Current waiting time for U.K. visitor Visa for Thai partner

Darn, what nationality are you guys? I've been waiting 19 working-days so far - haven't heard a peep yet. ????

Are they supposed to confirm via email or phone? (I didn't buy any of their 'upsell' services)

You jumped onto an old thread, the guys were giving their experience of last year and earlier this year, from what I've read of late, applications are taking in the region of 20 working days.

You're supposed to receive an email when the decision has been made, but not what the decision is.

22 hours ago, theoldgit said:

You jumped onto an old thread, the guys were giving their experience of last year and earlier this year, from what I've read of late, applications are taking in the region of 20 working days.

You're supposed to receive an email when the decision has been made, but not what the decision is.

I hope that still isn't true about the 20 working days.

We put an application in for my wife on the 17th June and we fly out to the UK on the 17th July.  We weren't going to go due to finances, but it will be my mother's 101st birthday and she's been in hospital twice since May an id waning quickly.  The last stay was due to pneumonia and she was in 16 days so it's not looking good.  When I called her to check on her she specifically asked if we were coming over for her birthday so I felt we really should  go so we made a last-minute decision.  Hence the lateness of submitting her application.

We spoke to a senior staff Thai member when we went for her biometrics and explained the situation.  She wrote a note that said 'Compassionate' in English and 'Husband's mother very sick, aged 101 years' in Thai.  

I had hoped that might have done the trick and we'd have had the passport back sooner, but not yet.  We did go down to check last Wednesday and someone made a load of notes and said they'd take them to the desk to be sent to wherever to try to chivvy them up.  Still nothing.

Next Monday, the 8th, is the 15 working days so I will be back down there on the Tuesday morning if nothing is heard on Monday.  

The following Monday is the 15th and will be 20 working days and it's dangerously close to our departure at 11 am on the 17th.  I wonder if anyone knows how we can get them to get their skates on?  Anyone have any ideas what else we can do?

Compassionate 1.jpg

On 7/5/2019 at 1:57 PM, theoldgit said:

Sorry, I didn't realize there was a more-updated thread on this!

On 7/6/2019 at 12:32 PM, Mister Fixit said:

I hope that still isn't true about the 20 working days.

Update on my situation, this looks to be true for me - I'm finally able to pick up my passport after exactly 20 working days.

So no idea if what I did helped, but I emailed [email protected] about my long wait, and immediately got an autoreply saying that they don't support visa questions (only appointments). But after only 20 minutes, I received an actual phone call from VFS, where they told me that my passport was ready for pickup, but that "next time they will not call, but I should sign up for their SMS notification service instead" (coincidence???) ????‍♂️ Anyway, finally picked up my passport today, glad to be done with this VFS headache ????

2 hours ago, kdoba said:

Sorry, I didn't realize there was a more-updated thread on this!

Update on my situation, this looks to be true for me - I'm finally able to pick up my passport after exactly 20 working days.

So no idea if what I did helped, but I emailed [email protected] about my long wait, and immediately got an autoreply saying that they don't support visa questions (only appointments). But after only 20 minutes, I received an actual phone call from VFS, where they told me that my passport was ready for pickup, but that "next time they will not call, but I should sign up for their SMS notification service instead" (coincidence???) ????‍♂️ Anyway, finally picked up my passport today, glad to be done with this VFS headache ????

Very many thanks for that email address.  I have been into VFS a couple of times, but nothing so far.  We signed up for the SMS notification, but last year and the year before we never had an SMS from them, only an email.

I have just emailed that address with some information and asked if they can help expedite the application.  Fingers crossed and many thanks again.

• 2 weeks later...

I received my wife's passport back with the visa approved yesterday. It took just 15 working days from handing in her passport at VFS in Bangkok. It was actually back in Bangkok after 13 working days, then took another two to reach us by courier - including nearly a day and a half where it apparently sat in the Hua Hin main post office, arriving there at 6:20 am one morning and not leaving there for delivery until 11:50 the next morning. Obviously I can't blame VFS for that.

Blimey, this all makes me a tad nervous to be honest.  We applied on July 10th and we have non refundable tickets booked to England for August 14th.  If we get the visa it will be posted to us - so thats 2 working days to Isarn.

I think that means we need to have the visa aproved and posted by August 9th which is a Friday.  Thats only 22 working days away, bloody heck!

Blimey, this all makes me a tad nervous to be honest.  We applied on July 10th and we have non refundable tickets booked to England for August 14th.  If we get the visa it will be posted to us - so thats 2 working days to Isarn.

I think that means we need to have the visa aproved and posted by August 9th which is a Friday.  Thats only 22 working days away, bloody heck!
Why book tickets before visa granted?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Archived