hard working. They’re not staggering around drunk and dressed like a vagrant. They’re workers and it’s a point of friction when people encounter them. 

Nigerians as victims! Priceless - I thought I had heard everything on this forum...

Seems like you have a case of Abuja Syndrome.

24 minutes ago, brucec64 said:

Nigerians as victims! Priceless - I thought I had heard everything on this forum...

Seems like you have a case of Abuja Syndrome.

No. Far from it. I stated that they know exactly what they are doing is wrong. But yes, when a government singles you out based on your nationality and emplaces policy directly to inconvenience you; then you are a victim 

Explain Abuja syndrome. Do you mean that I like African people and don’t consider myself to be better than them?

And yes you’ll read some outlandish stuff here. 

Nigerians are famous for the Nigerian scam (419 scam). It has been going on for years. It usually starts off with something like this, " I am a Nigerian Prince and need to move $25 Million out of Nigeria to a safe haven. Kindly send me all your information. There will be an upfront fee 0f XXX dollars for me to pay off the transit costs, so after you send me money, I will place $5 Million in your bank account. Blah, Blah, Blah."  People still fall for this BS and send money and get ripped off, then cry about it. Unbelievable! 

4 minutes ago, Michael Stribling said:

No. Far from it. I stated that they know exactly what they are doing is wrong. But yes, when a government singles you out based on your nationality and emplaces policy directly to inconvenience you; then you are a victim 

Explain Abuja syndrome. Do you mean that I like African people and don’t consider myself to be better than them?

And yes you’ll read some outlandish stuff here. 

I agree with much of what you say. This thread has only demonstrated & confirmed that there are a fair few racists & bigots here, along with sections of the BIB.

Yes, Nigerians do teach here, even in the Universities. I've met a few and Mr Google confirms that they certainly exist. It also doesn't take much searching (for those who might want actual facts) to establish that there are quite a few Nigerians playing football in the Thai leagues. Some work in the gem trade, especially in Chachongsao.

Yes there are Nigerian drug pushers and fraudsters in and around Sukhumvit Sois 3-5 in Bangkok. Yes, there is the Nigerian email scam which has been taken over by all sorts of con artists from a variety of countries. I've received them from South Africa, Botswana, Ivory Coast & nowhere in particular.

16 hours ago, Michael Stribling said:

That says a lot about the circle you keep. 

Wow, what a profound statement. And no, it does not.  Actually, i live a drug/alcohol and crime free lifestyle.  My observation is based  on what i have seen in Bangkok and other parts of thailand, as well as extensive reading on the subject.

And what about you, my pompous, puritan,  and arrogant friend?   do you know lots of law abiding and constructively employed Nigerians in Bangkok?  if so, bring them to our attention, so that we may stop maligning these wonderful souls.

Well now, you have aroused my curiosity about you and your posts, and I have read some of your posts.  It appears that you are fond of pulling your "facts"  out of some place where the sun doesn't shine.   
Nonsensical point number 1: 

"The worlds cocaine distribution hinges on Nigerian cartels"
What BS this is!  I guess you've not heard of Colombia or Mexico?  If there are  Nigerian cartels running cocaine, where do you think the actual product originates from? 

I'm not interested in reading any more of your posts to find additional nonsense.  It appears you are a guy who needs attention, and likes to get it by antagonizing others on this board.  

Good day sir. 

Archived