Tourist police focus on all 1,400 Nigerians after five arrested over scams

Jonathan Fairfield

16 hours ago, Michael Stribling said:

Lots of good guessing and I suggest that people actually speak to people and find out the facts. Sex workers none.

You're having a laugh! Whole community of Nigerian sex workers in Pattaya. Met one in Saigon. Really nice girl. Great English, sexy accent, happy to accept 1.5 million Dong in the morning.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Usually I'm one of those "don't over generalize" types. But, in the case of Nigerians...it does seem legitimate. I've yet to meet an African from a country other than Nigeria who has anything even remotely nice to say about them.
I've worked all over Africa, including Nigeria. I did meet a lot of really genuine honest people there, but also a disproportionate number of hard-core and opportunistic scammers. On one job, one of the guys assigned to me informed me his wife was pregnant. About a week later he announced that the baby had been born and in my honour had named him Steve. Without pausing for breath he informed me that it was traditional for someone who had a baby named after them to make a donation. How they can change name by deed poll [emoji1]

Sent from my SM-G920F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

On 9/15/2018 at 11:56 PM, Cereal said:

Usually I'm one of those "don't over generalize" types. But, in the case of Nigerians...it does seem legitimate. I've yet to meet an African from a country other than Nigeria who has anything even remotely nice to say about them.

I don't mind a little scrutiny, as long as it doesn't degenerate into harassment.  Statistically it seems like that group of people should be scrutinized and anyway, it is Thailand and a country can do what it likes.  I doubt the Thai tourism economy would suffer too much if the Nigerian ambassador starts complaining or threatening to stop Nigeria tourism. 

6 hours ago, alfalfa19 said:

Wow, what a profound statement. And no, it does not.  Actually, i live a drug/alcohol and crime free lifestyle.  My observation is based  on what i have seen in Bangkok and other parts of thailand, as well as extensive reading on the subject.

And what about you, my pompous, puritan,  and arrogant friend?   do you know lots of law abiding and constructively employed Nigerians in Bangkok?  if so, bring them to our attention, so that we may stop maligning these wonderful souls.

Well now, you have aroused my curiosity about you and your posts, and I have read some of your posts.  It appears that you are fond of pulling your "facts"  out of some place where the sun doesn't shine.   
Nonsensical point number 1: 

"The worlds cocaine distribution hinges on Nigerian cartels"
What BS this is!  I guess you've not heard of Colombia or Mexico?  If there are  Nigerian cartels running cocaine, where do you think the actual product originates from? 

I'm not interested in reading any more of your posts to find additional nonsense.  It appears you are a guy who needs attention, and likes to get it by antagonizing others on this board.  

Good day sir. 

Distribution is the key. 

On 9/16/2018 at 4:37 AM, Lupatria said:

Can we suggest that each Nigerian scammer has at least two Thai accomplices? So if they round up 1.400 Nigerian love scam suspects, will they also go after 2.800 Thai assistants?

They checked every Nigerian, which totalled 1400.  Thais in Thailand number over 60 million; quite a few more than your number of 2800.

Your chances of finding even one of the 2800 assistants if you took a random sample of 2800 Thais must be astronomical.

Just now, HAKAPALITA said:

You can see  EtnicAfrican Hookers trading in Pats everyday. Those E Beggars post on You Tube regularly, worse than the Hookers to me. No workpermis either.

But they aren't all Nigerian.  A lot of them are from Ghana, Uganda, Madagascar.

Are you suggesting they should apply for a work permit to be a prostitute?  

4 minutes ago, ndfdjnd said:

But they aren't all Nigerian.  A lot of them are from Ghana, Uganda, Madagascar.

Are you suggesting they should apply for a work permit to be a prostitute?  

No but Tubers should, they get money from filming them.Well , A blind man on a galloping horse can see they aint Chinese tourists, with those Tennis Player African Buts.

On 9/16/2018 at 10:37 AM, Lupatria said:

Can we suggest that each Nigerian scammer has at least two Thai accomplices? So if they round up 1.400 Nigerian love scam suspects, will they also go after 2.800 Thai assistants?

Dont be silly. The Thai's were conned into helping them

28 minutes ago, Michael Stribling said:

Things are not what you believe. ฿1000 is my wager that you rented a Ugandan. 

Make it 2000 baht and cover my costs.

During breakfast we talked about her having difficulties getting a visa for Thailand, during which she showed me her passport. Nigerian.

Really lovely girl, 26. Would have liked to have been able to have spent more time with her but, unfortunately, I was returning to Thailand that morning.

24 minutes ago, Spidey said:

Make it 2000 baht and cover my costs.

During breakfast we talked about her having difficulties getting a visa for Thailand, during which she showed me her passport. Nigerian.

Really lovely girl, 26. Would have liked to have been able to have spent more time with her but, unfortunately, I was returning to Thailand that morning.

Sorry for my poor speculation 

On 9/16/2018 at 10:29 AM, alfalfa19 said:

I've heard that there are a couple of honest ones in Thailand,  working at legitimate jobs.  However, I have not encountered them. 

I've known one for a decade and he's the salt of the earth! Obviously in the minority.

Archived