German expat gets eight years jail for slaying Phuket girlfriend

rooster59

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, lanista said:

The cop in the middle and right look like theyre heading off to a fashion parade.

Nice shades!

Nico Papke ?  Sounds eastern european to me.

"Papke Name Meaning. North German (also Päpke) and Dutch: nickname from a diminutive of Low German pape, Dutch paepe 'pope'. Compare Pope."

Barack Hussein Obama sounds middle eastern to me...................Jeez.:saai:

18 hours ago, worgeordie said:

8 years not enough ,for the brutal slaying,

just the other day a Thai Lady got 4000 years

for conning some people

regards worgeordie

I believe they take into account the character of the persons involved.  In my friend’s village, a man brutally chopped  up his wife, but did no time in jail.  He did give the small house and land to the family, but nobody in the village, or the family liked her.  She was a drunk troublemaker, so I guess that was the reason?

Maybe something of this nature is the reason for the leniency?

18 hours ago, cyril sneer said:

pretty low stealing her ATM card, anyone know what the drugs charges were?

8 years doesn't seem a lot, people get more for carrying a gram of hash..

• Imprisonment not exceeding 1 year and a fine of 100,000 – 1,000,000 for consumption

5 hours ago, NamKangMan said:

Several posts comparing different sentences for various crimes.  Sadly, in Thailand, the social status of the victim plays a large part in the severity of the sentence.

Do you think it's different in western countries?

16 hours ago, 300sd said:

Not much of a judge-ment.

I wonder what drugs these judges are on. Must be a love drug. I wonder what the Thai gets for hacking his wife's head off. Some temple work and 10000 baht.

Now you know why crime is big here. They don't have jails to house a million crooks

Just tell everyone who the Judge was who gave this sentence? An innocent young lady will no longer see her parents, will not give birth to children, and her life if worth only 8 years of this animal's life with the possibility of parole after ?? years? If that was my daughter, this scumbag would not get to see his "Motherland" in this lifetime. Believe me, many in Thai jails would terminate his undeserved existence for a minimal amount.

18 hours ago, cyril sneer said:

pretty low stealing her ATM card, anyone know what the drugs charges were?

8 years doesn't seem a lot, people get more for carrying a gram of hash..

A joke you get 100 years in the US. Thais not want to pay his jail time

16 hours ago, BigBadGeordie said:

8 years, I have been married for 17 years.

Wish I knew this earlier.

I had a mate who used to say that.  His wife was a real nut case and 15 years after splitting she would still ring him with any problem in her life.  He used to say. "I should have killed the B**ch because I would have been well out by now."

Eight years seems like a rather paltry sentence for a brutal pre-meditated murder. Some people just do not know how to walk away. She fell in love with another guy? She did not love him anymore? Life can be hard. You take your knocks and move on. You don't want to be with me anymore? I get it. See ya! I am out of here. Lose my number. That is what real men do. 

14 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Eight years seems like a rather paltry sentence for a brutal pre-meditated murder. Some people just do not know how to walk away. She fell in love with another guy? She did not love him anymore? Life can be hard. You take your knocks and move on. You don't want to be with me anymore? I get it. See ya! I am out of here. Lose my number. That is what real men do. 

Real men who maybe are not messed up in the head with drugs. 

20 hours ago, arithai12 said:

This 50% discount when you admit your guilt is weird, especially when the evidence is incontrovertible anyway.

Halving the sentence for a  confession is a Thai legal custom, not sure it is a formal law; and is, according to the Daily Mail, done similarly in the  UK--lesser sentence for confessing  https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1305618/Criminals-confess-police-station-receive-shorter-prison-sentences.html

So if they had given the guy say 50 years we would have had a bunch on here screaming that he was given more than a Thai would have gotten. Just cannot make people happy here.

I do agree that the sentence seems a bit short but who here really knows all of the story and what was given to the judges.

21 hours ago, dddave said:

Odds are, five years from now he'll be out of prison or perhaps sent to Germany to serve a few years.  He really does deserve 20 years in Ban Kwang; Nigerian Block.

I have never heard of Nigerians killing someone here in Thailand, he should be in block of farangs pedophiles and criminals.  Nigerians look like angels comparatively to these garbage farangs.

11 hours ago, Pedrogaz said:

8 years? Is that all? For murder? He should have been executed if he was actually guilty.

Yeah and 1 year later a video emerges where her ex israeli bf did it.

Good idea.

Maybe he didnt do it but saw no way out so he confessed and got the sentence reduced by 8 years.

Wouldnt  be the first time.

14 hours ago, Dukeleto said:

I wonder how many of us reading that burst out laughing. Obviously I could never ever ever ever do it under any circumstances but it does shed a humorous light on how excruciating painful a marriage can be. Men were simply not genetically programmed for marriage no matter which way you cut it, dice it or slice it. If it weren’t for raising children and the wish to keep a loving and stable environment for them the vast majority would simply opt out at some point, and some indeed do. Putting it another way...If I lost my wife or she divorced me I would never ever ever ever get married again! One should never make such absolute claims, but I feel strongly that this is the one exception to that rule!

Good points, but in my case, I lived with my ex-wife longer than we were married - both times - yep, I married her twice - she was Thai, I in the Army, took her to Korea with me, she came back to find her father neglected, I come back to take her to Germany, next post, she wouldn't leave, so we divorced - I come back a year later, we got married again, but three months into it, we divorced - Happliy.   so now I have been with the same woman (non-Thai) for almost twenty years, and we are not married - there's somthing about that piece of paper and a ring that doesn't agree with me..........and believe me, she has more  gold or diamond rings than she has fingers & toes.  I don't believe in the institution of marriage, and all it represents.  Has nothing at all to do with 'respect'  to her or her family to 'marry her'   we are more   'married' than a lot of people I know..........Oh before I forget, both my previous divorces cost me about 300 baht each.:giggle:? 

Archived