Tuning box

riche60

Hi everyone i have a new mazda 2 skyactive diesel and have brought a dti tunning box in the uk. The box gives more bhp and torque, also leaves no trace when taken out, i will be back in pattaya for a few days early next month. The box can be fitted in 10 mins they tell me no tools needed, does anyone no a shop that could do this or should i just follow the video they sent me thanks to you all in advance

11 minutes ago, HauptmannUK said:

Most of these simply plug into the wiring harness and modify existing sensor signals to fool the ECU into injecting more fuel. This will increase engine power output but its not a great strategy. 

But it works and for little money...Provides power when you need it.... My ride stock was 163hp and 360+ft/lb Torque. The 10 minute job provided 200hp and 400 ft/lb of torque..It was a blast till it packed up....?

3 hours ago, transam said:

But it works and for little money...Provides power when you need it.... My ride stock was 163hp and 360+ft/lb Torque. The 10 minute job provided 200hp and 400 ft/lb of torque..It was a blast till it packed up....?

The boxes generally plug into the fuel rail pressure sensor. The box modifies the pressure signal to fool the ECU into increasing the fuel pressure. This obviously increases the quantity of fuel injected and hence the power. Its a blunt-instrument approach however and its not uncommon for fuel system seals to leak, or even the rail itself to split after a time (common on the GM/FIAT engines for example). It also results in overfuelling under high load conditions.

A far better approach is a custom remap of the ECU. Extra fuel can then be injected by increasing the injector opening duration or the number of injection pulses per cycle. This can be optimised for load/speed/temperature, boost can be re-profiled etc etc.

4 minutes ago, riche60 said:

Thanks for all your replies i think i will take transam advice as the box does say plug in and play must admit the video you get does look easy also they say you can call them and will guide you through the process.

Easy enough to do, does it come already set up for your motor, the racechip product came with the wrong setting so had to mess about with it, your engine dash light will come on if it ain't set right. 

49 minutes ago, riche60 said:

Yes it comes set up to the car when i spoke to them they asked me which model as there are to 1 is 220nm standard and the other is 250nm which is mine, also asked for vin number.

Basically you remove a plug from a socket ...then plug one end of the box into that socket and then the plug you removed into the other end of the box ...

If you want your mazda to 'fly' go to Ritter for a remap ....

42 minutes ago, JAS21 said:

Basically you remove a plug from a socket ...then plug one end of the box into that socket and then the plug you removed into the other end of the box ...

If you want your mazda to 'fly' go to Ritter for a remap ....

Does it pick up speed cameras. ?

Archived