Yingluck posts reviews of Moscow during visit with Thaksin

Jonathan Fairfield

Yingluck posts reviews of Moscow during visit with Thaksin

By The Nation

n2.jpeg

Fugitive former prime minister Yingluck Shinawatra announced on her Facebook wall on Saturday that she was visiting Moscow with her brother, fugitive former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra. Yingluck wrote that her brother took her to visit his friends.

“So, I take the chance to stroll here. I have not returned here for a long time. It has changed a lot and the roads are wider. Sidewalks have been put in order and they are tidy clean, resulting in more tourists and more economic activities,” Yingluck said in her post.

The former Pheu Thai PM fled the Kingdom two or three days before the Supreme Court’s Criminal Division for Holders of Political Office delivered a verdict on her rice-pledging scheme case in August last year.

She initially kept a low profile, but now more frequently updates her activities on social networks.

Observers consider the more frequent updates by the fugitive siblings as the nation heads to an election is a signal to Pheu Thai supporters that Thaksin has not abandoned the party.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30354544

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-09-15

"...Fugitive former prime minister Yingluck Shinawatra announced on her Facebook wall on Saturday that she was visiting Moscow with her brother, fugitive former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra. .."

Ahh! I do love a good troll!

Anyone care to guess what Prayut's blood pressure has reached upon seeing this? Anyone care to guess what his last thought is when going to bed at night? When he gets up in the morning?

Poor, poor Prayut; it is a reminder that no matter what he does, he can't touch them and they will forever be more popular and beloved than he. I take great satisfaction that it may cause him ulcers...

:cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

2 hours ago, thaiguzzi said:

Keep it YL baby, anything that pi$$es Mr P off is good in my book.

....and they do get around quite frequently, don't they? 

Seen here and there, the world over, for business and pleasure.

And continue to promote and receive the attention that is most undesirable to the Thai ruling class. 

The real threat and concern to Prayut and his circles  will be the possibility of losing the election majority and such political scheming as to grant the Shinawatras a full pardon, heralding their return. 

The chaos that might create....heh?

1 hour ago, OneMoreFarang said:

And I am sure they both would love to live in Thailand and be treated like nobility.

But that is over now. So sad for the criminal fugitives.

Unlike the accepted criminals that have been ruling the roost for ages.

That's ok, huh?

3 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

And I am sure they both would love to live in Thailand and be treated like nobility.

But that is over now. So sad for the criminal fugitives.

Criminal fugitives ? You mean they were put on trial by a Thai court of "justice". As witnessed that they can go anywhere they want, the term criminal fugitives is highly inflated !

Let's not forget that Thailand is actually governed by criminals, criminals that gave themselves amnesty from prosecution further invalidating your remark. 

30 minutes ago, sjaak327 said:

Criminal fugitives ? You mean they were put on trial by a Thai court of "justice". As witnessed that they can go anywhere they want, the term criminal fugitives is highly inflated !

Let's not forget that Thailand is actually governed by criminals, criminals that gave themselves amnesty from prosecution further invalidating your remark. 

Well said.

Many do miss any basic principle, less the continuing contradiction that is the Thai political circus.

4 hours ago, zzaa09 said:

....and they do get around quite frequently, don't they? 

Seen here and there, the world over, for business and pleasure.

And continue to promote and receive the attention that is most undesirable to the Thai ruling class. 

The real threat and concern to Prayut and his circles  will be the possibility of losing the election majority and such political scheming as to grant the Shinawatras a full pardon, heralding their return. 

The chaos that might create....heh?

Not really. They are campaigning hard, have their own constitution in place, ban political gatherings, have a binding 20 year policy already set up... But should it all go wrong, they have reserved for themselves the right to annul the election. Oh, and they are quite happy to kill an awful lot of people in order to maintain their positions.

I doubt they are too worried, given their subdued and docile population...

2 hours ago, baboon said:

Not really. They are campaigning hard, have their own constitution in place, ban political gatherings, have a binding 20 year policy already set up... But should it all go wrong, they have reserved for themselves the right to annul the election. Oh, and they are quite happy to kill an awful lot of people in order to maintain their positions.

I doubt they are too worried, given their subdued and docile population...

I think you are wrong here, yes they seem to have all basis covered. But that's just on the surface, in reality, what they have achieved is a ticking timebomb, and I am sure they know. The Thai aren't as subdued and docile as you think. Sooner or later, this whole charade will come crashing down. 

Meanwhile they are absolutely terrified of Thaksin and his sister. And for good reasons. 

11 hours ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

It has changed a lot and the roads are wider. Sidewalks have been put in order and they are tidy clean, resulting in more tourists and more economic activities,” Yingluck said in her post.

She's really taking the piss.

I really don't think she's as dumb as people made her out to be.

11 hours ago, Samui Bodoh said:

...Anyone care to guess what Prayut's blood pressure has reached upon seeing this? Anyone care to guess what his last thought is when going to bed at night? When he gets up in the morning? ...

Poor Prayuth.  He's the one who has to get up early and dress up to do the photo-op pictures in bug infested rice paddies and all that stuff. Not to mention stressful manly tasks like threatening to execute reporters who don't get his version of the truth.

4 hours ago, sjaak327 said:

I think you are wrong here, yes they seem to have all basis covered. But that's just on the surface, in reality, what they have achieved is a ticking timebomb, and I am sure they know. The Thai aren't as subdued and docile as you think. Sooner or later, this whole charade will come crashing down. 

Meanwhile they are absolutely terrified of Thaksin and his sister. And for good reasons. 

Well let's wait and see. However the day when you come back to me with 'See? I told you so' can't come soon enough as far as I am concerned...

5 hours ago, Damrongsak said:

Poor Prayuth.  He's the one who has to get up early and dress up to do the photo-op pictures in bug infested rice paddies and all that stuff. Not to mention stressful manly tasks like threatening to execute reporters who don't get his version of the truth.

He's discovering that this democracy business isn't all it's cracked up to be.

Churchill is reported to have said to the troops something along the lines: It's not enough to say: 'We did our best'. You have to deliver the outcomes.

Sidewalks have been put in order and they are tidy clean, resulting in more tourists and more economic activities,” Yingluck said in her post.

Right. Dependence on tourism and a street vendor economy, just like Thailand - except for tidy and clean. There she goes showing off her economic prowess again. What a mind !!!

Yinluck said about her visit to Moscow "Sidewalks have been put in order and they are tidy and clean, resulting in more tourists and more economic activities". Let us hope that contenders for next year's elections take a trip to Moscow (or any developed country) and witness this phenomenon for themselves, as the sidewalks in ChiangMai are a dangerous eyesore and a huge loss of face for Thailand's image.

9 minutes ago, Srikcir said:

Idaho USA!

Maybe a subtle message to Big Joke that she's not at home in Ol London town, so no need to come looking.

She'll feel more relaxed knowing neither herself nor Thaksin will be getting a tap on the shoulder whilst touring the great cities of Europe.

CANDA.

10 hours ago, sjaak327 said:

They have nothing to fear from YL.. she is the smartest Shin and has given up. Thaksin not that bright will keep fighting to bet back in power and entrench himself like the generals he despises. But realistically I don't see either of them making a return any day soon. 

As for the Thais not being docile.. your right but they are also not stupid.. they know that Thaksin uses them as pawns after the last time he promised to be there shoulder to shoulder when the bullets would fly.. but in reality he left them ASAP and let them die for him after lighting the fuse. They won't forget.. just like many are not happy with YL who promised to fight.. and then.. left.

So why would normal Thais fight for people like that who flee when it gets too hard for them and don't want the same as the generals. Remember Thaksin said democracy is not my goal... 

So why fight if the improvement is not much.. the Thais might get angry if they have a good alternative.. they have not.

I know you love to think different but in all the time the junta is in power.. nothing.. so that kinda disproves your points.

23 hours ago, sjaak327 said:

They have both been convicted by a court and fled - no appeals, and in Thaksin's case no denial and even an attempt to bribe the court. That makes them criminal fugitives regardless of the less than pristine justice system or somewhat unenthusiastic attempts at extradition. It suits some to keep them out.

But hey, their minions languishing in jail, those driven to bankruptcy and deep debt must love seeing the loving couple touring the world and posting twee photos of themselves.

Archived