• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 hours ago, worgeordie said:

8 years not enough ,for the brutal slaying,

just the other day a Thai Lady got 4000 years

for conning some people

regards worgeordie

I hope that she has some male relatives that have some gonads to take care of things . When he gets out he will deported to Germany but while he is in the prison there are people that can be paid to either cut his sex off or do what he done to her.

15 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:

she no longer had feelings for me and that she missed her Israeli ex-boyfriend,”

He should have moved on then, he would probably be in a better position than he is now.

Not sure the other inmates will be happy with this 'farang' killing a Thai citizen, but that's his problem to face.;

your dead right and really lucky to only get 8 years mind you in a thai jail might seem more like 20 years

16 hours ago, worgeordie said:

for conning some people

regards worgeordie

The German got 16 years 16 months (17 years 4 months) reduced to 8 years 8 months for confessing. 

The scammer got her sentence for hundreds of different offences and will serve the maximum of 20 years.  If she'd confessed she'd probably have had to serve 10 years.    Always helps to look at things in context.

Back in 2011 a Canadian was convicted of murdering, mutilating and dismembering his Thai girlfriend and throwing her body parts in a swamp. He was sent to prison (never heard what sentence he was actually given) and 5 years later (in Oct 2016) he applied for a Prisoner Transfer back to Canada.

The Canadian "Public Safety" Minister immediately approved the transfer and apparently Thailand wanted to get rid of the guy as well, probably expecting that he actually would serve out his sentence back in Canada.

Less than a year later (sometime in 2017), the guy was back in Canada and walking around free. 

He committed (yet another) bank robbery in November 2017 and was arrested in August 2018 and charged with committing 3 bank robberies (that they know of) between Nov-Aug. 

That would indicated that the total time he spent in prison for the brutal murder, mutilation and dismemberment of the young Thai woman was maybe 6 years.

Maybe.

1 hour ago, Krataiboy said:

The Phuket News report says the prosecutor in the case "declined to confirm exactly what charges were finally pressed against Papke in court and that he  "could not reveal the details" of the trial.

Why? I'm no expert on Thai law, but I gather the Criminal Procedure Code stipulates that a criminal hearing should be held in open court, which presumably means that the public and Press have a right to be present.

Was this case heard in camera and if so, why? Certainly this would explain the lack of media coverage of the actual trial and the a somewhat sketchy and unsatisfactory belated disclosure of the proceedings by the prosecution.

Maybe some legal eagle can swoop in with an explantion.

I will be your legal eagle that will swoop in with an explanation. This is Thailand and not your home country and I think that you have been here long enough to know that the Thai courts can do whatever they feel fit to do at anytime.

This really shows the worth of the life of a Thai woman's life. I believe that the sentence would have been much higher if it had been a Thai male that was murdered. Thai women just do not have the high social position as their male counterparts and are therefore considered not as worthy as a Thai male. I have seen Thai families give everything to their son and nothing to their daughter, it is the way Thailand is. It is a male dominated country, it cannot have a queen rule the country only a king and now there are to be no more women in the police force. Everything is male.

These people doing this kind of stuff just makes more resentment against the good farangs living in this country.....This just makes it ever so much more hard to renew visas and e.t.ccccccccc .

He will be a buffet lunch for the inmates of the prison he is sentenced too.....

คุณอาจจะเผาไหม้ในนรกเพื่อสัมผัสกับผู้หญิงไทยที่มีความก้าวร้าว ...

17 hours ago, worgeordie said:

for conning some people

regards worgeordie

Wholeheartedly agreed!

While:

Mr. T - responsible for 70 suffocated Muslims in a truck - no extradition

Mr. T - Massacre in the south - no extradition

Red Bull Brat - no extradition

Mr. Bentley car - a wai…..and a dose of self imposed Buddhism for a short period of a few days

Under-aged, no license, spoiled little rich brat girlie - community service - unfinished because she didn't like it.

Policeman son of 'Important' politician shooting dead a fellow police officer in a night club - promotion to Captain

Feel free to add to the list of inequality

PS. The German deserved much more however.

4 minutes ago, Bundooman said:

Mr. T - responsible for 70 suffocated Muslims in a truck - no extradition

Mr. T - Massacre in the south - no extradition

Red Bull Brat - no extradition

You really need to understand a little more about international law and extradition!

Archived