German expat gets eight years jail for slaying Phuket girlfriend

rooster59

11 hours ago, Mikeasq60 said:

Having worked in an American Prison for 10 years (maximum and super max facilities) I got to say you don't want to go there. I can only imagine what a Thai prison has got to be like. If ya cant to the time don't do the crime, very wise saying!

My Brother-in -law works in a Fed Max Security Prison in Washington State four days on four days off - he comes home and has to take liquid THC so he can be normal again.............he retired after twenty years from the US Navy at 38, got his 'dream job' and now at 52, he looks like he is 75...........wouldn't have his life for love nor money.............I'd make my kids find a job before I'd do that to myself.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On ‎9‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 1:58 AM, cyril sneer said:

pretty low stealing her ATM card, anyone know what the drugs charges were?

8 years doesn't seem a lot, people get more for carrying a gram of hash..

Very stupid small minded man, he should of moved on rather than be in an obsessive relationship.

Sentence halved from 16 years, could be because of some influence or information leading to influence.

Either way a stupid way to learn Thai in the BK Hilton.

As far as I am concerned he killed another human being and should have got the death penalty. If he serves his full term he will be out of jail when he is 44 and his victim is no longer alive. It is not fair. The law has not just got to be done, it has got to be seen to be done and it does not in this case.!!!

Only eight years for killing another human? This sentence most certainly does not fit the crime. However, it does indicate that murder is not a capital crime here ........ evidently loss of life due to a premeditated vicious act does not warrant a life sentence. Thailand certainly has a lot to gain by making crimes of this nature a capital crime which deserves a life sentence ........ they would be viewed by the rest of the world as a country with zero tolerance for murder. Perhaps it would also go some way to "reign in" all the "hotheads" that reside here too & make them think twice. 

On 9/16/2018 at 6:11 AM, scorecard said:

Plenty of cases, regularly reported here on TV of Thai people and others getting very long sentences for conning /cheating others etc., that's enough evidence.

nope... for carrying 1 gram of hash, first offense... waiting on your "evidence".

2 hours ago, Daveyh said:

Only eight years for killing another human? This sentence most certainly does not fit the crime. However, it does indicate that murder is not a capital crime here ........ evidently loss of life due to a premeditated vicious act does not warrant a life sentence. Thailand certainly has a lot to gain by making crimes of this nature a capital crime which deserves a life sentence ........ they would be viewed by the rest of the world as a country with zero tolerance for murder. Perhaps it would also go some way to "reign in" all the "hotheads" that reside here too & make them think twice. 

Murder here is a capital crime, ie punishable by death. Not that it brings back the deceased. We just get two corpses.

On ‎9‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 4:21 AM, Kieran00001 said:

It is not automatic, it is up to the court to set the sentencing and they are allowed to reduce sentences by up to 50% if they plead guilty, again it is their decision, not the prosecutor.  And there is no way of determining if the evidence was incontrovertible in the eyes of the court as when a guilty plea is entered no evidence will be submitted by the prosecution.

It's irellevant - the thai system is not understandable and just doesnt make sence when scamming seems to be worse than killing, when driving without a helmet are threated equal as attacking others in public with a sword (500thb), when the reaction over a teacher's twitter message are seen as worse than when a teacher's are getting caught red handed for abusing children - and the list goes on....

Who can have faith in a system like this….

11 minutes ago, Naam said:

if you live in Thailand you are in the system. having faith in it or not is irrelevant.

What really make something irrelevant is to take something out of context so it loses its original value….:coffee1:

7 hours ago, Daveyh said:

Perhaps, but seeing as there is zero evidence that harsher sentences do anything to deter crime we can assume it wouldn't.

Archived