First Hong Kong tourists pass through 20-second Suvarnabhumi entry

Jonathan Fairfield

33 minutes ago, DrTuner said:

There are machines at the exit too, put your passport on the reader plate, gate opens, get in the middle, fingerprint, out you go. About 1min, did that a few months back. HK also has them. About time they bought the system here.

Yes indeed, but after you pass through the machines there is a guy who checks your passport and boarding card before you pass in to the terminal, and often there is a queue there as there is only one guy.  Kind of defeats the object.

Knowsitlike, #16, explains it is possible for PR (permanent residents). In this case you need the TM6 card for leaving Thailand („on the way out“). But there not so many falangs with an PR, i guess.

Therefore it would be interesting to read details from somebody in TV who made this flight from Hong Kong (and if she/he needed a TM6). There are no doubts checking through the automatic pass control is the fastest way for people with a „tourist visa“. The demanded information has been delivered by CX (Hongkong) through the APPS to BKK.

But nothing is said about what you have to do or to show when leaving Thailand to Hong Kong by the same system. I guess you have to stay in the same row as every time before and to deliver the needed documents. Out of my viewpoint, that means leaving Thailand is not the same procedure as when arriving (by APPS). Result: you save time when arriving, not when leaving Thailand.

BTW, my best German friend is married to a Chinese lady, A few days before he told me this APPS (system) now is a normal procedure in most Airports of China, especially in the big ones. As in Kunming in his case. When arriving in Kunming he received a small „paper“ after finishing the process. This paper was needed for his departure. But I didn't ask for details.

2 hours ago, josephbloggs said:

Yes indeed, but after you pass through the machines there is a guy who checks your passport and boarding card before you pass in to the terminal, and often there is a queue there as there is only one guy.  Kind of defeats the object.

Ah. Last time I just walked straight through to the taxfree opposite the machines without anybody stopping me. Next check was at boarding. Depends on the day I suppose.

6 minutes ago, DrTuner said:

In SG it serves as secondary id at the automatic gates. First one is your passport. That's why they fingerprint you upon entry.

In Europe they, government or companies, are not allowed to have your finger prints for id, it is in violation of privacy law.

It's amazing then, there is no international law about it and some countries just do it? Or is it a violation in international law?

And you could be concerned about after they have your finger prints, will it be deleted when getting out Thailand.

Computer systems are hackable, or Thailand and i see Singapore can sell the prints?! What happens with your personal data?

5 hours ago, puck2 said:

Knowsitlike, #16, explains it is possible for PR (permanent residents). In this case you need the TM6 card for leaving Thailand („on the way out“). But there not so many falangs with an PR, i guess.

Therefore it would be interesting to read details from somebody in TV who made this flight from Hong Kong (and if she/he needed a TM6). There are no doubts checking through the automatic pass control is the fastest way for people with a „tourist visa“. The demanded information has been delivered by CX (Hongkong) through the APPS to BKK.

But nothing is said about what you have to do or to show when leaving Thailand to Hong Kong by the same system. I guess you have to stay in the same row as every time before and to deliver the needed documents. Out of my viewpoint, that means leaving Thailand is not the same procedure as when arriving (by APPS). Result: you save time when arriving, not when leaving Thailand.

BTW, my best German friend is married to a Chinese lady, A few days before he told me this APPS (system) now is a normal procedure in most Airports of China, especially in the big ones. As in Kunming in his case. When arriving in Kunming he received a small „paper“ after finishing the process. This paper was needed for his departure. But I didn't ask for details.

Flew in from Hong Kong last night,  Im HK resident with Oz Passport, and have Non-O based off marriage - had to fill in TM6 and went through normal lines to clear immigration (flying on HK Airlines).

On 9/15/2018 at 3:46 PM, RotMahKid said:

Just make this public to all the western tourists, who will be treated as second rang tourists and have to queue up for one or more hours.

Yep- because good things always just happen over night don't they? First the SIngs, then the Chinese, then who knows next?

What is a rang btw?

On 9/15/2018 at 4:17 PM, seajae said:

I flew into swampy last week tm6 was still needed, on the flight(thai airways) they were saying that permanent foreign residents living in Thailand could use the thai check point custom entry but I wasnt sure if that meant those of us married and living here(yearly extensions) or not so just went through the foreign line

Could somebody clarify this matter?

6 hours ago, xtrnuno41 said:

In Europe they, government or companies, are not allowed to have your finger prints for id, it is in violation of privacy law.

It's amazing then, there is no international law about it and some countries just do it? Or is it a violation in international law?

And you could be concerned about after they have your finger prints, will it be deleted when getting out Thailand.

Computer systems are hackable, or Thailand and i see Singapore can sell the prints?! What happens with your personal data?

Well I guess with your thinking they could sell your passport information and photo to anyone.

If you are so concerned about it then maybe stay home and don't travel at all.

1 hour ago, nong38 said:

fingerprints are so third world don't you think?

Well yeah, first time I ever got fingerprinted with the old school ink system was here. Then it took 2 months to go to DSI in BKK and back. Real hitech, Thailand 4.0 + service pack.

Retina scans are much better and quicker.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes if you are a Permanent Resident then you can register at the immigration counter at the airport (there are two counters just after the immigration desks both at arrivals and departures and there is one form needed very easy to fill in). And then you don’t need a TM6 at all if you use the auto channels either for leaving or arriving, I do still just use it to exit though as the Thai Air business class security is faster overall and there is no auto channel there. It’s a good point that if you check in a bag (I usually don’t unless with the wife!) then using the auto you will be there in seconds and might have a longer wait for it to arrive 555

Archived